New duel rules. Wth?

DeletedUser

Ok, I was on vacation for some time and came back to find that the new duel rule about duelling and how you were open for 45 mins after you had initiated a duel. Seems a good rule to me.

But tonight, after not duelling for over 24 hours, I left my town to go off and do some questing to make some cash to respec ... and got KO'd by a dueller. Seriously, wth? That seems absolutely mad and totally pathetic.

How is that fair in any way shape or form? I can understand if I had just duelled and then left town to try and hide, but that was not the case at all.

DeletedUser25632

you probably had a bounty on you.

This is probably the case, you had a bounty on you. If it wasn't from a player putting a Bounty on you then since you were on vacation for some time I'll assume you had the Advent Calender still and you opened some of the doors, which is considered early and not late since this is a new year and by doing so, will place a bounty on you.

DeletedUser

Hmm, okay. That probably explains it. So if a guy leaves a town and a new bounty is placed on them, they can still be duelled?

That seems extremely unfair. As a dueller, i leave towns when I want a break from duelling and just want to go and do some quests, make some cash - basically take a break from the constant need to be in the right gear and prepared all the time.

So now I have a player after me i am basically gonna have a constant bounty on me and never be able just to play the game in a relaxed manned? Well, that is enough to make the game unplayable for me. Shame.

DeletedUser

Hmm, okay. That probably explains it. So if a guy leaves a town and a new bounty is placed on them, they can still be duelled?

That seems extremely unfair. As a dueller, i leave towns when I want a break from duelling and just want to go and do some quests, make some cash - basically take a break from the constant need to be in the right gear and prepared all the time.

So now I have a player after me i am basically gonna have a constant bounty on me and never be able just to play the game in a relaxed manned? Well, that is enough to make the game unplayable for me. Shame.

don't worry, bounties can only be put on you if you belong to a town. If unclaimed, it stays with you even when you're townless, making you duelable. If you don't have a bounty on you when you leave a town, you'll never have to worry about a duel until you rejoin.

DeletedUser

Ah ok, that sounds better, thanks. I desperately need cash so was hoping to just work unmolested for a while.