New Awesomia battles

Oddersfield

Not sure what the point is there. You want to have these ffs on Friday's to suit people who don't want to be on-line for them. in the first place, while denying the opportunity for those who would like to be there.

Why do all NPC ffs have to be in the time slot all the time anyway? There has just been a whole event's worth of them basically from 8 pm to 11 pm server time. Why can't a few (not all or most, just a few) be outside that range to cater to non-European based players?

Also, why don't you convert one or two of he worlds being targeted for closure to a "geographic-based" one that caters for non-European markets - and allow people to migrate there? Then you could 're-define 'prime' time there. If European players wanted to play as well (because of working night-shifts or whatever), they could join also. Just a thought.

RaiderTr

For a Tombola Event max numbers is the aim and Awesomia happens to be a Big Fort.
Hence those hours (20-23) , which also brought max number of non-Euro, were picked for years.

Outside Events.. I mean I don't see why would anyone want a quarter filled (at best) Awesomia "battle" but it wouldn't hurt anyone I guess
Also, why don't you convert one or two of he worlds being targeted for closure to a "geographic-based" one that caters for non-European markets - and allow people to migrate there? Then you could 're-define 'prime' time there.
There should have been an American server already.
All these years nothing.

Wonder if the new CM can make a difference there.

Last edited:

Oddersfield

23:00 hrs server time is 5 pm east coast and 2 pm west coast. Anybody who is working regular hours here isn't likely to be home in it. The earliest I am home is midnight server time. Also, I would think most people in North America, but not working, are doing other things in their afternoon.

Personally, I have pretty well given up doing any ff that I cannot be on-line for these days as I am so fed-up with this prime time only nonsense and 5 to 8 hr dig intervals the players 'agree' on in most worlds. When I can (i.e. where such an agreement isn't in place0, I will dig at times that suit me and a lot of North American based players on my team, provided it is a reasonable period after the prior ff. Sure catch some flak from the opposition but that is life I guess.

DeletedUser15368

23:00 hrs server time is 5 pm east coast and 2 pm west coast.
and it's 11pm for Brits, midnight for Germans, 1am for Turks, like 8 in the morning for Aussies, for example. These hours are just as "unfriendly" to Europeans, Asians, Africans and Aussies/Kiwis, as they are to our North or South American friends.

"Prime time" is a compromise, it doesn't really suit anyone specifically, but it does happen to be when we get the maximum number of players, and online players at that, together for a battle. Of course everyone sympathises with players who happen to live somewhere that doesn't match up with when the majority of the playerbase is available, and I've found most players want to be accommodating where possible.

Sadly, having a Large Awesomia battle at 4am is not going to lead to a decent quality battle, so maybe we need a back-end mechanic to change the size of the GM fort to be appropriate to the individual world and the size of their playerbase.

It makes no sense that North America and Europe and Oceania are all sharing the same PvP worlds and using the one timezone to try to work everything out without scheduling conflicts. A North American timezone world would be nice, I reckon there's enough NA players to support that, plus off-primes for the Aussies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philopoimen

There it is again the prime time discussion. I agree there should be one prime time battle every day. But in the end its all theoretical, because when you don't have enough FF leaders its up to the few around when they want to dig. And if you constantly push the few around to dig prime time you end up having no one digging.

DeletedUser15368

There it is again the prime time discussion.

We're discussing when is the best time to hold event battles.

If you can think of a better way to describe when the highest number of players are available at one time, I'll start using that term instead.

because when you don't have enough FF leaders its up to the few around when they want to dig
Absolutely, in the absence of either a schedule or willing "prime" leaders, then battles happen when those willing to lead them want them to happen. It has to go both ways though, has to be suitable for the leader of both sides, or else we have low quality, pointless battles, and all that does is drive our most precious resource away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
There it is again the prime time discussion. I agree there should be one prime time battle every day. But in the end its all theoretical, because when you don't have enough FF leaders its up to the few around when they want to dig. And if you constantly push the few around to dig prime time you end up having no one digging.

This is the man who digs 9:00 AM server time on a saturday and expects everybody to wake up early on a sunday for his 'prime time'. :up:

NovaStar

Yet, even with the low attendance, some of those have been some of the best. They are becoming more and more "balanced" by way of numbers on each side and HP also...good example is the last one.

This one went all the way to the end, extremely close, with no idea which side would actually win at all until that last round.

vs. this one during "prime time"

Easy slaughter. This has become the norm during "prime time" but it should not be. Yet, its mentioned about driving our most precious resource away if it is NOT like this vs. the once a week GOOD battle?

To be honest, I am asleep during most of the early Saturday morning ones, myself, BUT...he also does not try to dig these every day. Only once a week which is more than fair. IF you restrict ALL battles 7 days a week to ONLY "Prime Time" battles, granted that is when MOST people CAN be there (actively online, while juggling 2-3 battles in multiple worlds all at the same time), but how many total percentage-wise cannot, whethor they are in an earlier time zone or later one? How many never get to attend battles at all during that so-called prime time? Taking the point in case of available battle leaders, both sides do not always have available battle leaders during prime time lately either, tbh.

There is one player in particular that was constantly saying "NO DIGGING DURING THE OFF PRIME!" or tried to reason that it's called Prime Time because battles should NEVER be dug outside of Prime Time.

