New bond shop - what did you get in a box?

DeletedUser

3 steels - 2 crappy recipes, 1 fancy leather coat - not too impressed.

Does anyone here have experience of opening steels and (25 more bonds) Fancy chests ?? - I would be interested in the difference

I haven't had any luck with steels since the bond shop came. I haven't opened a huge number since then, but the only named item I've gotten is John Butterfield's or one of those low named belts, a couple chili recipes, and the rest normal items. No fancy, one unique (blue leather pants, good for catching crabs at least), one premium (from bonds. Cochise's leather pants. Great for a steel, kinda meh for a premium).

DeletedUser25892

I have opened probably close to 60-75 steels since the bond shop and probably 20-30 prior. I never received anything nice out of a steel previous. Since the new update, I have gotten things like jesse james, als, harmonicas, wyatts, youngers (3 extras), billys, and 2 rudolphs... Plus probably 15% of those have been 600 recipes and what not. The cool thing about steels is it is limited to fancy, precise, and rare items. This narrows the list in my mind pretty low. I would also suggest 8 steels vs 1 premium unless you are trying to get inno game belt, golden tomahawk, or howdah pistol of course :).

MM2099

DeletedUser

bought 2 steels got hucklberrys slingshot is this fair
2 fancy chest -grey jeans and fancy pistol belt

DeletedUser

I've brought 6 steels and got:
Ike's army revolver
Precise winchester
Fancy soft leg guards
Fancy cartridge belt
Huckleberrys slingshot
Fancy cartridge belt

DeletedUser

On .dk Buffalo Bill's soft leg guards, on Colorado Rudolf, Boone's axe and hot chilli, on Briscoe some 600 recipes.

DeletedUser22685

Bought three steels with bonds.

Precise percussion rifle, Al Swearengen's eagle belt, some high level field cook recipe that I can't even remember the name of.

DeletedUser

Canned beans maybe? :D

If $5k recipes dropped from steels as so many people like to claim, there wouldn't be 1215 chili recipes, which can only drop from steels, and only 156 canned beans recipes in TW-DB imported inventories. $5k recipes are job drops, $10k recipes are box drops.

DeletedUser25892

If $5k recipes dropped from steels as so many people like to claim, there wouldn't be 1215 chili recipes, which can only drop from steels, and only 156 canned beans recipes in TW-DB imported inventories. $5k recipes are job drops, $10k recipes are box drops.

I tend to agree with this statement, however, I have gotten my fair share of $3500 recipes (prepare rose water, gent dinner) from steels...

DeletedUser

I tend to agree with this statement, however, I have gotten my fair share of $3500 recipes (prepare rose water, gent dinner) from steels...

You also get them as random product drops on merchant and break up gangs. Boxes, like random products, drop from loot tables, not a random value and then a random item that fits the value.

DeletedUser

kinda forgot that you cant get a 5k recipe from a steel. well for non premiums reskilling for a recipe is quite crazy since the 5k drop limit doesnt come as easily to them as to premiums.