Need help about dueling

DeletedUser13388

Hi guys,

Some of you may know me, most probably dont.
I was active player in w1,w7,w8,w10,w11,w12, Arizona and Briscoe. I was a dueller, but also have quite of experience in fort battles.But that was 4-5 years ago. I am going to start play this game again and i am looking for some old friends and of course i am here to find new one and to have fun together :)

Back to the point.

I am a little bit outdated, so where can i find info about how duelling works now ? I mean what is the ratio :

vigor vs toughness
shooting
vs reflex
appearance vs tactics
aiming
vs dodging

Or is there any known formulas to examine this. If you have some knowledge, please share it, i would be grateful :)

Regards,
DraGonFlyBG
(DF)

asdf124

update on it would be 1/3'rd or so of reflex is added to total toughness resisting vigor.

same with toughness with shooting.

(Pretty sure the exact number was never given.)

DeletedUser22685

Some of us definitely remember you, particularly those of us who frequently came up against you in duels :p

Anyway, you'll be pleased to hear that in late 2015 the formula was tweaked again to be more or less similar to the original one from before the update in 2011 (the infamous update that made aim and dodge the only useful skills for a non-resistance dueller). That is, appearance and tactics are back to being worthwhile. Resistance was also altered a little so that the secondary skill gives somewhere between 0.25 and 0.5 bonus when facing the opposite weapon style. Around 1/3 like asdf said is somewhat accurate.

Of course exact numbers have never been given, and there aren't exactly the magnitude of duellers around these days to test these things and come up with accurate estimates like there used to be. I personally haven't duelled in years and haven't studied the new formula at all, but this Devblog post contains all the officially provided info regarding the most recent formula update. The Wiki page should also be updated to reflect the current system.

Hopefully someone who's been more active than me recently can give you some decent answers, but if you treat aim/dodge/appearance/tactics more or less like the original 2008-2011 formula and resistance similar to the 2011-2015 formula, you shouldn't go too far wrong.

DeletedUser13388

Hi futu, nice to see you again :)

Ok, thanks guys, seems nothing much has changed about dueling since i left the game.

Thanks both of you. See ya around and hope we will get some fun together :)

Regards, DF.