Movies!!

• Thread starter Thomas Franklin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This is more or less the Movies version of the Books thread. Just list movies you liked here.

I, Robot

DeletedUser

Well, if you liked that movie, that basicly confirms all our suspicions on your lack of intellect.

DeletedUser

Well, it probably wasn't his image. Personally, I found the plot interesting, action entertaining, and acting decent.

DeletedUser

Well, it probably wasn't his image. Personally, I found the plot interesting, action entertaining, and acting decent.

Plot was boring.
Action was atrociously boring, and I can't even remember the quality of the acting, if any.

What probably ticked me off the most though, is how the whole film is littered with product placement. It isn't even subtle, nor plot-related.

DeletedUser

Product placement was atrocious. I found the plot interesting (the Three Laws, robot evolution, so on) but they did a poor job of combining them with the actual events. I liked the action because of the robots (how they fought).

DeletedUser13682

Nothing to do with the story, but some parts were interesting, but I would not see it again. A better movie is Spaceballs!

DeletedUser

Never seen it it, but it sounds funny (I know the plot).

Here's another one: Knowing

(spoiler alert)
Plot: Interesting. The plot in the beginning is just predicting future disasters, but then it turns into a plot centered around Judgement Day. I think its interesting.
Action: Virtually none, other than a scene with a train crash (the main characters on the train).
Acting: A bit poor. I didn't like Nicholas Cage's character.

DeletedUser

I liked him in National Treasure and National Treasure 2, but I don't think he does well in other movies.

DeletedUser13682

His best movie was Lord of War, that role was suited for him.

DeletedUser

The Rock
Gone in 60 seconds
Con Air
Wild at Heart

Should I go on younglings?

DeletedUser

Never seen it it, but it sounds funny (I know the plot).

Here's another one: Knowing

(spoiler alert)
Plot: Interesting. The plot in the beginning is just predicting future disasters, but then it turns into a plot centered around Judgement Day. I think its interesting.
Action: Virtually none, other than a scene with a train crash (the main characters on the train).
Acting: A bit poor. I didn't like Nicholas Cage's character.
just so you know the train crash was everything but realistic
1.the switch could not fail like that
2. if the switch had failed like that it would have applied that train brakes stoping it pretty quickly or at least slowing it by 40-50 mph
3. the train was going way over the speed limit (my guess is it was going 80-90 mph to do that amount of damage, when the speed limit would be about <50mph)
4. if it hit that cement column in the tunnel it would have stopped it dead on
5. Ifthe train did crash and hit the stations columns the station would have caved in killing everyone

but other than that the movie was cool and you should see it has alot of action

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I did figure the train was unrealistic, you occasionally have subway crashes in New York but they're almost never like that.

DeletedUser618

Knowing - Besides asking you to suspend your belief in physics, bad acting, inane conspiracy theories, whispering aliens and a total waste of time, you could see a worse movie. how about Next or his Bangkok Dangerous?

Last edited by a moderator: