More fort questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Not true.
What about all the folks that do not have the required skills and no money to respec?

As I posted already, initially it looked like the plan was to use different skilled players in different areas. That would have given everybody a chance.

And as I said earlier, this idea didn't make it to 1.20 but will come later.

And nobody really needs to respec for fort battles, the best skillpoint-to-bonus-ratio is up to 23 skillpoints and most builds have that or can easily gain it with equipment.

DeletedUser

You are just upset because your town made up of all duelers will not find it so easy to take/hold a fort. I get that. I assumed all those pure fighter towns would rule forts right away. It does suck that fighters have to decide what to do now. Ranged fighters that went with toughness/reflex are really sort of screwed at the moment while pure Hiders will probably have it easiest for forts with a little more Health and Aim thrown into their character.

Edit: Jack can you go into depth on this some more or link me to where it already is. I've tried to keep up on the fort threads but don't recall anything like this being posted before.
And nobody really needs to respec for fort battles, the best skillpoint-to-bonus-ratio is up to 23 skillpoints and most builds have that or can easily gain it with equipment.
23 skill points? Where did that come from.

DeletedUser

I know that you can't prevent someone from entering a battle by KO'ing them, but can you duel someone right before a fort battle, so that their health points are lowered once the fort battle starts?

DeletedUser

help said:
Skill bonuses

• +1 bonus with one point and up
  • +2 bonus with 3 points and up
  • +3 bonus with 10 points and up
  • +4 bonus with 23 points and up
  • +5 bonus with 43 points and up
  • +6 bonus with 71 points and up
  • +7 bonus with 108 points and up
  • +8 bonus with 155 points and up
  • +9 bonus with 211 points and up
you get a +4 bonus for 23 skillpoints to double that bonus you don't need another 23 skillpoints, but 132 more (155 total with +8 bonus)

Of course the 23 (+4) was more or less randomly picked, but it's at a medium bonus and still has a good ratio compared to further boni.

DeletedUser

You are just upset because your town made up of all duelers will not find it so easy to take/hold a fort. I get that. I assumed all those pure fighter towns would rule forts right away. It does suck that fighters have to decide what to do now. Ranged fighters that went with toughness/reflex are really sort of screwed at the moment while pure Hiders will probably have it easiest for forts with a little more Health and Aim thrown into their character.

Edit: Jack can you go into depth on this some more or link me to where it already is. I've tried to keep up on the fort threads but don't recall anything like this being posted before.

It's the most "cost effective" line so to speak, it's from help file.

Based on the fort battle I've been in, yeah, duelers who are high resist are screwed, duelers who did not focus on resist nor pump vigor or shooting up really high is still ok so far. In 2 of the fort reports I've seen (1 is mine), most of the people who did most damage in those 2 fort battles were duelers, some workers too.

I think they really need to fix one thing, once you are in fort battle status, you cannot be dueled, that's not acceptable. You cannot be dueled and should not be dueled ONLY when the fort battle is in progress.

Right now, duelers who are high resist are effective out of the game, unless they go through shaman and pay.

Here is why

1. KO players can still participate in fort battle, that makes KO players in this game almost completely worthless.

2. Fine, I will Ko player just before fort battle so they will be hurt and join with less HP. Sorry, can't do, player cannot be challenged because player's status is shown as "Battle for Fort"

It's ridiculus, duelers now cannot touch other players if the other players are either
1. Sleep at hotel/barrack
2. "Battle for Fort"

Duelers got serious nerf and I feel really bad for pure duelers.

DeletedUser

Well thanks for the indepth explanations. Lol. I understand that. I was thinking Jack was talking about you can get up to 23 bonus points from your skills which is where my confusion came in.

As far as not being able to be dueled once you are in a fort battle, I think that is acceptable. As I understand it you go into the fort battle with your current HP. What is to stop a town from calling a fort battle and then sending its allies to duel as many of the opponents as they can right before the fort is supposed to start, lowering their health and making it easier for them to be KO'd in the fort battle.

DeletedUser

Based on the fort battle I've been in, yeah, duelers who are high resist are screwed, duelers who did not focus on resist nor pump vigor or shooting up really high is still ok so far.

Not necessarily true. I'm as high resistance as you can get. My fort battle stats are terrible, but I've done fine in the two defensive one's i've been in.

DeletedUser

What does this mean? Is there a limit on the amount of SP used.

Personally I think duelers are doing ok for fort battles Aim and dodge are pretty important it seems. Most important aspect will be how many people you can amass for the battle it seems, quantity over quality.

DeletedUser

I think they really need to fix one thing, once you are in fort battle status, you cannot be dueled, that's not acceptable. You cannot be dueled and should not be dueled ONLY when the fort battle is in progress.

1. KO players can still participate in fort battle, that makes KO players in this game almost completely worthless.

2. Fine, I will Ko player just before fort battle so they will be hurt and join with less HP. Sorry, can't do, player cannot be challenged because player's status is shown as "Battle for Fort"

It's ridiculus, duelers now cannot touch other players if the other players are either
1. Sleep at hotel/barrack
2. "Battle for Fort"

Duelers got serious nerf and I feel really bad for pure duelers.
Merely enrolling for a battle does not protect from duels, according to the devs on the beta forums you cannot be dueled only if you are physically located at the fort.
If someone enrolls for a fort battle, and then goes off to work a job while they wait for the battle to start, they may still be dueled. So duelers have not been nerfed, to be safe from duels in a fort you must either be building the fort, sleeping in the fort, battling or doing nothing at all.
A possible tactic the devs even suggested was to wait until shortly before the battle is due to start, then duel any combatants who are not physically at the fort waiting. If you KO them, they will go home to their hotel and probably miss the battle.

DeletedUser

Are you getting experience for fighting in the fort battles? If so, is it similar to dueling exp?

DeletedUser

Are you getting experience for fighting in the fort battles? If so, is it similar to dueling exp?

Not at the moment - that bit is not released yet.

It is going to be added in the near future though :)

DeletedUser

Merely enrolling for a battle does not protect from duels, according to the devs on the beta forums you cannot be dueled only if you are physically located at the fort.
If someone enrolls for a fort battle, and then goes off to work a job while they wait for the battle to start, they may still be dueled. So duelers have not been nerfed, to be safe from duels in a fort you must either be building the fort, sleeping in the fort, battling or doing nothing at all.
A possible tactic the devs even suggested was to wait until shortly before the battle is due to start, then duel any combatants who are not physically at the fort waiting. If you KO them, they will go home to their hotel and probably miss the battle.

Yup, what you said is true, I already verified this. However, most of the people seem to just stand there, do nothing for quite a while. That's my experience from observing a couple of fort battles and participated in 1 in world 1.

DeletedUser

Well if there is a scheduled battle for a fort that would seem to be the smart thing to do. No sense letting yourself be KOd right before the battle or your health severely drained. It's just a counter tactic to those that will try to KO and drain the health of fort battle participants.

As to the replay there should be one. You get one with duels so I don't see why forts should be different.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is the protective barrier passing out bonuses at the moment I've heard it isn't working?
Also same question about the towers are they currently giving out bonuses?

DeletedUser

according to the help they are currently giving bonuses, but building them to higher level does not increase the bonuses at the moment, which is supposed to be the point of building them up.

DeletedUser

Another Question....?

As I understand it only the Mayor (black hat) of the Founding town can invite (invitations tab) other towns and access the management tab.

If this is the case, is it possible to switch which town is the owner of the fort?

I intend for this to be between towns that are already allied to the fort owners.

DeletedUser

I don't think it is Izec. I think the town that paid for the founding of the fort is the owner. I don't see anything in my fort that would let me transfer ownership to another town in our fort.

DeletedUser

I didn't think it was the case. I am the owner of two forts in 2 different worlds and for one of them I was thinking about giving to another so that they could take over the management.

Does your town happen to be allied to another town, and can you access the two bottom tabs?

I do understand that it would be strange to give away a $10,000+ fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.