New Medals Guide (!Spoiler Alert!)

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by Duduie, Dec 29, 2010.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fareez

fareez Well-Known Member

April fools award says it will appear on 1st of April but i didnt get it and i have finished all the April's quests! :huh:

2. futurama1001

futurama1001 Well-Known Member

That's from the Paladin questline which was only available in 2010 (for some reason).

3. smarttiger

smarttiger Guest

Why only in 2010? It's just so strange.

4. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Because it was a joke and everybody already knew the punchline.

5. Ivangelo

Ivangelo Guest

About the sleeping in a foreign hotel medal.
    1) Must i always sleep in a different hotel? (so can i not just sleep in a foreign hotel near to my town :) )
    2) as an adventurer one of my bonuses is to sleep for free in 1 and 2 star rooms will i still get the awards or do i have to pay for it? and sleep in rooms with +3 stars

6. Darth Maul 2

Darth Maul 2 Guest

If you´re adventurer you have to sleep in 3* hotels (pay for it). You can also sleep in forts too, if you have access to one. :)

You have to sleep in foreign hotel.

7. Duduie

Duduie Guest

1) No
    2) No

@Darth Maul 2: he was asking about getting the following medals: tourist, backpacker, globetrotter.

smarttiger likes this.
  8. Darth Maul 2

Darth Maul 2 Guest

Oh, sorry, I haven´t experimented with those medals so much, I was worong. ;)
    I knew what he was talking about btw.

9. smarttiger

smarttiger Guest

Wait, what do you mean by 'joke'?

10. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Joke as in April Fools Joke.

11. smarttiger

smarttiger Guest

:huh: Can you please elaborate?

12. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

I think the pic of the medal says it all: a greenhorn laughing at you. Some people really believed they were going to get a new class out of the quests and were outraged when the medal was the final reward. I wouldn't be surprised if it was available next year. Most of the non-Holiday set holiday quests skipped a year: the Santa hat, the other Easter egg, well, that's about it.

Alright, there was also the shoe brush quest, which skipped two years, at least on everything but .de, since it's a German Christmas tradition. I don't know if it was on other language servers before .net, or if it was on .de between the first year on .de and the first on .net.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    smarttiger likes this.
  13. smarttiger

smarttiger Guest

Well, I failed on the second quest, so I wasn't laughed at by a Greenhorn, even if I was starting to commit a ''Greenhorn'' mistake. Get it?

14. silkykitty

silkykitty Guest

I saw this on page one and have a question.

From East to West, Phew!
    (Gold) - Travel 1332 miles on a quarter horse.

I looked at my statistics page and saw that I have well over the 1332 miles needed for the medal. Is there something else that I need to do in order to get it?

15. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Those aren't miles. I couldn't figure out what unit the game was using to track distance. Miles were calculated by testing: time traveled times your speed. (d = rt!)

16. smarttiger

smarttiger Guest

Well, that's strange.

17. mankku

mankku Guest

well, if 333 miles is marked as 5000 on your statistic and 666 as 10 000, then by little calculation 5000:333≈15 so 15 by statistic ≈ 1 mile. then to get that "From East to West, Phew! " you´ll have to travel 20 000 by quarter horse.

btw dudie can you add it to your medal quides.

smarttiger likes this.
  18. smarttiger

smarttiger Guest

19. Duduie

Duduie Guest

Sure. It will make it a lot easier for people to keep track.

20. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Wasn't the walking medal actually 5200? The numbers were posted in the old medal thread when statistics were first added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.