Submitted Minor Ideas #6

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

These ideas come from the minor ideas thread. We shall not be voting on these ideas, as that would be to time consuming. However if you have any last minute suggestions or criticisms here is the place to voice them. Otherwise these ideas shall be presented to the developers like any other idea unless there are any comments stating why they shouldn't.

Please note some of the posts were modified to include comments that were posted and I also reformatted/reworded posts to meet posting guidelines.

Ive made a notation in the minor ideas where Minor Ideas #6 stops and Minor Ideas #7 will begin. So keep submitting.

Idea title: Change "Multiple Choice" to "Anonymous Poll"
Concept: Change the title of the "Multiple
Choice" survey option to "Anonymous Poll" or something to that effect to better reflect the purpose of the option.
Reason for submitting it: I've had a little trouble with it before, think it would help out others

Idea title: Sortable rankings
Concept: In the rankings of town and duelers, I should be able to click, wins, losses, difference, experience, or level and get them sorted to order just like the fort battle report. Same for towns, with overall points, duel points, and town points.
Reasons for submitting: To see where you or your town rank in each measured category.

Idea title: Distinguish NPC Duels in report section
Concept: Can we please get a separate report section for npc duels and player duels , having them all mixed into the same dueling category is fairly annoying when looking for a specific report even something as simple as this would work.
npcduel.PNG

Idea title: Shared fort points
Concept: I feel it would make the game ranking more fair if you gave all the town in a fort equal fort points and not just the owner of the fort.
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Reasons for submitting: It would enhance game play cause there would be more reasons to have friends in forts for more than just sleeping. Also you would be more willing to attack other forts if your number one enemy town was getting points for a fort. Also you could see some greedy towns try to hold a fort by themselves so they don't share the points. It just adds another level to fort battles and team work between towns.

5. NOT SUBMITTED
Idea title: Reordering jobs that are not in process
Concept: Well, we can all see that it's pretty annoying after seeing that you've chosen the jobs, but you're walking aimlessly many miles. So, any job that isn't in process, but follows a processing job plus one more, can be reordered.

To clarify further: So you would still have the same clothes chosen just different process ordering of the way you will do the jobs you have chosen originally.

Reasons for submitting: This idea might enhance gameplay, wasting less canceling the jobs, then finding them again in a proper order. For nugget users it might be pretty helpful, due to the idea that they have many jobs that they can queue.

Idea title: Multiple Forum Report Links
Concept: Instead of copy and pasting report links one by one, now you can can have all the links that you chosen faster and easier.

Visual Aids:
Pic 1:The current report screen looks like this
http://yfrog.com/56hyperlinkideap

OK. So here is the new report screen. You choose which reports you want to copy.
Pic 2:
http://yfrog.com/j3hyperlinkidea1p

Then you click on one of the blue things after selecting your reports and:
Pic 3:
http://yfrog.com/5mhyperlinkidea2p

Then obviously you copy and paste all the reports and post to the town-forum.
Pic 4:
http://yfrog.com/7ehyperlinkidea3p

Reasons for submitting: Currently if you would like to post one or more report on the town-forum, you need to copy and paste a link one-by-one for every report you are posting. This idea would make the whole process of retrieving report links easier.

Idea title: Mouse over event shows additional price "Town member price"
Concept: Show the full price, town members price and sales price.
price.png

Premium feature
Idea title: Use of Gold nuggets to lower Town Rejoin timer
Concept:Instead of having to wait an extremely long time to rejoin your a town when you exit a town, you could pay 5 gold nuggets to reduce the time in half or placate it as you would do with the shaman
Reasons for submitting: Why would you like to have increasingly more time outside a town rather than paying some real life cash to get back to your orig town?

Idea title: Stretching in-battle fort battle notifications window
Concept: This is extremely minor but hard to describe. I was going to suggest that the fort battle screen was made bigger, or made able to re-size so that you can see who you hit / who hit you etc. without having to scroll so much. Then I discovered it is actually possible already, but the game shows the "move" mouse icon rather than the "resize" (up-down arrows) mouse icon. I think it should be the resize icon.

Reasons for submitting: Enhances user interface

10. NOT SUBMITTED
Idea title: FLASHING DUEL NOTIFICATION
Concept: When someone has elected to duel you and is in your town, a
warning during the 10 minutes should flash on the screen that your being dueled.

Visual Aid:
duelalert.PNG

Reasons for submitting: This gives those who are being dueled and sitting in town or nearby town <10 mins away chance to stop and run for for hotel of a nearby town or home town.

Abuse/issues: None thought of as it is a warning system for a player. It could frustrate duelers into loosing energy by starting a duel and player runs away causing the dueler to gamble 12 energy but that is the risk/gamble the dueler should take.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good Feather what is minor about #10? That's a whole change to the dueling system and I am completely against it. It should be voted on separately, not promoted with the other ideas.

Minor Ideas

The minor ideas thread is for undisputed common sense items that require minimal effort to implement.

This is not something undisputed, it's so unbalancing I am surprised what it's doing in Development Discussion. People will start hiding all the time, soldiers will adjust to your build, others will bank their money at the sight of danger.

Deleted User - 1278415

And its fine to discuss things Book... ideas that get presented here are to be discussed and I then only submit those that are to be final to the developers.

