New Awesomia battles

Beefmeister

with the risk of annoying around half the players playing this game, which is always my intention..

i think adventurer is actually one of the stronger classes if played correctly. it's obviously not shining in the individual playing batch (it won't bring you glory for dodges, damage, hits taken, etc), and it definitely needs a rework on the pvm side of things...but i mean, which class doesn't? adventurer class isn't the only class that has outdated bonuses.

in the last meta, adventurers were the most important class in both defense and attack. :-D Less in the current meta but it's still a hugely important class and it will make the difference in the key moments in battles - moments which are very rare nowadays. but did you actually notice that advents are the difference makers most of the time, in those key moments?

it's all relative though...lots of factors come into play - but i would always choose a prem experienced advent over a non-prem soldier, sometimes even prem, supposedly both having the same gear.

would i play adventurer? probably not, i am a competitive guy. although i do have one advent in my roster...and it's still sorta enjoyable to play for me. i just didn't choose the right world.

i'm just tired of people slating this class, just don't pick it if you don't like it.

Lyrinx.

If you have the "right" gear and enough nuggets, any character class can do anything they want to do :D AND reach top of rankings, as well ...
Yeah, and that's why you can buy almost everything (except union officer) in the game, because if you want to be stronger than the average, you can be. Otherwise, you will be weaker. That's the game's politics for years.

But still I dont understand the parallel between speaking about 1 guy in a public forum and tryna roast him because he's strong, and the question of class rework.

Ps: It's the second time when you speaks about something else, than the current thread's topic. So please, for the love of god, make a "That's why I hate this guy" thread if you wanna talk about him. Thank you.

Last edited:

NovaStar

Well, u can "Cancel" battles too :'P

If anything, you make Official Forums active again :-D
Hated the dead silence of years :hmf:

At the VERY least, perhaps delay the battle until after the EVENT since fireworks ARE still an issue for a lot of people...that ability is there, as well...

NovaStar

There are only 2 worlds that have recently had people left out of battles... Colorado and Kansas.

While this crazy idea is... Crazy.. lol I do appreciate the effort of trying something new. But most worlds need MORE players, not less! :'P

The easiest thing to do... Just give the rewards to anyone who is AT the fort when it starts, if they do not get in because it is overfull, and put in a ticket to report it. That's what has happened in past Event battles... It seems like the easiest solution. Just add the stuff to their Inventory. Done. :cooln:

Has anyone looked at our attendance in the last few battles of Awesomia BEFORE this event without fireworks?

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/new-kind-of-fort-fights.60480/ (by the way, no fireworks for this although the event is still ongoing)
This trial came about because Colorado (and Kansas?) sometimes overfill in their battles, so you want to find a way to "reduce" attendance for them by splitting the character classes up.

Do we have this problem in other worlds? Why don't you trial it in just those worlds that have this issue?

The last 4 Awesomia battles (in Idaho) before the event (no fireworks) the attendance looks like:

3 vs. 15 (July 9)
7 vs. 14 (July 2)
2 vs. 20 (May 24)
9 vs. 16 (May 15)

and now you are suggesting to split those numbers up? We may have low numbers overall in regular battles, but they beat those numbers for sure.

Please, don't misunderstand me here. I DO appreciate the efforts you are giving to try to improve game play for everyone, but this one in particular doesn't seem to be the way (going by others' comments here, as well). Awesomia in general does not gather many numbers anyway unless there is a GOOD reward for them.

RaiderTr

Well, now no battle in Colorado than Awesomeme one which we non-Dueler/Adventurers can't join.
Even if there was, Rewards would be lower due to divided player base.

Glad he gave the 9k fireworks from the previous Awesomia :-D

Dubjean

I appreciate the attempt at trying different things. The only way to find out what options the CM has is to play around with the available options and get our opinions. If they fail then at least it's much better than not trying anything or not listening to us. Thanks!

vampyr

Nova, how can you complain about low attendance to awesomia fights, when you have dug a fort that is 20 minutes after awesomia, and is now even further splitting the playerbase that might have went to awesomia.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
As always, thank you all for the feedback, I read everything there is about this.