Oh, and by the way...are you aware that all worlds have occasional off prime time battles? Even Colorado with its "Strict FF rules?" Almost daily even (and not always being dug by the "problem ones" that were reported, but regular ones, almost daily VERY early like 6am-9am). It's not like Phil's battles are multi's or anything...there is ample time between battles when he digs from the previous one or upcoming one either one.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Yet, even with the low attendance, some of those have been some of the best. They are becoming more and more "balanced" by way of numbers on each side and HP also...good example is the last one.

https://www.westforts.com/en22/battles/battle/46634 This one went all the way to the end, extremely close, with no idea which side would actually win at all until that last round.

vs. this one during "prime time"

https://www.westforts.com/en22/battles/battle/46604 Easy slaughter. This has become the norm during "prime time" but it should not be. Yet, its mentioned about driving our most precious resource away if it is NOT like this vs. the once a week GOOD battle?

wow those numbers are... maybe not what you should be advertising about your world...
But yeah surely scheduled GM battles will help a lot with attendance and recruitment opportunities.

There is one player in particular that was constantly saying "NO DIGGING DURING THE OFF PRIME!" or tried to reason that it's called Prime Time because battles should NEVER be dug outside of Prime Time.

Anyone saying "no digging outside of prime time, at all" is just as much a njub as someone who digs a large fort for 30 players, in my opinion, and their view on such matters should be discarded in the nearest recycling receptacle.

Oh, and by the way...are you aware that all worlds have occasional off prime time battles? Even Colorado with its "Strict FF rules?" Almost daily even (and not always being dug by the "problem ones" that were reported, but regular ones, almost daily VERY early like 6am-9am). It's not like Phil's battles are multi's or anything...there is ample time between battles when he digs from the previous one or upcoming one either one.

And yes, I think everyone knows Colorado has bigger morning battles than your prime battles, because Colorado has a big enough player-base to support additional battles at non-optimal times.

Taking the point in case of available battle leaders, both sides do not always have available battle leaders during prime time lately either, tbh.
100% agree, this is why we need to consolidate, and get the few leaders as we have left together to cover each other, for all the time-zones, for the benefit of the entire player-base. (and this is also, unfortunately, why Sultan's couldn't provide an opposition on Idaho for American-time battles, I'm sure you remember the long conversations we had about that.)

Kidd Kalypso

Then consolidate......merge it all into two or three worlds and be done. Keep w15 as a non premi, and whichever flavor of the month as the other one.
Of course this is just my idea, and as it will not toss any bucks into the inno coffers it will not happen....but, for forting, dueling, etc that is really the only option that is viable with the limited playerbase, etc.

Oddersfield

I hate to ask the obvious question but ....

Why is there so much interest in the times of possible NPC ffs every 2 weeks for relatively little reward? This strikes me as akin to re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. Surely there are far more important things that need to be resolved first.

Regarding Awesomia battles, I highly dislike the inability for topics, ranks, clear battle leaders, imbalance of sides (especially if winners or a specific side get more rewards). I don't join Awesomia unless it's event related, or if I'm online and bored. Honestly, it's not worth it and I don't want it to be worth it because then it just turns into Fort Fighting Tombolas. (special gear, special money, special rewards)

If Awesomia battles are supposed to spark some life into dead servers, this can be better accomplished by combining worlds, not having an unorganized fort battle every 2 weeks.

Thanatoss

I see some people complain about balance in awesomnia ff.
My suggestion is develop an AI app that Balance each side before the start of battle based on their total ff skill points (and weapon dmg).

RaiderTr

They can't even fix the balance issues of Classes, Play styles etc and now we want an AI?

They didn't even make a mobile app for this specific game of theirs.

it would be nice to have a randomized joining, meaning you don't pick a side, you just click 'join' and it will assign attack or defend. the next person will be the opposite, or maybe it randomizes within 5 chars, so AADDA or DADAA, just to at least have the sides have similar numbers. obviously that's just signing, not everyone will show, but it's better than 50d and 5a.

it can't be based on gear/skills because i don't join the battle in my fort gear, and the gear would depend if i'm attacking or defending.

Last edited:

Philopoimen

This is the man who digs 9:00 AM server time on a saturday and expects everybody to wake up early on a sunday for his 'prime time'. :up:
When I dig a fort, set topic, rank and lead its my time and efford, so I dig at a time of my conveniance. I don't expect anyone to come, but I find it outragous that people, who rarely or never dig a fort, demand of me I have to dig prime time. If you want a 'prime time' battle go and dig one yourself.

NovaStar

it would be nice to have a randomized joining, meaning you don't pick a side, you just click 'join' and it will assign attack or defend. the next person will be the opposite, or maybe it randomizes within 5 chars, so AADDA or DADAA, just to at least have the sides have similar numbers. obviously that's just signing, not everyone will show, but it's better than 50d and 5a.

it can't be based on gear/skills because i don't join the battle in my fort gear, and the gear would depend if i'm attacking or defending.

Sounds good...and it sure beats having 40 vs. 29 battles and blaming tower bonuses and gear for all the imbalance. While the tower bonuses and gear do play a part in the end result of battles (defense always winning, or whatever), it's hard to get a REAL picture of the problem and how to "fix it" with numbers like that.

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
When I dig a fort, set topic, rank and lead its my time and efford, so I dig at a time of my conveniance. I don't expect anyone to come, but I find it outragous that people, who rarely or never dig a fort, demand of me I have to dig prime time. If you want a 'prime time' battle go and dig one yourself.

Makes you really wonder why 98% of Idaho has quit huh? Discourse has always been useless since everybody does whatever they want anyway. Bless your heart!