Votes: 42 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 80 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30224

There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Proposal
Well my idea is for the fort fight multi's to be stopped and to do this maybe the devs can add it such a way that only one fight can be dug every 6-8 hours. Multis are a world fort fighting killer and nobody enjoys it.
EDIT added idea to help this idea was to increase the cost of digging a fight along with possible change to times... one or both as both have merit to stop them.prices should be left the devs as they have a better idea of world cash balances but imo around 100k would be ideal as would allow townies to add to town treasuries once again.

Current Workaround
I'm sure everyone has had to deal with these god forsaken tactics used by less talented alliances to try sneaky ways to win than common ways.there nothing you can do to properly defend against and see where numbers are going. Most players cannot check all day , they log in and want to know where real fights are not a guessing game.

Details
the idea id like to see if a time limit on the fort fighting screen or something that will show players who wish to dig a fight how long until they can next dig a fight that can be dug. i mean we all would like at least one fight per day, some worlds might like 2-3 so a 6-8 hour turn around seems pretty fair for all involved to refill health and travel times etc.
EDIT increase the cost for digging a fight.. not to0 hard to implement

Abuse Prevention
i cant see any, please post if you do.

Visual Aids
none as its mainly conceptual and to be honest it wouldnt take much to implement this in backround code.

Summary
I'd like to get feedback on whether player on all worlds would support this idea or is it really only a world 12 problem having to deal with multis as they kill of the fun in fort fighting ,well whats left in the fun since it its fading faster than snow in summer!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

Who is to decide which battle isn't a multi, if you can dig only one battle every 6-8 hours you can abuse this and keep your rival alliance permanently defending.

Anyway i don't like this. Too limiting and prone to abuse...

DeletedUser34781

if its the same towns doing it..the timer increases like timer to rejoin a town after leaving it

DeletedUser

if its the same towns doing it..the timer increases like timer to rejoin a town after leaving it

And what if there are 5 towns from same alliance cooperating to keep rival alliance from attacking?

DeletedUser34781

dig before they do :) it might have add additional spice to try dig down to the second before your "enemy" does... like a market auction. if towns try to constantly attack the timer count down would add little fun to digging

DeletedUser

dig before they do :) it might have add additional spice to try dig down to the second before your "enemy" does... like a market auction. if towns try to constantly attack the timer count down would add little fun to digging

So if there are 3 or more alliances we could realisticly get into situation where no one except two alliances get to do fort fights. Or one person town could dig a fort just to get on someones nerves.

DeletedUser

I wound up voting against it. I don't usually vote against ideas that don't concern me and either vote for them or abstain, but I'm sick of rules and regulations. We face more and more of them irl an we don't need more here. Multis have been around as long as fort battles and they never ruined any world. They just screw them up for a while.

DeletedUser

I wound up voting against it. I don't usually vote against ideas that don't concern me and either vote for them or abstain, but I'm sick of rules and regulations. We face more and more of them irl an we don't need more here. Multis have been around as long as fort battles and they never ruined any world. They just screw them up for a while.

For once i completely agree with you...

DeletedUser34781

So if there are 3 or more alliances we could realisticly get into situation where no one except two alliances get to do fort fights. Or one person town could dig a fort just to get on someones nerves.

howd you figure that?
people from 1 man towns already do this. and as for 2 alliances thats the norm on most worlds with maybe a 3rd smaller alliance.

DeletedUser

howd you figure that?
people from 1 man towns already do this.

So basicly we're fixing nothing, now they can call a fort that will be ignored, but with your proposal they can completely block forts for 8 hours, or for days if they are well organized.

and as for 2 alliances thats the norm on most worlds with maybe a 3rd smaller alliance.

I simply don't like this, it can be abused extremely easy and it limits fort fighting in many ways...

DeletedUser34781

not in my opinion..west players dont like change thats obvious

DeletedUser16008

Nothing really to do with change just one worlds problem not a server one, Sorry diss voted no.

DeletedUser34781

red rep for all :p ah i still think making it more expensive to dig a fight is a good idea. no biggy to me its losing votes not the end of the world

DeletedUser

Thx for red rep, btw, its not a fort fighting dream world, its a common sense...

DeletedUser30224

I'll Green rep Diss for finding out that he's living in the neighborhood, never noticed that before.

And for trying of course :)

DeletedUser34781

yup another paddy..we are everywhere..

least the idea has near enough split opinions.. and no i dont advertise it :)

DeletedUser

Abuse Prevention

How about I dig a new battle every 6 hours and keep the entire rest of the world from engaging in any real battles? This would be abused just because it could.
The vote is definitely progressing properly.

DeletedUser

It is too abusable, but, I do like the idea of making it more expensive to dig. This would reduce a lot of the 1-man town attacks. I think there are also many attacks where people press the button because it is there... to see what it does. It could be a good idea to put a small yes/no pop up screen asking if they really want to attack the fort or not.

DeletedUser34781

finally someone who see some sense.. more expensive digging can only be a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.