New Fort Battle Formula - World Colorado

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

canufeelit

will we have anything but anecdotal evidence about what effect resistance has?

i find this rather unfair to the better sides but more competition is welcome!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Quote from release notes:

Consequences

However, players with high skills already will notice they perform slightly better. The most obvious change will be the increased damage for these players – standing on a class tower will still trump having a bucket load of stamina and leadership.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On Colorado, USUALLY, players with high skills don't get in battle and especially not on towers.
Especially not in small forts. As for medium or large forts, percentage of players with high skills is so small that any impact will be barely noticeable (if any at all).
But good luck with testing.

DeletedUser

Two things work in fort battles: damage and resistance. I understand what "Damage" is. If I am not wrong it's the figure which gives you an idea that how much damage you will inflict. But what is Resistance?

And the Resistance equation says: (1200 / TotalHP) * (Stamina OR Hiding)0.5

So, in my case, in a defense my Resistance is: (1200 / 13900) * (35)0.5 = 0.509

What's the meaning of this figure "0.509"?

Thanks in advance :)

DeletedUser

Two things work in fort battles: damage and resistance. I understand what "Damage" is. If I am not wrong it's the figure which gives you an idea that how much damage you will inflict. But what is Resistance?

And the Resistance equation says: (1200 / TotalHP) * (Stamina OR Hiding)0.5

So, in my case, in a defense my Resistance is: (1200 / 13900) * (35)0.5 = 0.509

What's the meaning of this figure "0.509"?

Thanks in advance :)

That IMO if your value is greater than the opponent's damage value, you recieve less damage, and vice-versa

DeletedUser

That IMO if your value is greater than the opponent's damage value, you recieve less damage, and vice-versa
Thanks Dada, I am also thinking the same but need more specific information about this resistance thing :)

DeletedUser

These changes have been in beta for a few days now and I'm guessing that we are the "alpha" testers while Colorado is now the "beta" test for these new changes. The sample size is currently too small to make any conclusions. At the very least, maybe a greater variety of players will show up for battles to test out these changes.

DeletedUser

These changes have been in beta for a few days now and I'm guessing that we are the "alpha" testers while Colorado is now the "beta" test for these new changes. The sample size is currently too small to make any conclusions. At the very least, maybe a greater variety of players will show up for battles to test out these changes.

That should help other worlds..colorado fights are usually always filled

DeletedUser

I think Fafer said it all as far as testing goes. Colorado may be very active, but it's also very much about hp. An older less active world would probably provide a more accurate test.

As far as the change goes, I don't think it will make a huge difference. Duelers may drop hp to increase damage, still get into battles, and make people resent them even more. The importance of hp is only part of the problem with fort battles and a small fix in that regard isn't going to do much. I'd rather see something to make every battle a little bit different. Random or custom maps, other ways to win, maybe some sort of random victory condition, something. Even if the formula changes were more drastic, I don't think it would do anything to make fort battles more interesting.

DeletedUser34781

The few reflex based players means nothing for us as no dodge added. oh well. its testing so they may change based on feedback ,so all the colorado ffer's i hope give a good accurate account of what they think.

Harsha..

I agree with these changes - which reduce the importance of HP, even slightly. A player is mocked at if he/she has low HP, even if the points are heavily invested in other FF skills. This dependence of HP is not good for the game as it promotes too much simple-minded playing.

I hope this will lead to more measures which will reduce the importance of HP in FFs

jarograv

I disagree with the changes, duelers who were always at an advantage now dominate in fort battles due to the increased hit chance. As a tanky adventurer (with some points in dodge, hiding and stamina) I am completely useless in blocking sectors because I cant dodge anything and almost every round I get a crit that takes 1000-1100 of my hp, that means I can block for what? 1-2 rounds. Seems like Fortfighting is now just for the duelers and soldiers...

p.s.-I do like that FFs can end in shootouts now, but it just seems like defenders have a hard time since they are at an early disadvantage in the beginning when the attackers are able to do a ton of damage

DeletedUser

I know that everyone's build is somewhat different. However, based on some spread sheet calculations I've run using "typical" stock tank type builds (i.e no significant amount of purchased AP/SP and mostly distributed into Strength/HP), the typical lvl 120 tank is now 20% more likely to get hit (due to the aim/dodge changes). Add to that, he will now get hit somewhere between 2-10% harder (due to the damage change - not including the impacts to crits here).

