New Premium - Doubling

DeletedUser

Proposal
Add an additional premium feature, which, when activated would double the effect of any one other premium

Current Workaround
None

Details

This idea proposes that a new Premium is created. At a cost of 50 nuggets, you can select any one other premium and have it's effects doubled. This requires that you already have a 'base' premium activated.

This means that specifically:

Higher Income - The Wages are increase by 75%. Also, the items that you find during work can be up to 75% more valuable
Character Bonus - The advantages of your character class are tripled
More Energy - Your character has a maximum of 175 energy points. Energy points regenerate 175% faster

Abuse Prevention
Activating the 'Doubling' premium reduces the amount of time on your existing Premium by 50%.

This means that if you have just activated More Energy and then immediately double it, you get 175 points and 75% faster regen for only 7 days instead of 14. At the end of the 7 days both premiums are 'de-activated'.

If you have 4 days left of more Energy and 'Double' it, you only get both premiums for 2 days.

Visual Aids
Please see wording I used above

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This was your reply to your Double Damage Days being overpowered:

Well, it only lasts for 24 hours, and if your health doubles on that day, so does the damage that a Dueler might do to you.

This is the same suggestion, but it's not for only one day. :p

DeletedUser

Actually, it's totally different from the POV of driving nugget use. The Double-Day is a freebie from Inno, and the total effects last for 24 hours. Impulse effect on nugget use.

This one is a variable effect that you choose, cuts the premiums used by as much as 50%, and is designed to drive sustained nugget use.

One is a Buy One Get One Free scheme, getting people in the door
The other is a concierge service, pay a little extra for a luxury, but it's use is limited (even if you can afford it).

DeletedUser

Overpowered is overpowered, nothing else matters. A lot of people think hp is too much already, there's no possible way you'll win a vote for increasing it.

DeletedUser

The thing is, the extra HP means yes, you can stand up for more rounds in that battle. But so what. You try charging that flag. Stick 4 advents with premium and a 100% chance of not getting hit after the second hit in that round, you've got an interesting scenarion.

Dueling? Yeah ok, even harder to get ko'ed, but if you're a tank already, only gang-dueling will ko you currently.

Anyways, it's not about the soldier premium only, it's not about fort-fighting only, it's about creating an additional, variable, way to use your nuggets, to gain some advantage over other premium users, and to drive more nugget use!

DeletedUser30224

I understand that you are trying to think out of the box, but because there is a serious abuse ( advent with 100% ghost, dueler with 40% crit, soldier with 150000 hp and dancing feet workers) , not to mention soldier duel tactic bonus ... there lies the inbalance, and because of that, it is out of discussion really.

You would catch more fish eliminating the character bonus. Energy, higher income ---> even higher income is very unbalanced as well. If I remember correctly, at lvl 80 pure FMS on grave robber I had 7500 drop rate with higher income, so double that, you would get around 11000 drop rate...already in reach of some rare items. (that is if rare items are dropable, I am lazy to check :p )

I am sorry, but I see this as a step back instead of a step forth, I'm not offering my support for this, sorry.

DeletedUser

I have to laugh at it all... The devs aren't going to adopt EVERYTHING exactly as is.

Yes, Soldiers currently practically worthless Tactics bonus gets an increase.
150,000 HP. Yeah, that's realistic. 30,000 Maybe. So what. That dueler with the crit can do 40% damage every 1 in 5 shots. There's 12,000 HP wiped out just like that.
Advent ghosting - OK, too strong, change it to 75% or something.
Workers advantage. Show me where having 100 Def and 100 Attack means you're unstoppable. THEN prove that 150/150 means something different. Those aren't chances to hit and dodge, they are just numbers.

And get off the idea of fort fighting FFS. The game is so much more than that.

Yes, it means pure FMS and Trading have a better chance of finding more rares, but NOT the rarest. And NOT guaranteed. So what? Better items on the worlds' markets, better chances for players to complete collectors sets.

Workers building towns faster. Duelers with range advantages.

Coding effort? Got to be nearly zero. Just double the number on the entry.

Come to a dying world and see how/if you can spice things up. This would definitely be one way to do it...

DeletedUser

Perhaps it'll be better to just have a 50% increase, rather than a 100% increase.

DeletedUser

OK OK. I'll change the description, but not the name. I'll make it so that the doubling effectively adds to the upgrade and not the base... Hope that makes sense...

DeletedUser30224

Supraxus, I am sorry but you are not helping the situation. If you want to implement something, then think about it first, you are not a newbie here. Think it carefully, find you own flaws first and then think again what others might have in favour or against it.

