Rejected Multi Hunter of the month

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14006

My idea would be to reward folk who take it about themselves to identify and oust those mofo's that take it upon themselves to create multiple accounts.

This is a big problem that spans across all worlds and it needs the help of all players involved playing this game, not just the moderators who try their very best to control it.

Recently I have reported a few suspected players across two worlds and I have realised that the mods are all too eager to get rid of these people but they do not really have the time to hunt them all down.

With your help we could do our bit to get rid of these fools!

A recent response to a report I filed:

243lw6x.jpg

If the mods can find out first hand who is cheating they can deal with it themselves, but more often the capabilities to ban folk are usually executed after they are reported, therefore I think we should look at ourselves as the front line of the attack and therefore should be rewarded for our natural hunting abilities.

The idea is for people to take a keen interest into spotting out those idiots that try to scam the game by creating multi accounts and for the most vigil to be rewarded on a monthly basis:

The rewards would be the following medal:

multihuntermedal.jpg

The above could be altered to make it more viable if it is not perfect, but you get the general idea.

Maybe it could be done on a point system - a medal for a certain number of reporting points, but a loss of points for every false accusation?
+1 points for each "true" cheater filed through a support ticket.
-2 points for each legitimate player reported in a support ticket.
The number of points required for this medal would be an unknown amount set by the developers.

A player who regularly abuses the support system will be banned as under the current rules.

Bring on the positive views & criticisms ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't like it. To give 20 nuggets to the "top hunter" whatever that means, is a bit much. To give nuggets out in general is iffy. Nuggets are already given out for various competitions. Plus, who knows what kind of chaos would erupt from this idea. Players everywhere will just start reporting random people and drive the mods nuts! Helping to rid this game of cheater shouldn't be a competition between players.

DeletedUser

Wont this lead to abuse, a player might create multi's on a different connection just so they can report them to get free nuggets....

DeletedUser

I think that simple medal would suffice. Maybe just replace the nuggets you mentioned with new medals?

DeletedUser14006

I don't like it. To give 20 nuggets to the "top hunter" whatever that means, is a bit much. To give nuggets out in general is iffy. Nuggets are already given out for various competitions. Plus, who knows what kind of chaos would erupt from this idea. Players everywhere will just start reporting random people and drive the mods nuts! Helping to rid this game of cheater shouldn't be a competition between players.

Then change the reward to something less profitable but still meaningful, lets say a medal.

As far as players abusing this, I do see a problem here but I could always apply to become an ingame mod as per the topic posted for this, the only reason I have not applied so far is because I am lazy, but if this idea is given some serious consideration I would put myself forward to answer to these reports.

I completely understand the points put forward so far, but something needs to be done one way or the other because at the end of the day this problem is not being addressed at the moment, this is not because the people responsible at the moment are not doing a good job because they are, they are doing a great job within the capabilities available to them, but this needs to be taken to the next step because after more than a year of the games release there are still folk joining up daily creating multi accounts and this is ruininig the game for many, whether they realise it or not.

DeletedUser

Hmm, I don't know...

Maybe a medal, "Multihunter" or something would be ok, find a multi, hand them in, get a medal, simple.
Nuggets? I don't think that would happen, there are Multihunters looking for cheats (i think) they're probably volunteers (i think) why give nuggets when you are already paying people to do it OR they are doing it for free?

As for MH of the month, I don't think so.
How would it be judged?
What are the chances of finding more than one set of multi accounts in one month, and if you did you would have to be really looking for them. If you enjoy :unsure: looking for multi's become a mod.

Or it could be just left as it is, if you find a Multi hand them in, receive thanks from the mod and that be the end of it.

Diggo11

I think that simple medal would suffice. Maybe just replace the nuggets you mentioned with new medals?
I like the idea, and some good points have been put forward here. A medal would be good once you report a certain amount multis. It would be a nice token of appreciation but not something people would try and abuse the system for.

multihuntermedal.jpg

DeletedUser

I think game-mods will have ten times as much work as today, people will start reporting every suspicious player they can find...

