More fort questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Does the amount of towns you can invite increase as you build the headquarters (or any other building)?

Can you not be part of a forts ownership but turn up for a fort battle and fight anyway?

What are the skills needed in fort battles and what do they do?

DeletedUser1105

I believe that the size of the fort determines how many allies you can invite.

Anyone can be involved in a fort battle. Its not working at the moment but you will get XP and can find items for participating. But you won't have any rights to the fort even if you win, unless your town is invited as an ally.

I have no idea about the skills needed.

DeletedUser

1)
As of now only the fort size determines the number of additional member cities. It's 1 for a small, 2 for a medium, 3 for a large fort. Several people complained about that though, so perhaps it will be changed, perhaps it won't. Basing it on HQ levels appears to be a better idea though than multiplying the number of possible members right away.

2)
You can take part in any battle as long as you're a member of any town and have at least 1HP and have your character at the fort when the battle starts.

3)
Leadership for aim and dodge
Aim for aim
Dodge for dodge
Stamina for aim and dodge if you're an attacker
Hiding for aim and dodge if you're a defender

so for every try to hit or try to dodge you use 3 skills

and all the info is more or less in the help as well ;)
http://www.the-west.net/help.php?article=forts

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Oh one more thing. Is there any limit on the number of fort battles I can fight in?

For example is could I defend a for, travel to another one and fight in the attack 2 hours later? (assuming I haven't been knocked out)

DeletedUser1105

You cannot be involved in two at once.

I can't see anything that says you cannot travel to another fort and particpate as long as:

1) Your first fort battle is over.
2) You can get to the next fort before the battle starts.
3) You have some health points left.

That's my interpretation anyways.

DeletedUser

Question: What is the total number of players one side can have?

DeletedUser

hmmm, some people told me 128 total, 64 each side...

dunno, then you can be correct, first fort battle has over 60 people around the fort now. Another fort battle, the Deathstar empire one has over 50 right now.

DeletedUser

3)
Leadership for aim and dodge
Aim for aim
Dodge for dodge
Stamina for aim and dodge if you're an attacker
Hiding for aim and dodge if you're a defender

so for every try to hit or try to dodge you use 3 skills

am confused now jb can you please clarify..

This is how i have come to understand the whole fort battle scenario

Damage depends on the Left hand Gun the player is carrying and always less than 1/3 of the total hitpoints of the player being hit.

Player Defending Fort
To hit - Leadership, Aim and Hiding.
To Dodge - Leadership, Dodging and Hiding.

Player Attacking Fort
To Hit - Leadership, Aim and stamina,
To Dodge - Leadership, Dodging and stamina

You get bonus points added to your chances to hit and chances to dodge depending on the total addition of the sum points of each skill point in use either while hitting or dodging.

You get penalty points as the distance increases.

and another thing which is not clear is the Tower bonus
Help said:
Just the players positioned on the right towers receive the bonus. The bonus is always depending on an attribute. This is strength for the worker, mobility for the adventurers, dexterity for duelers and Charisma for soldiers. Players of other classes only get the towers base bonus.
which means that if a player is a soldier and has 20 attributes in charisma then he will get 20 bonus points added?

DeletedUser

You seem to be correct.

And there's no attribute-in-towers- (or any other special sector skill-) bonus yet.
There's merely a bonus for being on the tower, walls, gate, buildings and mali for being near the flag.
The boni of protective buildings is atm independent of its building level, but will be changed. And at the flag you get -10 atm, but it's supposed to be -8 and additionally the loss of any boni you'd get from leadership and hiding/stamina.

DeletedUser

My question for all you Fort profs.
Why have the Devs decided that players who have built their characters up on being the best fighters in the land and leaders of many men in countless town battles, now been handicapped by having to sacrifce Dueling skills to Fort battle skills? Leadership, Stamina and Hiding ffs? Very, VERY annoying.

DeletedUser

Balance?
They wanted everyone to participate in fort battles, not only duellers and probably also creating something for the lvl99ers who have no aims in the game as they don't gain XP by duelling and hence are stuck with the duel level and the duel ranking. Those people probably will try to re-skill to be able to do all jobs (at least I will and probably before I reach lvl99) and leadership, hiding and stamina are 3 of the 4 necessary skills to do so.

DeletedUser

So what you are saying jack is whoever can afford to respec the most will have the greatest build for Fort battle?
The first picture I seen from a fort battle ground was in German and had different areas designated for certain skills. In those areas, I assumed players put there would battle each other with a combination of required skills.
Therefore, ALL builds would be catered for and the scenario would not require the majority of players, lets face it, to respec and put to unwanted skills.

I honestly think the Devs have missed the boat here.

DeletedUser

If 70 players turn up to defend and 100 attackers turn up what happens?

How does the process of joining the fight occur, for instance can one side just spam all 128 places meaning that fight is over before it starts?

Can people not from the attacking or defending towns join in the battle?

DeletedUser

well quant... there was an instance where it was one guy vs two towns i think..

DeletedUser

So what you are saying jack is whoever can afford to respec the most will have the greatest build for Fort battle?
The first picture I seen from a fort battle ground was in German and had different areas designated for certain skills. In those areas, I assumed players put there would battle each other with a combination of required skills.
Therefore, ALL builds would be catered for and the scenario would not require the majority of players, lets face it, to respec and put to unwanted skills.

I honestly think the Devs have missed the boat here.

I think its great how they did it. Now all those all dueler towns and empires won't have it so easy. Everybody gets a chance. Ranged players seem to be the ones most out of luck based on the skills needed. Workers and adventurers will probably be more useful and have to respec less than duelers and soldiers for forts.

Forts aka Worker/Advent revenge. Lol

DeletedUser

Everybody gets a chance.

Not true.
What about all the folks that do not have the required skills and no money to respec?

As I posted already, initially it looked like the plan was to use different skilled players in different areas. That would have given everybody a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.