In battles filled with mostly tanks (like Colorado), I suspect this will mean that the battles will not be lasting the full 55 rounds any longer since the tanks will die quicker. I do not know if this is a good or bad thing. But I do know this will likely eliminate the frustration of knowing that if you had just a few more rounds you could have killed them all.

DeletedUser18690

King of Spam, a Workers View

Looks like everybody's doing a good job covering most of the basics. I, an HP worker at level 120, veteran who has achieved pretty much any skill points for the past 4 years playing the game (162 AP, 407 SP total) and I haven't noticed any change so far for me except that I had a +15 dodge, +75 damage, and character bonus today and my stats after battle was worse than previous battles using no bonus.

This of may have mostly been due to our attackers being all buffed as well. I will continue to look to see what changes may effect me. Originally I planned on looking into doing the re-skill if there was a way Inno would provide some assistance. I'm seeing at this point, a re-skill for me as a worker, won't improve my FFing at all, especially since it will still take 300 - 500 UPBs to experiment. I would end up spending 600 - 1000 UPBs to re-skill back to where I'm at now just to run an experiment.

I personally am not willing to make such a sacrifice as a "beta" tester. Too much of an expense on my part. There must be a better enticement if Inno really wants me to experiment.

Lastly, I will point out and agree with Jarograv, this change seems to strengthen the duelers and weaken the advents. Advents are crucial for ground blocking and without them the attacking force will have a major advantage even on the ground vs. tower.

Workers will become even more worthless than they already are. I will see (after borrowing the Natty's set from a friend) along with a camel and my DOI and GG set where that puts me. That's the maximum bonus opps for a worker atm imo.

IMHO, It's tough to be a worker in fort battles, we're not the popular class... changes or no changes... tower or no tower... it's tough. But we will continue to fight cuz that's what we do. :laugh:

~The Spamminator

DeletedUser30224

In Arizona I counted high health adventurers in my alliance and am proud to say that we are the most numerous class after soldiers. I myself being one know the selflessness of being an advent. We were and still are the only class that receives the smallest personal rewards in the fort battle if not on your tower, and not even then. This new update seems like an attempt to make fort battles more interesting. but according to the formulas that I have seen implemented, not much will change. However I can only hope that you guys in Colorado are pleased with the changes and will let us know how to spec for other worlds :p

DeletedUser17612

On beta a new quest appeared, that enables you to receive back all skill points invested in Aim, Dodge, Stamina, HP, Hiding, Leadership.
After this, you can redistribute them in preferences with new formulas (if you want).
It was the same with dueling skills when they changed the system.

DeletedUser

It's difficult to conclude anything based on current Colorado battles, as the health balance between the two large alliances, Holes and TCB, is somewhat out of whack.

DeletedUser

I know that everyone's build is somewhat different. However, based on some spread sheet calculations I've run using "typical" stock tank type builds (i.e no significant amount of purchased AP/SP and mostly distributed into Strength/HP), the typical lvl 120 tank is now 20% more likely to get hit (due to the aim/dodge changes). Add to that, he will now get hit somewhere between 2-10% harder (due to the damage change - not including the impacts to crits here).

In battles filled with mostly tanks (like Colorado), I suspect this will mean that the battles will not be lasting the full 55 rounds any longer since the tanks will die quicker. I do not know if this is a good or bad thing. But I do know this will likely eliminate the frustration of knowing that if you had just a few more rounds you could have killed them all.

I agree with you Ruby and would like to add a little. This change should favor the attackers because when you have concentrated fire on WT like in big one yesterday, defender tanks drop faster while defenders cannot so easy concentrate fire on attacker blockers.