But as many of you say, yes, it seems to only be a problem on 2 worlds.
But to be fair for all, i will of course make 1 battle more, for the other 2 classes, so no one miss out.

But would you rather only have Awesomia battles doing events ?
If so, this could come out to better / bigger rewards. When it is only doing those times.

And i would love to ask for new / other rewards to give out, than buffs.

RaiderTr

would you rather only have Awesomia battles during events ?
I mean, if you count Click clack events like Harvest etc too, sure then.

Despite our feedback they don't add Event currency/drops to PvP features like how they are in Tombolas and u have to spam 15 seconds jobs to get them.

So if you can manage that somehow..
Be great.

Outside events they aren't great since not competitive.
However if u somehow can integrate cool rewards (like Chests) to "Normal Battles" (aka non-Awesomia) that would be terrific.

Last edited:

NovaStar

As always, thank you all for the feedback, I read everything there is about this.

But as many of you say, yes, it seems to only be a problem on 2 worlds.
But to be fair for all, i will of course make 1 battle more, for the other 2 classes, so no one miss out.

If so, this could come out to better / bigger rewards. When it is only doing those times.

And i would love to ask for new / other rewards to give out, than buffs.

Of course, we would rather you provide Awesomia only during events. Bigger/Better rewards during events is the only time we can get people to attend Awesomia. Because a lot of people do not read this forum or notices, those that did sign up for Awesomia today could still be expecting those extra fireworks yet they will not be getting them, as you say.

The issue of people being turned away during battle only occurred on 2 worlds and ONLY during the event (1 world only on defense side, not both)...the rest of the time, they did not fill either. The issue started with a desire to get everyone into battles during events so they could all receive the reward. As stated previously, they used to only have to send a ticket to receive them... easy and done.

Beefmeister

i think everyone would agree that if the prizes are worth it, one battle a week would be great. but buffs don't justify giving up on a prime time battle, in a fixed environment that doesn't know how to deal with surprises. rewards would have to be very good.

@Hr.Nyborg why don't you try bringing back reward chests for all the fort fights? or boosting the general prizes, instead of focusing on awesomia battles. maybe leave those awesomia battles only for events. or just see how other communities are doing stuff and which one is the happiest

canufeelit

A soldier/worker battle is pretty pointless as a handful of defender tanks on the flag would be impossible for attackers to beat. You need damagers.

And there has been a number of events in EN over the years. A good one was the mods v rest of the world fort battles. As I understand it a number of very experienced mods left under your predecessor, knowledge that is hard to replace.

I would suggest a fort battle working group in a hidden forum, i can give you names.

DeletedUser15368

Perhaps it depends on the individual world, Colorado and Kansas can obviously run themselves with a large player-base, the rest, I am unsure about, and might really benefit from a weekly Awesomia battle with an Awesomia Chest as reward - and then bigger rewards during events (when more players are more active, and the chance to have the best quality of battle is there).

RaiderTr

I would suggest a for battle working group in a hidden forum, i can give you names.
To be fair, CM needs fo learn more about Battles and how people prefers them, too.

But we can give names too, if he wants :-D

Which is why we invite him to play in one of the active Servers.

Perhaps it depends on the individual world, Colorado and Kansas can obviously run themselves with a large player-base, the rest, I am unsure about, and might really benefit from a weekly Awesomia battle with an Awesomia Chest as reward - and then bigger rewards during events (when more players are more active, and the chance to
Or we can leave the final decision to future by starting "Events only" first.

If anything, we have many.

Last edited:

NovaStar

I definitely would have had your poll and this discussion prior to having dug a 2 character class only battle still during the event...

I still think at the VERY least that Awesomia battle should've been postponed just another 2 days until after the event if you want a "test" . Keep in mind the majority of people do not read this forum, announcements or anything, so many will still be expecting the 9k fireworks they have been getting during this event...

NovaStar

maybe not just one, Roland...lol, but there are certainly a few worlds that could close (don't forget, in a few months it will be time they normally would open an "L World"... geez I hope not...)