New Update

DeletedUser37898

I noticed in the changelog of the new update planning to release tommorow it didn't state if the Day of Dead sets are going to be saleable does anybody have any confirmation on that?

DeletedUser36559

After double tombola and FF international event we may need to wait for a bit.

DeletedUser35101

Market update will create huge problem..
"Picking up large amounts of items from the market
If a player tried to pick up a large amount of items from the market the request timed out. We changed the underlying system which should prevent this from happening. Happy shopping!"

I do understand reason for doing this.. saves us clicks on pick up.. and when looking that side i do like it, though i do mostly use "collect all" and try to be careful to hit NO when it asks me to pick up with nuggets all rest i have in markets all over map..

PROBLEM with this update feature does involve nuggets.
When one wants to collect items from market using nuggets they are charged 10 nuggets per each individual pick up (regardless is there just 1 item or 10 in bulk, but bought as one or bulk).
This new feature shows in current bid tab, individual buys as bulk buys.. and that is problem.. cause so many will just do clicks and notice huge decrease in nuggets only after those were used.
Not all do market pick ups regularly after they buy things.. some have it up waiting for pick up for days or months..

- Before update if i bought 5 bayos, all single purchase those were shown as 5 individual buys in current bid tab.
- After update those 5 bayos are shown as one bulk buy..
If i leave them on market for few days and suddenly need JUST 1 bayo urgent and want to do fast market pick up.. who will remember that will cost me 50 nuggets and not 10.. since it really wasn't bulk buy (as it is "shown" in market) but all bought as separate ones.. and there is no option for me to do fast pick up on only that 1 bayo i want at that moment.. but all 5 (for 50 nugs) or none..

None can really keep track on what we shop and were those single purchases or bulk ones.. something really needs to be changed with this.. or people will feel tricked

DeletedUser

Has anyone else got the (slight) problem where now you can't use Nuggets to pick up cash from a far-away town?
I.E. You put something up for sale at a town. You then move away - say to do a job - and someone buys your item. You've always been able to use 10 Nuggets should you want to, to pick up the money from afar. Now I can't. :unsure:

DeletedUser23737

Regarding the recent duel changes...

I will just adjust... just I am not sure why resistance is yet again being changed, nor why appearance/tactics are being improved (after being down-played), nor why dodge aim are being reduced, nor why stance percentages are being tweaked, nor why soldier class is being de-tuned... and this is not the first time major changes are being implemented to affect duelling.

But... if developers actually listened to duellers... then the changes might be done correctly the first time. And there resides my main point... duellers are not listened too by game developers.

At this present time, there are fewer duellers in the worlds I play in than there have ever been before. I even tried to get a dueller competition up and running on El Dorado... less than ten duellers were playing enough to even be interested. I even can't name more than ten good duellers on a world these days as the duelling fraternity has been disillusioned and left/retired/gone FF'ing, such a change from when I could name ten towns with their share of tough duelling opponents on a world.

This to me is testament to the dis-connect between developers and duellers.

In the development blog ( http://devblog.the-west.net/?cat=16&lang=en ) it reads:

"Are more changes to zero motivation duelling planned?

No, not at the moment. We believe we have addressed almost every reason for zero motivation duelling, shifting the advantages and conveniences in favour of experience duelling. In doing so, we have done our job: providing the mechanisms and mechanics to promote a fun game for everyone."

Well... I can attest that this comment shows just how out of touch the developers are with what is happening in the duelling arena.

Atm on Dakota, I have been deliberately losing for several months now... for fun? nope... just so I can get some duellable targets.

On El Dorado I am now townless. Is this for fun? Nope, there my duel level is going up and up and this has resulted in fewer targets... which meant it takes longer and longer between duels 30+ minutes. I could change this by spending a few months losing... but as I have a nice duel record there, I am loathe to take the one part I did enjoy and put that down the toilet in order to once again... have 'fun' duelling.

On Fairbanks, I am a trader... and this is the least fun I have had on any world so far.

What bugs me, as I have been a long time player of this game... is how my sharing my views... influences the developers not one bit.

While there have been many good improvements that help game-play... in the area of duelling there seems to be no vision or insight.

Apart from players, who once enjoyed duelling, leaving the game... all these 'negative' changes result in the one thing developers should be trying to promote. I now spend less nuggets on this game than ever before. Madness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaceydk

Has anyone else got the (slight) problem where now you can't use Nuggets to pick up cash from a far-away town?
I.E. You put something up for sale at a town. You then move away - say to do a job - and someone buys your item. You've always been able to use 10 Nuggets should you want to, to pick up the money from afar. Now I can't. :unsure:

Confirmed, you should post it in the bug forum.

DeletedUser

Not sure if it's a bug or intentional. I will post it anyway though. :)