Money and Experience-linear?

DeletedUser

If you do a job that has 20% wages, then you do a job that has 40% wages, will you get 2x the money? In other words, is it linear? The same thing with experience...

DeletedUser

According to all the fancy calculations people have done, trying to nail down experience, yes, wages and exp are linear. You are likely to get an average of 4 times as much exp doing a 48% job as a 12% job, and 3 times as much cash doing a 31% job as a 10% job. (although you might make more money on a lower % job if the PRODUCT is worth a lot more)

DeletedUser

Thanks
I've seen people getting $346 in two hours clearing the forest (62%) and $214 in two hours silver mining (74%), when I get $11 doing a 15% job.
So I guess it is a very large range of randomness (if that made any sense).

DeletedUser

Ok whilst I'm here can I just hijack this thread and ask what is the highest Exp you have ever had in a job, I'm currently on world 3,4 and 5 have level 30 on world 3 level 26 on world 4 and level 18 on world 5.
Anyway I just did a job on world 5 and got 119exp from a job, that is more than any of my other playable characters so far, it seems to good to be true because at the moment it takes me only 371 to level up?
Is there a thread dedicated to this sort of thing, I couldn't find one?

DeletedUser

oh yh same here actually it was more like 126 though for the staation i was sauprised i might do that later actually thanks for reminding me :)

DeletedUser

no problem
rafting wood is good also, but losing 399 health because you got stuck between two logs is not very fun

DeletedUser

i aint got that yet im aiming for like silver minig for the money really

but the most i have lost roughly is 250 from being thown off a horse whilst breaking them in

DeletedUser

I'm just cycling through four jobs right now:
building railroad station, digging wells, building coffins, and rafting wood

DeletedUser

yh im doing the wells for the luck but all ive got is 2 jugs and a grey slouch hat which i already have.

but i also do horses and claims and eh cant rememebr the other one for the money and ep

DeletedUser

I currently have 10 jugs, 13 rolls of wire (from when I have my dueling clothes on this is the only one I can do), 7 train tickets, and 13 wood planks
Since the bank can only hold so much, this is where I store my money

DeletedUser

cant rem waht i have on me at the moment just that i have 3 jugs and 10 wood and thats all i can remember really