Votes: 69 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30224

There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Proposal
Open up new crafting profession when reaching 650 Crafting Points.

Current Workaround
None. When reaching 650 cp there is no challenge regarding crafting anymore.

Details
When reaching 650 cp as for example being a Field Cook, there is not much left to do except make some buffs like Gentleman's Dinners for people. It would be nice if when that happens, a player can choose a second crafting profession when having 'mastered' the first one.
Current mastered tier would stay intact, and in this example the player can of course choose from either Tonic Peddler, Blacksmith or Saddle Master as his/her second tier. After choosing the other (two) will be closed of course.
When he or she would eventually master the second tier as well, and reach 650 again, he or she can choose from the last two professions etc. Eventually one can master all four crafting professions like that.

Abuse Prevention
No loopholes or abuse possible that I am aware of.

Visual Aids
No visual aids would be required I think. It would probably require an extra tab-page at the crafting page but I doubt a screenshot or picture is required for it.
Edit :
upmf.jpg

(In here for example Yellow could be 'mastered', green 'current', and grey the undone professions, just like the crafting itself. Just an example of how it could work)

1ec9.jpg

Summary
Opening up a second crafting profession after finishing one I think this has several benefits for players :
- After reaching level 650, crafters will still have a challenge on another profession;
- For the ones that made the 'wrong' choice they can go another way. Like true Fort Fighters that on second thought prefer to make FF buffs, they can become Blacksmith;
- People that have not been able to reach for example their 250 green recipes achievement, they get a chance to still get it (might be considered a loophole, but not to me tbh).
- Personally I don't see any cons.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No (well I could not find it, for all that is worth)

Respectfully,
Gryph

DeletedUser

Yes, even though both 650 ideas aren't ideal. Enough ideas submitted will show them we want something at 650, though AFAIK only one person is there on .net, Fafer. My highest is still only 646.

DeletedUser8269

Yes from me as well of course.
And I do need to correct you Elmyr, I have 650 cp as well so that makes at least 2 :)

DeletedUser35533

no from me .
crafting is unrewarding hell and I only leveled it up because i'm a completionist.
if anything needs multiclassing its the character classes , to make the exp relevant .

DeletedUser

if anything needs multiclassing its the character classes , to make the exp relevant .

Good idea, suggest it. It's been suggested before, but I think the game has changed enough that it merits further discussion.

DeletedUser36029

Just cause crafting is "unrewarding" to you DanteNightroad, doesn't mean it is to everyone else. You have the option of -not- crafting. Why say others should not have the possibility available to them if they desire it.

DeletedUser

we are atleast 3 at 650 then, I`m out of work atm on colorado.... :cool: yes here! :)

DeletedUser30224

The voting process for this idea has ended. Since the approval rating is above 80%, the idea will be sent to developers. Congratulations.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.