New Hall of Fame - with achievements

Pankreas PorFavor

Proposal
New section in an existing Hall of Fame, or a completely new Hall of Fame to be added to the game with a list of all achievements reached on that server and players who have reached them first.

Current Workaround
None.

Details
Every time a a player on a certain server reaches an achievement for the first time for that world, a sentence like this pops up in chat:"PlayerABC123 has become the first to gain the achievement XYZ."
There should be a record of that in a form of "Hall of Fame", where all the "first in server" players would be listed.
It could also hold a ranking of players according to the number of achievement points.

Abuse Prevention
I can see no potential for abuse.

Visual Aids
33ejx1w.jpg

Summary
This would add one more dimension to the game, another category to compete in. Players could

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser

This gets a real big YES from me, so simple and yet so much fun...

There are two things I would like to add:
- add a more button below each players name to list the next 9 players to get the achievements
- only list achievements that at least one player has gotten (only relevant for recent worlds) - but showing how many there are in total for each group, just like it works fr our own achievements

/Edlit

Pankreas PorFavor

@Edlit
- "more" button: it wouldn't hurt. but I am not sure if it would be applicable? I'm not sure if it is in the log? I hope that at least first achievement is logged somewhere, so we can get this retroactively. on the other hand, it is logged for every player when they gained an achievement so it could be taken from there, but I don't know if it's only with a date, or is time recorded too? good idea anyway :)
- "only list achievements that at least one player has gotten" - yes, of course, that's what I wrote: "list of all achievements reached on that server". if nobody has that achievement, it wouldn't be listed. I'm not sure how 'Heroic deeds' should be handled, but since they are visible in players profile, I'd say they should be listed in this HoF too.

what I forgot to mention - a player should get one more report if they are the first.
for example, you find a belt on a job while you are offline, and that completes your collection of this group of belts. you have no idea that you are the first in this server to complete this achievement because in your reports it only says you completed it, but the notification about being first was in chat while you were offline.

DeletedUser

I like it, but firsts aren't logged, it's just a boolean for each achievement for each world.

Noobmic

I like the idea. And first who reached the achievement is good enough. A more button to show how is now on ranking is a nice to have.

DeletedUser563

NO to this idea there was a similar idea posted by another user from the netherlands. Please study his idea before proceeding with this one.

Pankreas PorFavor

NO to this idea there was a similar idea posted by another user from the netherlands. Please study his idea before proceeding with this one.

sorry, I didn't find it before posting this. player form NL? was it posted in this forum?
can you post a link please?

Pankreas PorFavor

OK, there's a lot about new ranking in there, but I don't see anything about "first in server". people would be ranked according to achievement points, but I don't see anything about that. you just wouldn't know who is the first to collect something, this wouldn't be recorded or shown anywhere.

what is the next step, should I post this somewhere for voting or..?

DeletedUser563

think its too soon keep it on the first page till you have about 50 votes. threads tend to fall of quickly from the first page and then go dead as most players just respond to what they see which is about till the 8th thread for me on the first page but I have a 22 inch screen other probably less. with keep it on the first page I mean dont double post. Also you are allowed to lobby for a idea so spread the word(pass out the link to your idea) in the worlds you play. Correction 9th posts in the bigger ideas section.(my view)

Also if no one look at a idea people tend not to vote on them so by people repeatably opening an idea you also create a idea that this is a hot topic as your views count goes up. Even if its not. Face it forts /duels and you have 70 to 100 votes in a few days others you need to campaign harder. For that you still need to lobby in game rather than here.

Last edited by a moderator: