Mortican / duelers

DeletedUser

ok this mostly goes out to duelers but also to builders

to duelers are you more likely to not join a town till theres a mortician ?

to the builders if you have no duelers do you not build one till u get some or do you build some to atract duelers to join your town ?

DeletedUser

I would join a town even before the mortician is made, then when I joined ask the builder too build it for me so I could duel.

DeletedUser

Well, it's rather self-explanatory I should think. The odds are that more duelers will be more willing to join your town if they see a good opportunity for warring and big-time local shopping. What do you need for this then? Obviously, you need a mortician, great workers, and high potential for you to draw in duelers from the standard pool of recruits each world generally offers.

For workers, same thing. They'll generally want to build in towns which offer great potential for them to receive exp., large amounts of donations in the treasury, and protection from outside towns' duelers and soldiers. This calls for retaliatory duelers (and soldiers), as well as fellow adventurers to bring in the cash.

I actually really like this thread now because it's somewhat a question of economics. The real question is, does a dueler join a town because he/she sees fellow duelers, adventurers, and workers to help the town prosper all-around? Or does he/she tend to join a town all-out attack with limited adventurers and more attack-orientated workers.

Same questions can be asked of workers. Will they, on the whole, want to join a town with a lot of workers and adventurers in it already? And will they see all-out attacking towns (like The Dump) as unattractive?

I'd say that no matter what route a town founder chooses to go, successful towns are based off of a core group of players that start the town as well as a very high level of communication skills through recruiting to nab all the players you can who are interested in your town's specific orientation. You must appear to have good infrastructure (ie: forums, chat, etc) and keep your members active and around by actually having such things. It's less of a question of what buildings you have, but what potential assets your town can bring to the world as well as advertisement that can attract players to join your town.

DeletedUser

Well, it's rather self-explanatory I should think. The odds are that more duelers will be more willing to join your town if they see a good opportunity for warring and big-time local shopping. What do you need for this then? Obviously, you need a mortician, great workers, and high potential for you to draw in duelers from the standard pool of recruits each world generally offers.

For workers, same thing. They'll generally want to build in towns which offer great potential for them to receive exp., large amounts of donations in the treasury, and protection from outside towns' duelers and soldiers. This calls for retaliatory duelers (and soldiers), as well as fellow adventurers to bring in the cash.

I actually really like this thread now because it's somewhat a question of economics. The real question is, does a dueler join a town because he/she sees fellow duelers, adventurers, and workers to help the town prosper all-around? Or does he/she tend to join a town all-out attack with limited adventurers and more attack-orientated workers.

Same questions can be asked of workers. Will they, on the whole, want to join a town with a lot of workers and adventurers in it already? And will they see all-out attacking towns (like The Dump) as unattractive?

I'd say that no matter what route a town founder chooses to go, successful towns are based off of a core group of players that start the town as well as a very high level of communication skills through recruiting to nab all the players you can who are interested in your town's specific orientation. You must appear to have good infrastructure (ie: forums, chat, etc) and keep your members active and around by actually having such things. It's less of a question of what buildings you have, but what potential assets your town can bring to the world as well as advertisement that can attract players to join your town.

You like to write :) :)