There is one good reason and half to do this (spice things up and find rare items ... some of them that is), but plenty bad reasons not to do it: Soldiers will be melee duelers with ranged build ( adding 40 Hp will give them ... you name it, more HP compared to what they have now), HP tanks will get all more than 12k HP, Duelers will duel you from the next county (maybe exaggerating but making a point), Duelers will ALWAYS get most damage and boxes in battles, not to mention that these duelers will be a thorn when swapping is involved, Adventurers will hold a sector for many rounds, and I already though of a strategy where you only need a handful of advents to destroy any chances an attack might succeed, making it near impossible to win a fort..., not to mention that workers will maybe gain the most dodges if they are lucky enough... did I miss something?

Before you get to developers, you have to convince us to vote yes for you, so saying that developers will ponder on it and make it fail-proof is backward thinking. A pigeon has to learn to fly first before it has a chance to on the statue.

No disrespect intended at all, I do not think this is a good idea to "evolve" this game.

DeletedUser

I don't have you convince you of a single thing zd3no, and frankly I'm bored of trying. The condescension in your post is staggering. Well done!

Come up with your own ideas, and/or come to a dying world and try something of your own, or quit commenting here please.

DeletedUser

I'm unsure as to the makeup of your world. You say it's dying, are the only players left premium players all maxed out at level 120? If that's the case, I don't see how giving a premium boost on top of existing premium bonuses will change anything or bring in new players or change how the world plays. If there are still non-premium players in your world, then this might simply make them leave.

In a full world, I think this would just add to the divide between premium and non-premium players. Soldiers being able to use weapons an additional 3-6 levels earlier than other people (however much you want to increase the premium boost) would be insane. Adventurers would be finding item drops every other 15 minutes as well as the afore-mentioned ghosting benefit which is already too strong imo.

From an Inno point of view, it might be a good thing as it would push more people to splashing out on nuggets, but I don't think it would benefit either a dying world or a new world.

Why not have premium perks like the perks in Fallout: New Vegas where there is a boost to your character, but at a price, i.e. damage in duels increases, but at a cost of accuracy or you can increase the max value of luck drops by 50% for example, but the drop rate decreases by 50%?

DeletedUser30224

I don't have you convince you of a single thing zd3no, and frankly I'm bored of trying. The condescension in your post is staggering. Well done!

Come up with your own ideas, and/or come to a dying world and try something of your own, or quit commenting here please.

You are right high king of Forum :hmf:, I of course know little and cannot foresee the future. I can just ponder how this idea might affect the game, and you have a big NO from me.

No need for convincing me.

P.S. I am in a dying world too, and I know it is hard, but this is not the answer.

DeletedUser

No. As many of the earlier arguments demonstrate, this proposal is unbalancing.

DeletedUser563

Require more thought this idea must. In other words i do not agree with some of the posters that we must pitch perfect ideas. This section allows people to work on ideas. As to the fact that a half baked idea will have a lot of NO votes does not change much. If your suggesting further HP for soldiers most players will vote no. I would say change this more into a novelty idea.

Lets take today Innogames gave +50% income for non premium users and 0 for premium users. Now I have thanked them on the german forum by paying them with some pictures for in effect for premium it has to effect of gaining 3.57 nuggets. They deleted that posts within 3 hours without any infractions :p. So the premium player is today feeling a bit down for all other players is enjoying a bonus for him its a "slap in the face". Something along I paid you 3000 nuggets and you give me a bonus of 3.57 nuggets. So change your idea as follows:

For 1 day in a month a premium player can enjoy double the premium features except the HP bonus for soldiers. My birthday is on the 13th so I suggest we make it on the 13th of each month as I thought of the amendment. This will encourage players to get premium on those days meaning more revenue for Innogames meaning more programmers and less bugs and ultimately a better run game at the expense of 1 day a month. That means for one day a player that can get a $5000 item can get a $7500 item through luck.

DeletedUser22685

For 1 day in a month a premium player can enjoy double the premium features except the HP bonus for soldiers. My birthday is on the 13th so I suggest we make it on the 13th of each month as I thought of the amendment. This will encourage players to get premium on those days meaning more revenue for Innogames meaning more programmers and less bugs and ultimately a better run game at the expense of 1 day a month. That means for one day a player that can get a $5000 item can get a $7500 item through luck.

Almost that exact proposal was made just before this one by the same player right here. I guess it's not going to be on your birthday after all :p

However, the soldier HP bonus can not be omitted on its own, it's either the entire character class bonus for all classes or none at all.

DeletedUser563

Almost that exact proposal was made just before this one by the same player right here. I guess it's not going to be on your birthday after all :p

However, the soldier HP bonus can not be omitted on its own, it's either the entire character class bonus for all classes or none at all.

i traveled back in time and changed the thoughts in his head right before he posted.

On topic NO to a permanent premium I will vote yes on the other idea though.

DeletedUser22493

It seems like a rather unnecessary prem feature to me. Creates a wider gap between free players and prem players.
Id rather not have it.

Red Falcon

No to this idea for two simple reasons...
1: Over-powered characters!
2: As people stated above, it's identical to another idea (Double Premium Days or whatever).
Not very well thought out at all. Better luck next time though. ;)