New avatar generator based game items

• Thread starter DeletedUser25173
  • Start date

DeletedUser25173

This is my first idea so please go easy on me!
I have looked quite a lot on this forum but never have come to see something like it (I may as well have skipped it).

Proposal:
I propose of creating a different item equipped screen that can be used as avatar too.
Also this screen would be the user profile too!

Current Workaround:
Current avatar system and current equipped items screens (own and others).
Details:
The player to be shown dressing the equipped items.
Pistol, stone, knife or machete in on hand, product in another, rifle on his back and the horse in background. The rest is easily understood!

Visual Aids
Indian.png Attached.
My player dressing the Indian set and the golden set with a Quarter Horse

Administration:
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No (At least I didn't find)

Attachments

• Indian.png
    Indian.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

Well, since there are exactly 1034652353562 item combinations, I "think" the poor guy at the innogames office making this script would feel a little urge to choke on his coffee.

Its still a valid idea. I just think the chance of getting it into the game is something like 0,007. Or 0,006.. Not sure..
But, by all means, feel free to try.

DeletedUser25173

Well, sorry but you didn't got the point of my idea!
Like the actual avatar the full images should not be already generated.
They just need to fit the spot. We need an image for each item in the game that can be equipped. Practically they would be PNG layers on top of each other!
By this i mean for example that every hat in the game should have a specific image (like they have now big, small, etc) that would fit to the avatars head. Since the head of the avatar is generated to be at some place only a few items need to be redesigned.
The same for pants, belts, rifles, guns etc. For guns and products the image will feature the hand holding them!
The developers understand this and it can be done easily!
Don't want to go technical but can do it if required!

DeletedUser34315

A-nice work on the indian.png.
B- This looks very, very nice, and reading what you are saying, i think it'ssomewhat easy to code.

DeletedUser22493

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the idea itself. If it was a easy thing to add, it would be much easier to send off.

DeletedUser

I think I'll pass a 'no' on this one, it'd be way too much for the devs to handle, then again...it might be a good repayment for 2.0...:)

DeletedUser25173

I think I'll pass a 'no' on this one, it'd be way too much for the devs to handle, then again...it might be a good repayment for 2.0...:)

You're passing a 'no' because the devs can't handle it or because you don't like the idea?!!
I think the devs can handle it using PNG layers. They would still display the same number of images on profile page but just those images will be placed on top of each other.

DeletedUser

It's not complicated, but every single image would need a new image. It's been suggested several times and I still think it's too much effort for too little gain. Most people will look at the new avatar once, say cool, and never pay attention to it again. Then there's the fact that gear is worn for bonus, not fashion. If you have a large collection of gear you'll often be wearing very unattractive combinations. People with smaller collections will all be wearing almost identical job gear (gentleman's), dueling gear, and fort gear. I don't even know how some products would be handled. A big block of granite? A board? Indian treasure? Despite the fact that people have no reason to equip most products, they would still need a new image in the event that someone did equip them.

DeletedUser25173

Thank you for the constructive questions!
I did not meant the screen as the avatar but mainly as inventory.
It is true that gameplay wont be affected but having a nicer and better looking inventory that the actual with things around dresses can be thought of!
Yes for every single item that can be equipped an image must be created.
You have point on big objects well those can be handled to be staying on near the guy on the floor where he is staying! While smaller objects can be kept in hand.
It can be done and should be done, it would give a fresher look of the inventory page!

DeletedUser

Thank you for the constructive questions!
I did not meant the screen as the avatar but mainly as inventory.
It is true that gameplay wont be affected but having a nicer and better looking inventory that the actual with things around dresses can be thought of!
Yes for every single item that can be equipped an image must be created.
You have point on big objects well those can be handled to be staying on near the guy on the floor where he is staying! While smaller objects can be kept in hand.
It can be done and should be done, it would give a fresher look of the inventory page!

But would anyone really care? I wouldn't. I repeat 'no'.

DeletedUser

Sorry but I don't see the point of this at all.
The devs would be better spending their time on something useful, like mending the duel system they've screwed up.

DeletedUser25173

Well you all threw this out of the window but you all forgot one thing!
The yellow point of yourself in the map was changed in 2.0 by a guy who walks or rides a horse depending on what he is using!
What I'm pointing here is not something needed for new features but to give the gane that western look!

DeletedUser

Well you all threw this out of the window but you all forgot one thing!
The yellow point of yourself in the map was changed in 2.0 by a guy who walks or rides a horse depending on what he is using!
What I'm pointing here is not something needed for new features but to give the gane that western look!

Right, because an avatar of a player dressed in an indian headress, a collector's coat, wielding a pillow and teddy bear whilst riding a camel is completely 'Western'...

DeletedUser30417

It would be cool if certain owned rare items (Golden Tomahawk, Howdah's pistol etcetera) could be added to your avatar.

DeletedUser

It would be cool if certain owned rare items (Golden Tomahawk, Howdah's pistol etcetera) could be added to your avatar.

It would make it even less likely to be implemented if only 1% of players could use it.