New server

• Thread starter DeletedUser37168
  • Start date

DeletedUser37168

I would like to know if there is any chance to have the opening of the new .net server any time soon.

It's nice to have the recommended servers for the new players but it would be more fun to have the new server released every year.

I find it surprising that most of the west servers are couple of years old now which is quite opposite from some other Inno games I played like Grepolis where the new servers are released very often. :)

DeletedUser22685

And Grepolis has a player base large and active enough to sustain regular new worlds. We have one decent world at the moment, and even that one is a shadow of its former self. With each new world, the old ones die out a little more, and the last couple of worlds only lasted a few months anyway.

That said, I'm guessing we're due for a new one in the next couple of months, judging by the pattern they've followed in recent years.

Deleted User - 1693871

The West had a large player base, Futu, which became noticeably smaller once new worlds stopped being released regularly.

DeletedUser22685

The West had a large player base, Futu, which became noticeably smaller once new worlds stopped being released regularly.

You've got it the wrong way around. They only opened new worlds based on demand, which meant that it stopped happening regularly once the player base became noticeably smaller.

The sole contributor to the diminished player base is the fact that there's no longer any kind of advertising for The West. When the ad campaigns were running in 2009, there were well over 100k active characters. As soon as they were pulled, things started to decline. After that, they could no longer open new worlds without putting strain on the existing ones.

Oh, and if you're talking about the player counter that used to be displayed at the top right of the homepage, the reason it went down so quickly when new worlds weren't so frequent is because it showed the number of total characters rather than registered accounts. One player was counted eight times if they played eight worlds. People who joined each world as they opened were quitting and their replacements only had one or two characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

What Futu said above, each new world puts a strain on the previous ones, and eventually it gets killed. I've been in Dakota since day 1 and I know how much it was affected when Eldorado was released. Half-Killed, actually more than half.

DeletedUser22685

Dakota was always bad, but it definitely became worse.

Worlds 11-15 weren't really affected too much by the opening of subsequent worlds. It was the original 10 worlds that really suffered. The activity now, however, is poor enough that it could well be a different story with any future worlds. Dakota and El Dorado definitely indicate that.

DeletedUser37168

The sole contributor to the diminished player base is the fact that there's no longer any kind of advertising for The West. When the ad campaigns were running in 2009, there were well over 100k active characters. As soon as they were pulled, things started to decline. After that, they could no longer open new worlds without putting strain on the existing ones.

Is it time for the new ad campaigns than? :)

DeletedUser

I have seen plenty for FoE, so I don't see why they shouldn't advertise TW too.

asdf124

Isn't FoE newer than TW? That could be one reason......

I remember someone did always warned that making new servers would backlash on older worlds. Dakota seems like having way too many level 1's but they might not be even active.

I feel that if they go for a newer world, wouldn't that knockout another world?

So, ask yourself, is it actually worth the risk to do that?

Anyway, newbies don't actually learn much by going to a newer world, so what is the actual point would you think?

It is for more competition, newer or older players to compete on ranks which is to be honest........ It is a waste.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36559

We don't need too many worlds since It's not needed at all. Yes FoE is newer than TW and has a much bigger playerbase hence that's where the big money is.

DeletedUser35120

And if it's for competition like asdf said above, you've speed worlds for that. One should be here round the corner.

DeletedUser

New players are important even for old worlds, it keeps the economy of the in-game world running and presence of new characters are needed to sustain the gameplay of all players because there will always be players leaving the game for RL or other reasons. Unfortunately, the lack of ads is a vicious circle; there are very few new players due to lack of ads and lack of players makes the ads less worth it.