new chat feature

DeletedUser

Any way of turning it off? It's kind of conflicted with grease monkey scripts i use which are far more useful to me than the chat.

Ta.

DeletedUser

Not at the moment and it doesn't sound like there ever will be for town chat, just county chat (which is on Beta only).

DeletedUser

As there is a drop down box with your town name in (bottom right), i assume there will be a way to add other towns. But how? i can not find anything on the chat system. Even the help file has not been updated to include the chat system.

DeletedUser

it's ok now, reinstalled it and it works again. cheers.

and if anyone is interested it is the TW Buildings Shortcut Icons Script

DeletedUser

Plus, in case someone else doesn't realise, you can actually at least close the chat box which is nice. And in fact i'm sure it's a nice feature and looks well implimented, just prefer my buildings script, which i now have back again.

:)

DeletedUser

As there is a drop down box with your town name in (bottom right), i assume there will be a way to add other towns. But how? i can not find anything on the chat system. Even the help file has not been updated to include the chat system.

It's not for adding other towns, which will never be implemented. If you want an alliance chat, you still need to use an offsite chat or IM. The dropdown menu is just for switching between channels, e.g. the county and town chats available on Beta.

DeletedUser

Does the /hide command help? it makes the chat box disappear from view

not sure, but you can drag the little white arrows in the bottom centre right down and it neatly vanishes as if it wasn't there.

design of it is quite nice as it goes.

DeletedUser

I love it but I will like if you could Create Chat rooms with A password word so you can only allow people you want in it. Or even send them an invent to your chat room you made if you are the LEADER.

Plus you should be allowed to make it bigger when it is finshed!

DeletedUser

do we have a county chat ?all i can see is my town room>
"You have entered the room -Lick My Brain-."

DeletedUser11791

I appreciate the chat function but I have a few remarks and questions.
Right now it shows you logging on to the game (when you belong to a town) and I can see that you might not really want everyone to see when you log in and out. It would be a nice and privacy-wise a generally accepted feature that you decide when you want to enter a chat.
In a big town you get an endless list of people logging on and off, it might be easier on the eyes when the list on the right would show people in the order in which they log on.
And then only see the actual chat in the main window.
That said I love the new feature and I realize that as long as I play I keep coming back if only to see the new accomplishments of the team of developers of this game.
Many Thanks.

DeletedUser

I appreciate the chat function but I have a few remarks and questions.
Right now it shows you logging on to the game (when you belong to a town) and I can see that you might not really want everyone to see when you log in and out. It would be a nice and privacy-wise a generally accepted feature that you decide when you want to enter a chat.
In a big town you get an endless list of people logging on and off, it might be easier on the eyes when the list on the right would show people in the order in which they log on.
And then only see the actual chat in the main window.
That said I love the new feature and I realize that as long as I play I keep coming back if only to see the new accomplishments of the team of developers of this game.
Many Thanks.

That's already been brought up in Beta (I think I was the first. ;)) and I think the reason only town chat has been implemented so far is so they can fix the privacy issues with county chat.

DeletedUser11791

I do not understand your reply. Does the privacy issue not exist in town chat?

DeletedUser

I do not understand your reply. Does the privacy issue not exist in town chat?

I agree with zet's reply on this: you need to trust your townmates. Of course there is also the spying issue, which is the main reason we stopped being able to see their cash on hand, besides the fact that there was no logical reason for us to see it.

DeletedUser

i don't care for the chat at the moment. i cant seem to get my scroll on the chat to lock to the down position. therefore i have to constantly scroll down to see if anyone has typed anything. is there a way to get it to scroll so each new line of text is viewable?

DeletedUser

Works fine with my browser (firefox). I don't need to scroll down, unless I scroll up when I missed something.

DeletedUser

The only way I can scroll is by mouse wheel. I also don't get it, but I've never been able to expand the chat window. I can drag is smaller, but not bigger, unless I've already dragged it smaller, in which case I can drag it back to the original size.

DeletedUser

I can make it pretty big. I don't know how that works. Sometimes lets me make it bigger than other times. I am attaching a PS.

Attachments

• PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 9