New Idea For Tombolas!!

DeletedUser

I have been talking to a few players big and small across a couple of worlds recently, and the general opinion of the Tombola is becoming kinda worn.

So i figured, instead of having 3 new sets a couple times a year, why not have a single cowboy character in a camp on the map like the travelling circus, whom you could duel to win part of his set....So for example you go to Mr Cullen Baker's camp, fight him, and have the chance to win an item :shootout: .....So far this is like a normal tombola, but heres the twist.

To make it fair for all classes and builds, there would also be an option where you could help him with certain tasks....quests....like say 5 hours of railway building, 3 hours of robbing gangs....on 3 difficulty levels, each with a random reward of 1 item of his set. :fisherman

For the fort fighters amongst us, have him participate as an AI character in fort fights (or mod-controlled player) where if he is KOed, the person who killed him recieves the entire set...

So we have even chances for workers, duelers, and fort fighters!

Of course, it would be one character, one set at a time, perhaps a little bit more often. By using the duel system, its like the easter tombola, the tasks, make them around 5-6 hours ( or a large number of single jobs) like the normal cooldown......

The final feature would of course incorporate some nuggets, 25 to give him a cup of coffee which makes it easier to beat him in a duel, and gives easier quests, 150 slightly easier, and so on....

Pease read, reply, lets see if the general comunity would appreciate this idea!! :cool:

DeletedUser33353

I like the idea. If a favorable response is forthcoming, perhaps put it in the proper form and submit it?

DeletedUser36028

not bad, I think that could work just fine... Thumbs up for idea ;)

DeletedUser

So after some thinking, a few players have brought up the nugget issue...obviously inno isnt going to want to implement something that doesn't make a few dollars for them, which is understandable and totally reasonable. Here are a few ideas ive thought up..

The Duel Aspect....

Perhaps make 3 special products, like coffee (25 nuggets/bonds) cookie ( 150 nuggets/bonds) and cake (800 nuggets/bonds) available in the UP shop while the character is present....you can buy one, equip it in your product slot, duel him....the various level of item will reduce his difficulty, and also make a difference with the prizes...

Alternativly, you challenge him to a free duel (small prizes), a 25, 150, or 800 bond/nugget-all in duel, each having the prize category for winning....kinda like betting. I think this would be easier to implement...and simpler interface.

The Quest/Work

Simply, make 4 different quests available all the time, one free, one costs 25 Nuggets/bonds to accept, the others increasing as usual...or the fee is charged when you complete....either or

And FInally, Fort fights...
Make it so It costs 25 bonds to get into a large fort battle (small chance) 150 medium (larger chance) and say 500 for a small battle (larger chance of koing him) naturally larger, nugget spending players will have the advantages of shooting order, damage, dodging, etc.

A problem i can see is, say that someone pays 500 nuggets, enters the battle, and doesnt ko him....they jut wasted 500 nuggets for a 1 in 30 chance of getting a full set....stupid...so i would suggest that everyone that participates wins a random item....it could be a hat, a tie, a belt, a rifle...like steel chests used to drop in battles..naturally there would be a bigger chance to get omething of lesser value in the 25, and 150 battles, but for the 500 i would defintly recommend the minimum thing you could get was a pant or coat...

Thats basically how nuggets and bonds would come in.... I think inno should bring the bonds back, even if they increased the price for bonds to give nuggets an advantage, as i believe this would encourage fort fighting, more activity to complete tasks, more crafting activity, more interest..

Let me know what you think mates!
If you like this idea, then its up to you to get it implemented!

DeletedUser33342

so it's actually kinda like the daily quest but less frequent and with other prizes?

DeletedUser35790

there is a lot of sense in this. it certainly adds a new element and reward opportunity.
most importantly it is a well thought out idea which probably has a better chance if catching Inno's attention.:D

DeletedUser30224

Here is what I think it will happen: Nothing. We already know that multiplayer instances are being developed, we know that fort fighting events will be a regular thing once they finalize the details of it all (the fort in the middle is made for that purpose). From Inno's perspective, having seasonal tombolas makes sense and it definitely works for them since this is the second year, if I am not mistaken, that tombolas are held.

What you are proposing has some merits of course but I am concerned about the fact that this cowboy will be available all the time (If otherwise stated then I have not seen it), therefore if a player wants any set, all he/she needs to do is respec to duelling and duel him all the time (with cooldowns I suppose). It makes sense to limit people to chose one of the 3 proposed activities, and duelling seems like the fastest option to success. People with nuggets will definitelly fill their coffins like this in a heartbeat and the next thing on the list would be the fact that any items that are dropable from the cowboy would become devaluated so greatly that the highest price you will ever be able to sell you gun would be around 400k.

I do not want to burst your bubble, but this will have to go to poll and I do not see how it could pass (speaking from past experience and gut feeling). People that have most of the sets know that they have something very valuable in their inventories, and from their view they are the half blind folks in a country of blind men.

DeletedUser33353

I believe the OP was proposing something like this in lieu of the seasonal tombolas.

DeletedUser30224

And that is why I do not see why would Inno suddenly change their marketing strategy since the same strategy is adopted by their other games as well.

Dubjean

If I'm reading this correctly, then once again it will benefit the duelers among us the most and fort fighters the least. It takes the most time to be ready for a fort fight, next is time taken to do jobs, and least amount of time to duel. Every time we have a holiday tombola there are less people at the forts so to have a year-round one then these would really suffer unless the benefits to do so were greater.

DeletedUser33342

I do not like the idea for the fortfighters at all.
Fortfights should be seen in a much wider view than only KO your enemies. You have many functions and builds for it, tanks, blockers, advents, damage dealers,... Your idea do not provide options for succes for all these functions. Obviously duellers and damage dealers will KO the NPC very fast while you give pure health builds not a chance to get the new items.

DeletedUser

An option to get around this would be to offer a set for the best person in each category, and also a few randomly given sets as well?

I do see your point