New Duelling Build?

DeletedUser

Hey,

I've done my best to search the forums for the best new dueling build, however I see nothing within the last 6 months to a year which addresses this topic. From everything I hear from the diehards it sounds as though it is broken and there is only one build... which begs the question, what is this build? As far as I can tell the ideal set up would be

Aim- 50%
Dodge- 50%
Dexterity- 100%

Does this sound about right? Would putting skill points into shooting be a waste?

Thanks,

O

DeletedUser34315

Yes, putting more skills into shooting would be a waste.
There's not much talk of builds anymore because there is really only 1 best build, which is what you've put (although some said 60 % dodge, 40% aim). I suppose it's not mentioned much on the forums because most towns have a couple of duelers who help anyone who asks for a build.

DeletedUser16628

It's not the only build that works as mine is different and to be honest I'm not giving it out.Back in the day it was a blast to discover new builds now there is much less to work with but way better gear and the different gear is most times the only difference in builds.

DeletedUser22685

50% aim and 50% dodge will give you far more aim than dodge due to dexterity. Keeping them even is the easiest option, but you need to take clothes and AP into account as well.

DeletedUser34315

50% aim and 50% dodge will give you far more aim than dodge due to dexterity. Keeping them even is the easiest option, but you need to take clothes and AP into account as well.
Apologies, that's what i meant-50 % aim, 50% dodge, with bonus and all skills accounted for.

DeletedUser

How would a melee dueler spend points? 50% dodge and 50% aim and all AP in Strength?

Ripwise

How would a melee dueler spend points? 50% dodge and 50% aim and all AP in Strength?

Going dodge melee was never good build, it is effective but to some point. Melee can go in different ways, resistance is one and also hibrid build like mobility/strength. I wont go into specific numbers because it all depends on gear but with TW-DB calculator you can play around with skills numbers and get interesting choices.

DeletedUser

Going dodge melee was never good build, it is effective but to some point. Melee can go in different ways, resistance is one and also hibrid build like mobility/strength. I wont go into specific numbers because it all depends on gear but with TW-DB calculator you can play around with skills numbers and get interesting choices.
So no charisma at all?
I went after a build I found here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=24744 and I have ended up with this
xX6EhOl.png

At least it's just $ 51K at the shaman :cool:

DeletedUser22685

That was written in 2009. Not only were those builds not very good to begin with, but they're entirely outdated in the new duel system.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that's nice, but as u gear up u sometimes just can't get tools with those skills only or sometimes u can, but with significant less total amount of added skills, for example, i can buy boots that adds 8 dodge or boots that adds 1 dexterity, 12 tactics and 12 shooting or keep playing with greenhorn shoes with 6 reflex and + 1 dexterity. Confusing moments of life :D

Last edited by a moderator: