New Medals Guide (!Spoiler Alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Since the old thread is over 130 pages long and clogged up with unuseful information from the old times when we were trying to figure them out, here is a new Medals Guide. I am reposting the first 5 posts of the old thread. Please keep it clean and simple. All medals are pretty much confirmed, so there is no need to reconfirm them once you get a medal. However, any contradicting info with what is stated, please post it so we can check it.
Also, please post new found medals and ways to get them. I will keep the thread up to date.

Here is a link to the old thread, if anybody needs access to some of the posts there:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=26744

Medals FAQ

What are medals?
Medals are awards you can earn through completing certain tasks and fulfilling certain requirments.

How do I know if I have earnt a medal?
You will recieve a report, much like this one:

What do I get?
You get an icon for each medal. Up to four of these icons can be shown on your profile at any one time for others to see.

How do I see my medals?

Click on the 'Character' button on the left-hand menu, and you will see the four medals you are displaying. This icon is called your 'Medal Box'. To see the rest of your medals, click on the medal box (anywhere on your avatar). You can then scroll through the pages to see all medals earned. If you hover your mouse over each one, you can see what the medal is and when it was earned. (You can also do this to see other people's medals)

How do I know what I did to earn each medal?
It is not explained. Sometimes, it will be very clear because you perform an action and then earn an award. Sometimes, it won't be so clear. In the posts below, we are trying to collate all the medals that can be earned and how they are earnt. Some of these are just guesses though.

How do I choose which medals to display?
When you have the medal box opened, click and drag the medal you wish to display into one of the display boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Adventurer Set (Not specific to the adventurer character class)
1) Adventurer (Bronze) - Complete 10 quests.
2) Veteran Adventurer (Silver) - Complete 50 quests.
3) Story Line Lover (Gold) - Complete 100 quests.

Sleeping Set
1) Sleepyhead (Silver) - Sleep two full times in a hotel or barracks uninterrupted by any activity that uses energy.
2) Sleepwalker (Gold) - Sleep three full times in a hotel or barracks uninterrupted by any activity that uses energy.

Apparently (according to Dj Storm), the sleeping doesn't have to be continuous, but you can't do any activities that require energy. So you can sleep for 8 hours in a hotel or 6 hours in a barracks, pray, sit idly, walk to a town, fort, or quest giver, and fight in a fort battle before sleeping another 8 hours in a hotel or 6 hours in a barracks and still get the Sleepyhead medal when you're done.
Fort Fighter Set
1) Fort Fighter (Bronze) - Take part in one fort battle.
2) Veteran Fort Fighter (Silver) - Take part in 25 fort battles.
3) Fort Battle Guru (Gold) - Take part in 250 fort battles

Fort Battle Winner Set
1) Fort Battle Winner (Bronze) - Take part in one fort battle, and be on the winning side.
2) Veteran Fort Battle Winner (Silver) - Take part in 25 fort battles, and be on the winning side
3) Elite Fort Battle Winner (Gold) - Take part in 250 fort battles, and be on the winning side
elitefortbattlewinner.png

Praying Set
1) Believer (Bronze) - Pray 10 times.
2) Monastery Resident (Silver) - Pray 250 times.
2) Bishop (Gold) - Pray 1000 times.

Construction Set
1) Construction Worker (Bronze) - Awarded for 200 total construction points.
2) Architect (Silver) - Awarded for 3000 total construction points.
3) Constructor (Gold) - Awarded for 30000 total construction points.

Only points from town construction apply towards the medals: fort construction doesn't count. Upon completion of a final building level, any overflow construction points count.
Building Set
1) Builder (Bronze) - Awarded for completing the construction of 1 level of any shop.
2) Master Builder (Silver) - Awarded for completing the construction of 10 levels of any shop or shops.
3) Puh, the Last Nail (Gold) - Awarded for completing the construction of 25 levels of any shops.

lastnail.png

Sacrifices Set
1) No Victories Without Sacrifice (Bronze) - Pass out 50 times.
2) I'm Used to This (Silver) - Pass out 250 times.
3) Master of the Underworld (Gold) - Pass out 500 times.

DeletedUser

Combative Set
1) Combative (Bronze) - Awarded for challenging another player to a duel.
2) Dueler (Silver) - Awarded for challenging players to duels 500 times.
3) Master Dueler (Gold) - Awarded for challenging players to duels 1000 times.

The combative set is believed to be awarded for challenging players a certain number of times.
Tourist Set
1) Tourist (Bronze) - Sleep for 10 x 8 hours in a foreign hotel or allied fort barracks.
2) Backpacker (Silver) - Sleep for 50 x 8 hours in a foreign hotel or allied fort barracks.
3) Globetrotter (Gold) - Sleep for 100 x 8 hours in a foreign hotel or allied fort barracks.

