Multi Digs?

RaiderTr

So we have someone (typical annoying troll) in Idaho that digs a Fort after other within 10-15 mins almost every day.
And we told by Support that they can't/won't do anything against it.

Thankfully not much people supports his trollness but he took about 3-4 Forts with that lame "tactic" and it's annoying nonetheless.
(Of course he claims to not doing this for Forts but keeping them all the same)

So tell me, what do we do??
Well, Nothing, according to (one Mod of) Support.

(Please don't tell me that we can take them later! That's only increasing the number of useless, waste of time "battles")

Last edited:

Poker Alice

I was happy to see someone posting here about an issue with multi digs. I've seen some discussion on it but am unable to understand what the issue is? My only interest is to have a little knowledge on the subject and not take sides on the issue.

If this player takes forts because members are not able to respond quickly enough what stops other members who are annoyed from the action forming together to take the fort back more quickly than usual by force? I also read many users are interested in fort fighting and want lots of it. Though I can understand these kinds of grizzly tactics could be annoying there could be a response to them? I know you wrote not to discuss that opinion but fail to see what "useless waste of time" actually means. Online games in general are a way people can waste time for one reason or another. ;)

Thanks in advance for any explanation you wish to give as I lack experience in the fort ownership parts of the game.

RaiderTr

Online games in general are a way people can waste time for one reason or another.
Yea I will give you that, but we do it for Fun (& stay away from Real life stress and stuff) and I'd rather play the game properly.

What I mean with "useless waste of time battles" is;
https://www.westforts.com/en22/battles (the Sleepy Hollow ones)

So there is no proper fight, no challenge, no rewards, just waste of time & resources (buffs and all)
Since the person (aka troll) doesn't belong to a proper FF'ing Alliance, or allied with one.

And no, he doesn't care.
He just claims to do it for Bonds (not for Forts), as if we lack battles.

Poker Alice

Thanks I appreciate you explaining this to me. From the link sleepy hollow town started on 01/11/2020 independently with battles of one a day and sometimes two in a day but at different forts.
What you would like to see as a solution are limits to how many attacks (digs) any town could do? Is that correct.

Without a change in the game setup I suppose the only solution is in the battle arrangement? If sleepy hollow town doesn't have others joining in the battle (I will assume the ones joining that town are other independent towns or other alliances) then sleep hollow would simply not be able to conquer. The question is however can communication be established with those other towns so as to unite to defend attacks from sleepy hollow?

Can I assume this action would be or not be playing this social game properly?

DeletedUser15368

We tried the human cooperation route as it is the time tested way of dealing with someone trying to ruin your fort battle scene. Unfortunately theres a small alliance leader there who feeds the troll at any opportunity, so they're able to grab multi forts while we're having the real battle with the other fort alliance.

The troll digs effect us in multiple ways. There may be confusion over which is the "real" battle, possibly sending valuable but inexperienced fighters to the wrong fort. There's also the effect on older players that see 2-4 battles in the fort overview within an hour of each other and they simply lose interest at that point, because clearly this world currently has a major problem that we've all had to deal with before. We have such fragile attendances on Idaho that the multitroll might be having a real effect on our battle numbers growth. And then there's the relatively small effort of taking the fort back to get them into proper rotation for competitive battles. It's just extra crap to deal with.

The community manager could make it so that it becomes too expensive to dig a multi battle, by increasing the cost of battles dug within a certain time of the last one. We did this on Beta to cut out trolls while we were testing formula changes. The downside is that the troll could dig first and potentially ruin prime time for the entire game world, so I have no idea what the solution short of the staff telling him to stop the troll multi battles, seemed like at one point Da Twista (previous community manager) came close to making this the policy.

we do have a problem when this is done excessively just to annoy those whom own those forts. Understand, not every town in a world belongs to an alliance, some of these players also wish to participate in fort battles, then land up at empty ones.
If a player is found abusing the fort battle feature and strategies, you will be removed from the world.

At what point does it become abusive @kuro90? If digging a multi battle every single day within 30 minutes of the last battle isn't abusive then I guess there's not any way to abuse the fort system in your eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

Yea I will give you that, but we do it for Fun (& stay away from Real life stress and stuff) and I'd rather play the game properly.

What I mean with "useless waste of time battles" is;
https://www.westforts.com/en22/battles (the Sleepy Hollow ones)

So there is no proper fight, no challenge, no rewards, just waste of time & resources (buffs and all)
Since the person (aka troll) doesn't belong to a proper FF'ing Alliance, or allied with one.

And no, he doesn't care.
He just claims to do it for Bonds (not for Forts), as if we lack battles.
If he was to do it for bonds, he should have done it for hour-1.5 hours gap each fort fight. That way he could prolong it till round 50. What a class A njub you are dueling with.

DeletedUser15368

My hypothesis about these people is always that they are doing it for attention, their mummy never loved them so they try to get people to notice them by ruining their fun on a silly cowboy loot box simulator.

It's just a shame that in this case, someone on Idaho gave this troll the attention he so clearly craved, got a high off of that rush of winning a multi battle, and so kept doing it. Every. Fecking, Day.

Poker Alice

I'm not that interested in the fort scene as I see too much hostility coming out of them. I don't mean in-game fun stuff but real hostility between players. I was only interested in why the social issues are occurring. This has helped explain some of the reasons.

RaiderTr

Oh we did (see the OP) but the Mod read the report says there must be more than 2-3 etc multi within same hour for them to do anything.

Idk if it's possible to reach out to another Moderator (or CM for that matter) than that one.

Nisa

You can always ask for another opinion but from The West forts stats I see he started digging on 11th january , so 3 weeks ago and 3 times he dug 2 battles same day, on 13. , 14 and 23 January. It is more of annoying action than real trouble. At this stage we can only send him a warning but still no real punishment. But yes , feel free to contact support again.

RaiderTr

I don't think it's only 3 times. He almost dug every day, but of course not all were within 15-20 mins.

As dig days, addition to yours;
19th (13 mins) , 22th (35 mins, still can't make it to both) , 25th (dont have its dig reports but a Mod could see the dig times) , 28th (ok lets say he "didn't see" as 3 mins!) , 29th (11 mins) and yesterday's (on the ss, 14 mins) etc

Last edited:

DeletedUser25847

I don't think it's only 3 times. He almost dug every day, but of course not all were within 15-20 mins.

As dig days, addition to yours;
19th (13 mins) , 22th (35 mins) , 25th (dont have its dig reports so I can't say dig times but a Mod could see) , 28th (ok lets say he "didn't see" as 3 mins!) , 29th (11 mins) and yesterday's (on the ss, 14 mins) etc

You of all people should not be expecting accurate or consistent information from the mods

Harsha..

someone needs to import the battles to west forts and I don't think all multi digs will be imported, so it is not an accurate source of information..

We've had problems with multis in Colorado - a certain individual all the mods know well dug a dozen battles a day at her peak. She sent death threats to various players, among other things, was banned seemingly permanently, but for unknown reasons the new CM, when he took charge decided to unban her.

In other cases, players get punished nilly-willy for using "mild" profanity words, even in a positive context.

To my view, this is representative of a very serious flaw in how ingame support operates. The overriding principle is to run "by the book" to the letter, the mods are bound to operate by the rules as they are laid out. There is a need to change that approach, to go by a system that allows support to broadly interpret things and make judgement calls, as each and every situation is unique, and humans have a very characteristic ability to find loopholes to exploit. In RL and in this game, rules might make sense at one point in time when they were written, but as we move forward, they aren't applicable to the new times anymore. In this case, any rational person can look at the situation - a player not from any major alliance digging multis - and understand that what this player is doing is harmful, even though the "book" says it's not.

RaiderTr

^ In addition to that..
There aren't (clear) rules for things like this.. Hence some Mods (or one of them at least) say they "can't do anything"

But of course there is a downside to what you said as well..
Abuse of power..

Interpreting things (be it intentional or not) negatively is one of the "best" things humans do anyway..