Name The Movie From the Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Thought of a new game, not sure if it will take off, but here are the rules of play:

1) The cluegiver lists two actors from a movie (they must be two main characters, not supporting cast), and you have to guess what movie they are thinking of based on them.

2) Try and stick to mainstream movies, not many people are going to know a lot of actors from the majority of unknown indie films and such, and NO cartoons/voiceovers. We want the game to have some flow, and we want to prevent people from searching the internet. The point of the game is not to stump people so you can stay the cluegiver. :p (The cluegiver is allowed to use IMDB or whatever to confirm answers of multiple guesses). Multiple guesses in one post are allowed for guessing sequels or trilogies, movies you know they were in...guesses that contain the word 'or' won't count for point, as someone could list ten random movies from one actor's career and expect to get a point. Sorry.

3) First person to guess correctly (without searching the internet) gets a point. Any other correct guesses (but different movies named, obviously) also get points. Points are awarded before the next clue is given only. Cluegiver should keep the score tallied as we go. First person to 10 points gets to give the clues for the next round. It is possible to earn extra points from one clue, if the actors have been lead parts in another movie together. Guessers can put more than one movie in one post if they want to snag more possible. Here is an example of play:

Cluegiver: John Travolta & Samuel L. Jackson

Panache: Pulp Fiction!

Cluegiver: Panache - 1 pt... Next clue is: Shia LeBouf & Megan Fox

Panache: Transformers!

ocelot77: And Transformers 2!

Cluegiver: Panache - 2 pts, ocelot77 - 1 pt...Next clue...

And so on, until 10 pts is reached...sound like something people want to play?

First clue:

Brad Pitt & Edward Norton

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fight Club, duh. :p

Err...I'm not supposed to give the next one? I think it would work better with the typical answerer gives the next question format, but it's your game.

DeletedUser

Fight Club, duh. :p

Err...I'm not supposed to give the next one? I think it would work better with the typical answerer gives the next question format, but it's your game.

I'm just trying to bring back a 'game' kind of feel to this one...it gives people a chance to guess on movies, especially if there are more than one guess. 'Word Games' and 'Movie Quotes' feel like just repetitive fast posting, not really game-like. And while this is about posting first to some degree, there's not a sense of urgency on it, I don't think. It can be a game that people could check on once in a while, instead of every few minutes. Kind of like 'GO!' There can be some chat in this thread about the movies guessed and stuff, without getting too technical...why not? ;)

Elmyr - 1

Brad Pitt & Julia Roberts (no I don't have a 'thing' for Brad Pitt, haha)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Elmyr - 1
Denisero - 1

I would have also awarded extra points for 'The Mexican' and 'Ocean's 12'.

Jennifer Aniston & Jim Carrey

DeletedUser

Bruce Almighty

I was going to say The Mexican, but Dee beat me to it.

DeletedUser

Multiple guesses are definitely allowed! That's half the point of the game! :D Did you see my examples? lol

Elmyr - 2
Denisero - 1

Matthew McConaughey & Kate Hudson

DeletedUser

Elmyr - 2
Denisero - 1
Sk8terMan - 1
ocelot77 - 1

Alrihgt, here's an easy one... Sam Neill and Laura Dern.

DeletedUser

Can we multi guess in one post?

Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III

DeletedUser

Can we multi guess in one post?

Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III

Yes, you can multi-guess...while Laura Dern did appear in JP 3, her character wasn't a lead in that one... ;) I'm tricksy.

Elmyr - 3
Denisero - 1
Sk8terMan - 1
ocelot77 - 1

Jeff Goldblum & Geena Davis (ocelot's FAVE actress ;) haha)

DeletedUser

Yes, you can multi-guess...while Laura Dern did appear in JP 3, her character wasn't a lead in that one... ;) I'm tricksy.

Elmyr - 3
Denisero - 1
Sk8terMan - 1
ocelot77 - 1

Jeff Goldblum & Geena Davis (ocelot's FAVE actress ;) haha)

Ha ha siiiiick.....

The Fly

DeletedUser

Well, I don't see why they should be disallowed...if I said Keanu Reeve and Carrie-Ann Moss, someone could snag 3 pts in one post. Good for them! If they're too quick and just post 'Matrix', and someone else posts 'Matrix', 'Matrix reloaded' and 'matrix revolutions', then it's the first poster's mistake. 1 point for them for guessing 'Matrix' first, 2 pts for the 2nd person for Reloaded/Revolutions...part of the 'Oh snap, i forgot' factor...lol adds a bit of challenge, nay? I say it's up to the discretion of the cluegiver, since you're giving more points out quicker...

Status
Not open for further replies.