Rowdy Set
1) Rowdy (Bronze) - Win 5 duels.
2) Ruffian (Silver) - Win 100 duels.
3) Gunslinger (Gold) - Win 500 duels.

Travelling Set
1) "And I Could Walk 500 Miles, ..." (Bronze) - Travel 5000 miles on foot.
2) Donkey Driver Through Field and Valley (Silver) - Travel 10000 miles on a donkey.
3) From East to West, Phew! (Gold) - Travel 20000 miles on a quarter horse.

On all of these the mount (or no mount for the walking medal) apparently must be equipped for the entire trip, not just when the trip is queued. Travel doesn't need to be continuous. Requirements are actual distances traveled, not time. If you're trying to achieve any of these medals, distance = % speed / 25 * (hours + minutes / 60 + seconds / 3600).

Note: Despite the fact that there is a bronze, silver, and gold medal, unlike the other bronze-silver-gold medal groups, you don't need to get them in order.

DeletedUser

The Wreath Medals

Some medals come with the gold medal, but with a green wreath around them in the icon. These are 'one off' medals, in that they don't seem to have silver or bronze counterparts. These are the known ones:

Trainee Builder - For levelling up (experience wise) from the experience earned from construction any town building (leveling up from the experience gained from fort construction does not reward the medal).
44764188.jpg

Construction Fool - For building with 0% motivation.

Raise the Flag - Find the product 'Union Flag' from the job 'Guarding the Fort' (If you have a flag from before medals were introduced, just equip it in the product slot to get the medal) [Formerly just called "The Flag"]
flagmedal.png

Development Aid Volunteer - For spending nuggets.

BETA WORLD ONLY - Annoying Critter - For reporting a bug.
bug-0xFF.png
annoying.PNG

You are loved - For completing the Valentine's Day quests. The first version, with the chocolate, is for males and the second version, with the rose, is for females.
lovemedals.png

Local Hero - For completing "Protect the citizens!", the Sheriff's decision in The railroad's journey of conquest.
localhero.png

Go directly to jail, do not pass go... - For completing "Money on wheels", Maya's decision in The railroad's journey of conquest.
godirectlytojail.png

Howdy, it's really Christmasy! - For completing the Christmas quests and getting the Snowman's hat.
christmasy.png

A peaceful Christmas Eve - For praying 15 minutes on December 23rd and 24th.
peaceful.png

April Fools! - For completing the April 1, 2010 April Fools Day quests.
aprilfools.png

DeletedUser

Happy Independence Day! For completing the July 4, 2010 Independence Day quests.
indepday.png

Deputy! For completing The Murder (It was murder) quest.
deputy.png

*Halloween Set
1) A Trick for Henry on Halloween - For giving the stinky fish to Henry.
2) A Treat for Henry on Halloween - For giving the candied orange to Henry.
3) A Trick for Maya on Halloween - For giving the stinky fish to Maya.
4) A Treat for Maya on Halloween - For giving the candied orange to Maya.
halloweeny.png

One can only have 2 out of 4, either Trick for Henry and Treat for Maya, or Treat for Henry and Trick for Maya.

Happy Thanksgiving! For completing the November 22, 2010 Thanksgiving Quest.
happythanksgiving.png

From dishwasher to millionaire for having $1,000,000.00 in the bank
2q8muky.png

DeletedUser

Good idea to make a newer one with the actual confirmed medals.

DeletedUser

With the new 1.30 update you can track progress and look on this thread so you will
know how much quests, duels etc to go until the medal.

DeletedUser

1) "And I Could Walk 500 Miles, ..." (Bronze) - Travel 333 miles on foot.

Travel 5000 on foot.

It's a lot easier because you can see it at your statistics page.

2) Donkey Driver Through Field and Valley (Silver) - Travel 666 miles on a donkey.
Travel 10.000 on a donkey. Same reason as above.

I tested it by myself ;)

DeletedUser

what about "a solution to the mystery" medal ? anyone know how to get it ?

DeletedUser

Hint: You can't get it before you reach level 75.

For real spoilers, check Quest discussion section.

DeletedUser

i check that forum everyday , there is nothing there about this medal .

DeletedUser

its a guide to medals , i dont see how add another guide to a medal gonna change concept of this topic .
can you put a topic link here at least ?

DeletedUser

Any kind of medal can be openly discussed here. Thus the spoiler alert in the title. So Joxer, spit it out. :)

DeletedUser

Ok, you asked for it.

In order to receive "mystery solved" medal you have to complete The Golden Gun Quest.

The complete solution to The Golden Gun / Three Key Quest is available in Quest discussion area inside this sticky thread:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=41426

Status
Not open for further replies.