New Awesomia battles

Clever Hans

Why not just do as the playerbase have decided from the polls here on the forum.
1 battle each Saturday at Awesomia for all to join no matter what.

rewards for both sides (as the playerbase have decided) and make the battles between 20 - 22 server time.
Done deal, nothing big to think about.

+1

I thought it takes 2-3 clicks to set the rewards for all players that joined the Awesomia battle? Don´t need to do it manually for every single player...

RaiderTr

Yea but she is overthinking it and trying to make everyone happy :'P

Sure we can improve some things (Balance etc) but sadly pleasing everyone is basically impossible.

On a side note, there used to be Event Coordinator moderators..
Wish we had one now.

RaiderTr

If we disregard the obsolete formulas, reward mechanics and stuff, only real issue I see is Class Towers and lack of proper active Damagers (as they no longer land %90 of the hits :roll: )

Last edited:

RaiderTr

We've been writing "what's wrong with battles" for 2.5 years straight.

Nothing has been done until IFBC 3 fiasco where they could no longer cover up the mess.

The changes were however very limited and open to manipulation of Sets.
As we've seen for the last year.

FF leaderboard, where it is more geared toward tanks.
Where exactly is this?
Same battle number?

It isn't easy to out-point a Damager, I can assure you that.

magwai the akeoj

We've been writing "what's wrong with battles" for 2.5 years straight.

Where exactly is this?
Same battle number?

It isn't easy to out-point a Damager, I can assure you that.

I understand that it has been several years that there have been things discussed about what's wrong with battles, but it's a lot of information. I was hoping for a condensed list LOL

As far as the "leaderboard" (which is probably the wrong thing to call it) it's under the ranking. This always seems to rank dodges/damage taken over damage dealt.

RaiderTr

If you are after learning the details and stuff of Fort Battles, a private message/whisper can be better (assuming you read the Wiki already)

it's under the ranking
Yea I know.
By "where" I meant server. Sorry for confusion.

Damage doesn't have less effect than either afaik.

I had shared some images that show total Points per player of some battles and it's clear on those that, Damagers are in lead for the most part.
And it used to be even worse.

"Damage taken" isn't taken into consideration but "Hits taken" has a decent effect, maybe more than Dodges.
Which is actually wrong, because, to achieve highest, you should avoid Damagers that have higher Hit ratios and Damage.

Well, same goes for Dodges though.

I mean, if you won't Tank the Damagers, what's the point?

See where we're coming from?

Outdated measurements.
Calculations belong to many years ago and too many changes are possible even with a single Set.
condensed list
It's not so easy.
Pros and cons of each action.

But long story short, Power-creep made many things obsolete.
Formulas, reward mechanics etc.

Last edited:

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Are we talking of Character classes?
Well we tried that.. Didn't end well.

Same for "early" hours. Didn't end well.

Idk all the options on tools but;
You could, add craft requirements for both sides like Beta used to do. (i.e Saddlers & Cook vs Blacksmith & Tonic)

Better not overthink it though.
We just need more Attackers than Defenders somehow..

I like to have things planned in advance and preferably in schedule. That way it is easier to adjust when things need to change, but I have great confidence that we can find a method that can make as many people as possible rediscover the joy of the game ..... and yes we are still looking at the numbers for fort battles ;-)

RaiderTr

I like to have things planned in advance and preferably in schedule.
Not necessarily a bad thing but sometimes things don't go as planned and "perfection" isn't possible..

In that case..
As the saying goes;
Just
DO IT
:-D

It seems like you could use a "veteran" help though.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Not necessarily a bad thing but sometimes things don't go as planned and "perfection" isn't possible..

In that case..
As the saying goes;
Just
DO IT
:-D

It seems like you could use a "veteran" help though.

perfection is alway a goal :-D but not possible
errare humanum est sed in errore perseverare turpe est ;-)

Pankreas PorFavor

"Damage taken" isn't taken into consideration but "Hits taken" has a decent effect, maybe more than Dodges.

just for reference:
Score = (Total damage / 200) + (Total hits taken + total dodges) * adventurer's factor
The adventurer's factor = 1.75 for adventurers and 1.0 for all other classes

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
or you could experiment with the caps instead to generate data about the ATTACK:DEFENSE ratio that supports both sides turning out with an expectation the have a chance to win....