Native American clothes and 'hats'

Red Falcon

Okay, so when are we putting this up for vote? And sorry if I haven't been posting much on these forums lately...

DeletedUser

It doesn't need to be put to vote... the developers will look at it and just add it as is... it doesn't inbalance anything, just an addition-- but it's also not that important. Like there is leather vests- brown is +5 vigor, +7 reflex, and +8 dodging.

With all these updates including a whole new array of weapons-- wincester rifle, blunderbuss, breech-loaders, crossbow, express rifle-- I don't see the urgent need to implement this.

But the idea itself isn't bad.

Red Falcon

Well, that's good. At least we've discussed it. And those weapons sound good! I can't wait until they're implemented.

DeletedUser

this game is great

creat a breechclout that goes over back of belt under the leggs and out and over the front of the belt for men and women:indian:

Deleted User - 1278415

Lets see you dug this one up from a long time ago... Mar 1st 2009... geez I didnt even know the Indian set was debated on and came to light. Gee dreams do come true.

But your idea of "breechclout" is pants/belt etc.

Why dont you wait on presenting this idea after they implement pants further down the road.. If they dont include breechclout then we suggest it when pants are allowed, but right now no pants ideas.

DeletedUser

I'm wishing there were more Indian clothing and apparel as well. I'm a Catawba living in Kentucky, and it would be nice to see other options for Indian wear. Some ideas of my own.

Maybe have several tribe-oriented sets, each appealing to different classes mayhaps? Have several feather types, such as Lesser Feather, Feather, and Greater Feather, and attaching different bonuses for different types.

Such as Crow Greater Feather, with a cost of $6000-$7000, Attribute bonuses of +2 to Strength and Mobility, +3 to Dexterity, and +4 to Charisma. Skill bonuses of +8 Stamina, +7 to Hiding, +9 Leadership, +6 Appearance, and +7 to Reflex, maybe -5 or -6 Trading.

Have the same cost and different bonuses for say, a Cheyenne Greater Feather, or an Iroquois Greater Feather. Same principle for other items.

Maybe I should post this in a new thread, but I personally think it would be nice to have more class avatar options. Indians for all classes! It would be sweet to have an all-indian town.

Deleted User - 1278415

How about some great Indian chief named weapons/items.

I'd like to see an Indian spear weapon introduced for a ranged weapon.
That way we have the melee tomahawk and a ranged Indian weapon.

I alway hear Allans pepperbox or Grants Saber. We have Tashunka's Tomahawk. Do you have any ideas for any great Indian war leaders we could use for future Indian named weapons? I ask since you probably know the history better than I could google. :)

DeletedUser

Sitting Bull & Crazy Horse instantly come to mind & then there is the always obvious Geronimo.

oh never mind , I didn't know Crazy Horses real name apparently.

Red Falcon

Adding to the Indian Set...

Hello all! Here is a great idea about adding a few items to complete the Indian Set. These items would give this set a few additional bonuses.

These items could be:

1: A Sharp Tomahawk
2: A Precise Bow
3: A Peace Pipe

A screenshot from photobucket is provided for this idea below:

FullIndianSet-1.jpg

This full set could provide the following bonuses:

* 12 Animal Instinct
* 90 Labor Points towards Hunting Grizzly Bears
* 12 Setting Traps
* 80 Labor Points towards Hunting Wolves
* 12 Swimming
* 70 Labor Points towards Hunting Buffalo
* 12 Hiding
* 60 Labor Points towards Hunt Coyotes
* 12 Mobility
* 50 Labor Points towards Beaver Hunt
* 9 Charisma
* 40 Labor Points towards Hunting Turkey
* 90% Speed

Any comments are welcome, so long as they are not degrading. Does this make a good example of a "Complete Indian Set"? Or are the example bonuses provided above giving too much for this set?

I would like to thank the person who created the Full Sleepy Set credit for helping me come up with the idea for the Complete Indian Set.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I would definitely agree with this idea being I have those items already. The set is good as it is already, but this could certainly help.

Deleted User - 1278415

merged threads of Indian set here. Please continue to discuss Indian set additions.

After a good week of discussion we will consider a vote on adding new additional items to the set.

As I said above I'd like to see a ranged weapon for the Indian such as a spear.

Also when listing each item I'd like to see the stats for each item then add another items to see how stats would improve by adding a 2nd or 3rd item to the existing items.

Red Falcon

A spear?

merged threads of Indian set here. Please continue to discuss Indian set additions.

After a good week of discussion we will consider a vote on adding new additional items to the set.

As I said above I'd like to see a ranged weapon for the Indian such as a spear.

Also when listing each item I'd like to see the stats for each item then add another items to see how stats would improve by adding a 2nd or 3rd item to the existing items.

Hmm...A spear, you say? Now this sounds like it would make an interesting weapon! But why have you suggested a spear? Were spears used by Native Americans as weapons? If so, then I was not aware of this. I would have thought my ancestors would have used spears for fishing and hunting rather than using them as weapons. Furthermore, it should be noted that Native Americans also used clubs for rituals as well as weapons. Though a spear can easily be a weapon. And yes, I know there is already a weapon titled "Club" in The West, but to be quite honest, it looks more like a baseball bat than an actual club or mace.

Deleted User - 1278415

The reason i thought of a spear is so it could be a ranged weapon. Right now the only Indian type weapon we have is the melee hand weapon Tomahawk.

If you get a real roleplaying character who wants to be faithful to carrying only Indian garb weapons it would be nice to have them have a thrown weapon.

And before you say it yes the Tomahawk could have been a thrown firearm weapon but the game already has it set up as a melee weapon.... we need a firearm for the Indian is my thought.

And if you look at the artwork here you will see that they dipicted some of the Indians in battle with spears. Some were for fishing, some were for buffalo and several for battle.

Red Falcon

This sounds like a smashing idea. And another example of a ranged weapon could be a throwing axe. As it is, we already have throwing knives as one of the Dueler Class Weapons. Does this sound good?

DeletedUser

natives were mostly using range weapons to hunt pray. spear would be a good idea.
Axe can be good too, but i don;t think natives used lot of Axes as range weapons since they had spears for stabbing if target is shot in range or use bow for long range. axe would be more of hand weapon as vigor weapon to them.

Deleted User - 1278415

I know the Apache Indians were very accurate with the Throwing Axes... History channel did a special Apache Indian vs Roman Gladiator.

So now we have a spear weapon... we need visual aid and stats for this new ranged weapon... and then skill bonus stats for adding another piece to the Indian Set.

DeletedUser

ok here is something not best but is something.
<i did not made it is work of someone. i just edit it so the spear is has sharp looking>

follow the attachment to see it.

Attachments

• thewestspear.jpg
    thewestspear.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8

DeletedUser

Isnt there already indian clothing...

Indian Feather Hat
Mocassins
Precise Bow, Tomahak
Mustand
Indian Clothing(shirt)
Point is i think there is plenty indian items

Red Falcon

Isnt there already indian clothing...

Indian Feather Hat
Mocassins
Precise Bow, Tomahak
Mustand
Indian Clothing(shirt)
Point is i think there is plenty indian items

I am not saying we need more Indian Items. In fact, my initial suggestion was to expand upon the current Indian Set, using some of the already existing items to form a set which takes advantage of every paper doll slot, like was suggested with the Sleepy Set. And if you look at the picture I provided with my initial post for this idea, you shall see what I mean.