Approved NEW IDEEA FORT FIGHTS BETWEEN PLAYERS ON NET SERVER

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Hey Everyone,

Thank you for this input about the Speed suggestion, we are grateful for the suggestion and we are sorry for the late feedback in this matter. However, we are happy to say that this idea has sparked our attention and we would be more than happy to realize it soon, therefore we would like to share with you some feedback about what is possible and what is not.

• Level cap is a tricky question, we cannot prevent players from gaining more XP, so maybe 150 would be the best.
  • Bonuses like on IFBC seems fine.
  • We can make the shop accordingly to your request, we can also give some starting items - but we are unable to prevent quests from being solved.
  • For premium activated what do you mean? Only automation or all VIP functions, or even others like finish job instantly?
  • We are unable to prevent item upgrades, but we may enforce a rule that is it forbidden and if happens the player gets banned. I do not know if this would be a suitable solution for you.
  • Closed market is possible with rule regulation, like we did earlier.
We are looking forward to your further input, thank you!

Caerdwyn

I'd like to play another International Speed Classic, like 2021's. I believe that one was held on ts1.net.

The best part about that event was that it was not front-loaded with large bonuses. In fact, some Premium bonuses, Speed Bonus Medal and 3-day VIP Star come to mind, were locked OFF and there were no tombula items available. Rather than relying on bonuses, the people who did well had to spend time on-line and use their knowledge to generate the efficiency needed.

Darkuletzz

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for this input about the Speed suggestion, we are grateful for the suggestion and we are sorry for the late feedback in this matter. However, we are happy to say that this idea has sparked our attention and we would be more than happy to realize it soon, therefore we would like to share with you some feedback about what is possible and what is not.

• Level cap is a tricky question, we cannot prevent players from gaining more XP, so maybe 150 would be the best. -->>>:up:
  • Bonuses like on IFBC seems fine. ---:up:
  • We can make the shop accordingly to your request, we can also give some starting items - but we are unable to prevent quests from being solved. That's good too.
  • For premium activated what do you mean? Only automation or all VIP functions, or even others like finish job instantly? The best it's like the last speed world, just premium without finishing job, buying products etc.
  • We are unable to prevent item upgrades, but we may enforce a rule that is it forbidden and if happens the player gets banned. I do not know if this would be a suitable solution for you. That's the best! :up::up::up:
  • Closed market is possible with rule regulation, like we did earlier. :up:
We are looking forward to your further input, thank you!

Beefmeister

alright, after re-reading this..i changed my opinion

-i'm pro upgrading instead of anti upgrading...i don't see why it shouldn't be possible, as long as your get your own items instead of someone else giving it to you...so basically just close the market

-if you close the market, give a chest with buffs to everyone or put em in shop. if you don't close the market i will personally not participate

-i'm against the classic items setting, no need for that. i think a similar structure to the one where you could buy chests from all the tombolas like one of the previous speed events, is pretty much ok. for in-game money that is

-i'm pro max lv99 though instead of 150, that would change some things and it would make it interesting. 150 is fine too but 99 would be better

-as number of battles, i suggest 2 per day, one for american prime and one for european prime. goober probably knows the right time to dig those.
so 2 towns with only npc's as black hats with the right to dig is NECESSARY. based on the number of players that participate in the event, you can decide the size of the forts that should be dug.

-every class needs the vip premium features active. no other premium features, like insta-finishing jobs or buying skill points.

-don't give gringo weapons as prize

-should be prizes for everything - dodges, hits taken, damage, average damage, hits, missed shots, number of people passed out. a total made out of all battles, of course. my suggestion is top 3 in every aspect + prizes for the top 3 on the overall standings - the in-game fort battle category of standings. just don't give gringo or union

-also, this is the most important - if you add chests, add only fort gear on chests. no other gear like santa or whatever, so people can abuse getting damage or something like that. people not using fort gear should be banned

if anything comes to mind i'll reply to this post. this is just my opinion, you know?

-how about we just do another ifbc? :lol:

DeletedUser15368

The idea to have "old-school" (lol) fort battles at level 150 with controlled/limited/balanced gear really appeals to me.
There's something, I bet, a lot of disillusioned players would log in for.

But why stop there, we could have level 99 battles and level 120 battles from history - show everyone how much better the game was when the skill points were reasonable.
Edit: Nvm they changed the gear to level-based, didn't they...

Last edited by a moderator:

WhyN0t

I'm sure they can use an older version of The west for a specific server to experience those battles.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I'm sure they can use an older version of The west for a specific server to experience those battles.
yes and no. feasibility of using the pre html5 update versions is much more limited, and I don't believe pre 2.0 versions are possible at all anymore (I don't know for certain, but even if it were technically feasible I don't think we could get permission)

Beefmeister

we just need another speed world organized by syntex where only the bots participate

can do this till october so 2 years threshold is met

szycopath

The idea to have "old-school" (lol) fort battles at level 150 with controlled/limited/balanced gear really appeals to me.
There's something, I bet, a lot of disillusioned players would log in for.

But why stop there, we could have level 99 battles and level 120 battles from history - show everyone how much better the game was when the skill points were reasonable.
Edit: Nvm they changed the gear to level-based, didn't they...

With the way inno butcherd the fort formula, at the end it'd still just boil down to "who can shoot harder on the biggest hp", except people would probably just run out of the 55 rounds.
Bring back old formulas AND old gear, then we can talk about actual FFs with strageties and whatnot. The way it is now, it's just a shoo(i)tshow either way

Goober Pyle

The West Team
@Darkuletzz
if you could scrounge up the event announcements from those language server forums for me I may have more luck pushing this across the finish line

Goober Pyle

The West Team
With the way inno butcherd the fort formula, at the end it'd still just boil down to "who can shoot harder on the biggest hp", except people would probably just run out of the 55 rounds.
Bring back old formulas AND old gear, then we can talk about actual FFs with strageties and whatnot. The way it is now, it's just a shoo(i)tshow either way
The current limitation on cap adjustments would not apply to speed worlds. In a world of this design, where full battles should be expected, caps can be adjusted until attacks are expected to prevail more than occasionally but less than frequently. We'd certainly prefer not to adjust caps after the main event is underway so a couple of "exhibition" battles may be needed at the beginning, and the competition may ultimately have to be about what round attack is wiped out, or whether the flag was touched or other metrics, but we would certainly strive to avoid a situation where all battles end in boring 55 round stalemates with only a handful ko'd on each side.