DeletedUser14006

And why should game mods not have ten times as much work?

If for every ten reports only one is a multi then that is still a job well done, not a misuse of a mods time, at the end of the day there should be a system in place to stop this kind of crime, in RL would you say there should not be a better system put in place to catch criminals if the existing one allows them to get away with it?

Hell no! As I said before, this is not a dig at the mods who are currently taking care of the problem, they are doing a great job within their means, but this is not to say we cannot improve and expand on this procedure.

I for one would gladly accept a position as a 'fishnet hunter' to capture all the vermin that deceive the other 99% of the regular rule obiding players.

The point of this topic is to find an alternative approach, one that does not necessarily result in an addition to the already assigned mods, but merely one that supports them in their daily tasks to elimimate these cheaters, and if that means there should be some sort of reward put in place to encourage and improve the current situation, how can that be a bad thing?

DeletedUser

I think I've reported more multis than anybody. People wouldn't even have to cheat to abuse it. People would report everyone on the slightest bit of evidence (omg, both of their names start with consonants!) and the IG mods would be completely overwhelmed with frivolous reports. It wouldn't be ten times as much work, it would be 100 times as much work, if not 1000.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I mean if it's just like one medal if you report about 5 then I'm sure that once everyone who wants to get the medal reports that much they probably will stop and hardly ever report multis again.

DeletedUser1105

Hmm, I can see both sides here. It would definately increase the workload of in-game mods.

But I have to say that it's better to have 100 tickets and find 10 multi's, than to have 10 tickets and find 1. Of course, those are made up stats but the reasoning is that you will most likely find more geniune multies. The price would be having to deal with extra 'non-multi' tickets.

However if the level of tickets was high, and maintained so, then surely extra in-game mods could be recruited to do this role? I know it's a little more complicated than getting a mod for the forum, with the access it gives - but it's an option.

And yeah, I'd be against nuggets as a reward just for the simple fact of how easy that would be to abuse.

DeletedUser

then your going to have people randomly putting down names hoping to find mutis

not to put down your item der ;)

DeletedUser1105

then your going to have people randomly putting down names hoping to find mutis

That is entirely possible. But you will be punished for abusing the report system. That's already in place now. Anyone who spammed the reports with names trying to earn themselves a medal would be spotted (there is a record of all tickets submitted by each person so it would be very clear) and punished accordingly.

DeletedUser14006

Then only report folk who you have reason to suspect, over two worlds I have reported quite a few people over the last week, about 80-90% have been guilty, as long as you have a reason to go along with your accusation there should not be a problem.

Deleted User - 819397

I'm sorry, but this is abusable...if everyone were honest, I wouldn't have a problem...but people would definitely report people for horrible reasons. Derek...you obviously trust people more than I do...;)

DeletedUser

How do you know if someone is using multiple accounts on the same world?

Noobmic

The idea is good, but I don't know how advanced are tracking scripts from the-west. I was multiHunter in other game (I will not post the name, but that game it was the game of the year 2006 if I remember correctly).
And there the multiHunter process was very good, meaning:
- the multihunter will have all gold (nuggets) so he could activate all premium bonuses for each month;
- in each world it ware between 3 and 5 multiHunters;
- multiHunter account cannot be used to play the game, the account is on the map only to receive messages (telegrams);
- each multiHunter had an account in admin area where he had access to tracking statistics (I will not post here what contained those stats, but there ware very good and you can bust multi's)
- for that game it was something like this each multiHunter had to reply on player messages and to check x players, so if that world had 5000 accounts and there ware 3 multiHunters each multiHunter needed to check allmost 1600 acounts, and every two weeks multiHunters swithed players, so if in the first 2 weeks MH1 checked players from rank 1 to tank 1600 in the next two weeks he will check from rank 3200 to 4800 ...

But for this to work properly the-west should have a good tracking system, with auto-suggestions and more things that I cannot say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.