New Awesomia battles

DeletedUser15368

I believe the attendances will increase over time, to go from under-filled mediums to a full large defence is encouraging.

DeletedUser15368

And that, probably over-filled, defence had double the number of duellers, we can easily have good, viable large fort teams with a bit if organisation and attention.

DeletedUser15368

Maybe we will, especially with possible near-future migrations, maybe we wont, but 150 attackers is treating the symptom of broken battles, not treating the cause, and anything we try will not be perfect because of that.
(And the whole point of this was because we WERE over-filling large battles on colorado)

I've seen the beta world go from functionally dead 10v10 battles once a fortnight, to full large daily battles over the course of a year. It's completely possible. And colorado is starting from a better place.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
I can increase those as well or lower them, depending on what you all want. But at the moment only the big fort numbers have been changed.

C0OPeR

Well that is simply not my problem.
You players asked for Fort battles, i have given them to you.
awesomia battle once a week are good ATM but there is 2 problem :
1) ranking : there is nobody in defence or attack to rank people so first come first server ! if we have anybody to rank fighters , it will encorage fighters to be online and get rank to dont miss battle ( mostly defence ) more onliners means more fun ;)
2) people mostly like join defence so more or better prize in attack ( die or alive at battle finish ) will force players join attack to have more better balance battles atm ... it can change in later when the attacker numbers increase

maybe first one are in hand of inno to do some coding about it
but secound one are in your hand ;)

Pankreas PorFavor

check the number of players we usually have on attack side - take that number and make that the maximum on defense. now everyone else needs to join the attack if they want to get in ;)
the problem is, numbers are different on each world and the settings may need to change after a while, hopefully, if more people start joining battles.

DeletedUser34084

13cec72ff575eb8bf489da24f73e8400.gif

Pankreas PorFavor

Well we can't win any Attack for almost a year now so it only makes sense to increase the Attacker numbers since Inno doesn't do any changes..

it wasn't really a joke in my previous post - you can increase the number of allowed attackers as much as you like if nobody signs in, you need to reduce the number of defenders. if the battle can fit 200 people (for example 100vs100), but only 100 sign in, you know you'll have 70 on defense and 30 attackers can just wait to get blown to pieces. to give a chance to the attackers one would need to decrease the number of their opponents. people will only stop joining defense in Awesomia when they get left out, and right now everyone who shows up gets in (in most worlds, at least).

RaiderTr

Who is talking of Awesomeme?
Are you even following?

And no you can't lower the defense numbers when a medium/small fort already overfills.

Pankreas PorFavor

Who is talking of Awesomeme?
Are you even following?

"New Awesomia battles" is the topic, isn't it? are you following? :D
you're talking about balancing the regular FFs by changing the numbers of defenders/attackers? ok, even then it doesn't work for most worlds because you can increase the number of allowed attackers to 1000 if you want when they can't even fill a defense. if you want to talk about what to do in CO only, I guess that belongs to a different topic.

And no you can't lower the defense numbers when a medium/small fort already overfills.

and no, that's not what I suggested, not even remotely.

if I really have to spell everything, then I'll do it so we can start fresh ;)
for Awesomia battles, if we want to have some kind of balance and equal odds of winning for both sides, in most worlds that have a low number of FFers and struggle to fill the battle even during the events, I suggest to lower the number of defenders (before the battle, of course). it can be done by checking the history and seeing how many players even join these battles. for example, if in World XYZ we today have 60 def vs. 40 att on average, try limiting the number of defenders to 45, attackers to 65 and announce that. this way players could check if a side is already full (we've seen that already, players asking in Saloon chat which side to join) and go to the other side.
adjust the numbers if needed after a few battles.
different worlds with different level of activity will need different numbers.
I think it's less damage if a few people don't get in a couple of times, than the status quo where CM dug battles are just a slaughterhouse that is over in 10 rounds.