New Moderator

Dirty rotten Billy

Congratulations Jouais

We expect only the best from you :D anything less and your FIRED !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: just kidding, Arizona is possiblily the best world in the west and we like to party !!! :D

As for swearing I can honestly say I havnt see one swear word yet on chat that wasn't typied by anyone else :rolleyes: :laugh:

CanonRebelz

I wish it had only occurred in Chatango, futurama. In Chatango, there is a banned words feature. Profanity and rule violation was becoming much to frequent and offensive in in-game chat.

Maybe, my town and I are just a bunch of old fashion country folk, but we invest money in this game, and play by the rules. I felt that the rules #3 and #5 needed reiterated, thus I mentioned it here, as a reminder to everyone!

This is a great game! It would make playing much more pleasant if rules were followed.

Respectful regards,

cw
Hellstromm and Jouais,

Several of the players in Arizona are deliberate rule breakers. The swearing and even verbal abuse towards individual players is extreme and extensive. I am not speaking of the stronger version of Dang, but deliberate use of the F-word and calling others vulgar names, etc.

I suggest someone police chat in Unhinged Alliance.

Thanks for reminding everyone to behave, however, Arizona needs more than a verbal reminder! I have tried to remind folks of the rules, and it only leads to more blatant swearing and rowdiness.

Regards,

coyotewoman
I have been in the same chat, and it really is not as bad as described. Besides, the language is less frequent than that of other games on the internet. The-West and its players are rather tame compared to players of other games on the interwebs. Put the player on your ignore list if you don't like the way he talks!

coyotewoman

CanonRebelz, you are not the first to make this suggestion. However, you are ignoring one important aspect. If a person was to put everyone who swears on the ignore list, rather than resolve this concern with a uniform filter as suggested by futurama; the result would be that many important communications such as fort battles, dueling orders, and general game strategy would also be notably ignored.

The result be that anyone who chooses to "ignore" would be hindered in competitive ability. This might lead to certain alliance leaders kicking out players because of their lack of involvement or attention to orders.

Thus, I ask the question. Should players who are offended by violations of the game rules, i.e. profanity, be penalized and left with no recourse than to be, essentially, handicapped in participation and strategy by the rule breakers?

I say NO! The rules state no profanity! Furthermore, everyone should endeavor to make this game better than others on the internet. Why set this game's standards lower? That makes no sense economically to the developers, or participation wise to the players, etc.

As far as your statement copied below, maybe you play at a different time? And, what are your words "not as bad as described" intending to convey? Rule breaking is rule breaking. Would you like to be better informed? I have snapshots which I suppose I could post on PhotoBucket, however it would do more to tarnish the games reputation than to help it.

Cannon, it is important to consider all possible implications of one's choices in order to optimize one's situation!

Cannon wrote:
I have been in the same chat, and it really is not as bad as described. Besides, the language is less frequent than that of other games on the internet. The-West and its players are rather tame compared to players of other games on the interwebs. Put the player on your ignore list if you don't like the way he talks! __________________

JoxerTM

cw, the problem is that you can't filter 3rd party chats/forums/sites.
even if you provide an evidence here in a form of a screenshot, they can say it's falsified.
what we need is a filter for "bad" words in the game (that works on names, profiles, chat, forums) just like this forum has.

but I must tell you another aspect of it... we're trying to teach others our language. the easiest way? you start with swears. ;)
it works in RL really. so... is filtering and censoring a real way to go forward? dunno.

as for the ignore option Cannon suggests... why would you put a player on ignore because of his words? I tend to put on ignore only people I can't learn anything from them. ;)

futurama1001

what we need is a filter for "bad" words in the game (that works on names, profiles, chat, forums) just like this forum has.
That's what my suggestion was, and what coyotewoman is also vouching for. You must've misunderstood or misread or something.

However, some people might find that as a restriction of freedom of speech within their own private chats with town members they trust and, in some cases, now in real life. Such a filter would be unnecessary. So a better alternative may be for every player to have their own personaly filter, where they can choose certain words that don't show up when used in chat/forums etc., and maybe even choose words to replace them with so they know a word has been removed.

Duduie

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Duduie!
Duduie who?
Duduie your new mod!

No need for a new thread or warm welcoming :)