New to new world - need tips

DeletedUser

So this will be my first new world. I started playing some time after world 8 opened. At the time you could not join 8 and 9 so I did not see how long after 9 it was.

So my previous experience with this game already had well established towns.

How does the game play differ and what advice can anyone give for first time players on a new world?
How long before the first towns will pop up? And then the first hotels?
How is the recovering of energy handled at the start? Do you just wait forever to have it recharge?

Any other tips are welcome.

And as I type this the game has opened ... game on.

DeletedUser11353

Towns will start popping out when people get to lvl 9-10, it shouldn`t be too long before that happens. You can sleep in `founding town`, they are located in the each column of far east, they are marked on mini map with big orange dot. As for the advice, I really don`t know what to say but enjoy the game

DeletedUser

You can sleep in `founding town`, they are located in the each column of far east, they are marked on mini map with big orange dot.

This bit was the advice I was looking for for starting on a new world.

Thanks, I did not know this.

DeletedUser

If you get a bad placement, its still worth walking there to get energy. Then you can go somewhere else. I know im going west. Wanna be secluded till im lvl 40.

DeletedUser11353

If you get a bad placement, its still worth walking there to get energy. Then you can go somewhere else. I know im going west. Wanna be secluded till im lvl 40.
Why west? There are no founding towns there and I doubt anyone will build a town here in fresh start of the world.

DeletedUser

Dunno... Ive always wanted to go west on W9. It wont matter. My dueler wont be ready for a while so i wont join a town till around 30.

DeletedUser

It's a horrible thing for a dueler to be secluded. You loose so much dueling experience.

DeletedUser

As luck would have it, I'm on the lowest-rightest grid. Anyone around, yo?

DeletedUser

Where would you put your skills to get the best jobs? I know it is a bit far away but which character class are you going to pick?

DeletedUser

Dunno... Ive always wanted to go west on W9. It wont matter. My dueler wont be ready for a while so i wont join a town till around 30.

It's a horrible thing for a dueler to be secluded. You loose so much dueling experience.

But you end up being level 30 with a duel level of 30. That means you can wear level 30 items while those being level 22 with duel level 30 can only wear level 23 items.

DeletedUser

all builders-to-be unite in the lowest left grid square... (most secluded)

DeletedUser

founding towns, I see them on the map, how is it someone is building a town already???? but then names see all too similar (new york, washington, richmond), so whats going on here?

I wouldnt think they are players already.

DeletedUser

Where would you put your skills to get the best jobs? I know it is a bit far away but which character class are you going to pick?

from what I have seen, stamina, setting traps and hiding (also good fort skills)

DeletedUser

Those towns are unbuildable. Players can't take them over or anything. They are NPC ghost towns.