Just because it is in here doesnt necessarily mean that the developers will see all 10 ideas.

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

Thou honestly I didn't/dont see the difference from that and fort battles. You get alerted 24 hours to a fort battle and no one says that isn't fair to defenders.... tho they have to alert all allies and send telegrams. vs being camped on every 1 hour 10 mins.

DeletedUser

Yes, but those ideas usually get accepted together in a bulk. It's different from fort battles since the duel is an independent thing and sometimes you have to seize the moment or your opponent will hide. In fort battles you get time to prepare yourself but there is no way to escape the battle. If you choose to hide, you are penalized by losing the fort. In duels it's only in your favour to hide if you are not a strong soldier. Workers and adventurers will jump inside the hotel every time the screen flashes, weak soldiers who I have KO'd before or simply beat repeatedly will always look for shelter.

As a soldier I don't want to depend on luck, just to score a simple duel. Not to mention some duelers/soldiers have defensive clothes and will use this as a warning to jump in a better outfit.

Now, someone will say that attacking workers and adventurers is cowardly, that beating soldiers while not in their best outfit is lame, but this is how it works. The most practical thing to do is to look for your opponent's weakness. It's the same way as in football. For every game you win there are 3 points as reward, and the most points are made through beating the small, not so capable teams.

This is why I believe the blue warning flash is unfair towards people who duel.

DeletedUser

Now, someone will say that attacking workers and adventurers is cowardly...
Nah, it goes only for attacking builders because you know they're defenseless. Nonbuilder workers and other classes are another story, I don't see any cowardness in attacking them.
But the duel system gets changed in the next update so builders can be protected.

This is why I believe the blue warning flash is unfair towards people who duel.
+1
Again it's related to the next update, you'll probably work on jobs or be close to your hotel/barracks. What's stopping you to escape from duel if you see the duel button flashing? This "warning" is a game balance breaker and should never be added to the game.

Deleted User - 1278415

Lets not get caught up on just this 1 idea.. what about the rest of the ideas.

Are you saying 1-9 are good without #10

DeletedUser

IMO yes. Although I'm not sure that idea #5 will be easy to implement in the engine, it's worth a shot.

DeletedUser

all ideas are ok(except #10 but you already know that..)
#4 might be classified in a big idea. since it will effect the ranking on the extreme, but i think it will make more sense with the next updates.

#5 if it is too much work, then it is really not needed since you can just cancel and reorder maybe it will be a premium bonus if it cost more to implant.

DeletedUser

msingh, the existing premium (halving traveltime) is the real reason why #5 can't be implemented easily. ;)

DeletedUser

#1 to #9 are all ideas that I would not mind seeing in the game. I am especially interested in #2, considering the fact that I am 11th or 12th on most duels won in my world. I think the shared fort points should only give half the points to your allies.

Once again, I hope #10 gets stuck on the do not suggest list.

DeletedUser22575

#1 to #9 are all ideas that I would not mind seeing in the game. I am especially interested in #2, considering the fact that I am 11th or 12th on most duels won in my world. I think the shared fort points should only give half the points to your allies.

Once again, I hope #10 gets stuck on the do not suggest list.

I don't understand why #10 is even on the list.

No one stops and thinks how rough it has gotten on us poor misunderstood duelers.:razz: We are just trying to show a little love. :shootout:

Workers and Adventurers have finally figured out that being ko'd is not all that bad. You would think that they would show us a little gratitude and let us be the one to KO them...but oh nooooo...they have to do it to themselves with a quest duel. :censored:

Joxer has Happy Feet with the 1.29 projected changes to duel, and now you want to give them a warning so they can nugget and run. :mad:

Next thing you know they only way we will be able to duel is if we are standing in front of a mirror. Would that still be ok i wonder ?? :unsure:

Almost enough to make you think someone has something against us duelers. :eek:

DeletedUser26406

I agree that it's not good for us duelers

DeletedUser

All of these ideas get my vote - especially # 10

I'm happy to support all of these ideas, especially # 10

Anyone would believe that duelers are the only ones who count in this forum

POOR DUELERS - I've seen smarter wombats !

:hmf:

DeletedUser

I personally don't see why there are so many problems with #10. The chances of the defender actually being on-line are pretty minimal. Even then, if they are more than 10 minutes from town, as the good jobs always seem to be, hiding under the bed isn't an option. If this feature was activated, I doubt there would be much difference as I go around dueling people. I would imagine this idea would take effect to ALL classes.

Frankly i didn't expect people to like this idea, and doubted it would even make it this far. I duel alot and think it's a good idea, but if i doesn't make it, oh well.

http://www.the-west.net

DeletedUser

I don't see how it would affect a fort fighter, money maker or builder in a negative way. The dueling people are the only ones that get bashed from the idea. You say the good jobs may be 10 minutes away from your town, but since there are towns everywhere, all you have to do is sleep in one of the other nearby towns. If you duel a lot, you must be doing something wrong to even consider this in your head. I already stated everything else in a decent post, I believe.

@yogafrog, supporting ideas that intentionally hinder duelers, just because you dislike dueling is not the right way. I don't propose that workers should do jobs as 4 hour segments and adventurers should earn half the wages, just because it would be beneficial to me, since I play a different character. Respect the other player's way of playing the game, so they will respect yours.

DeletedUser

It would effect a fort fighter because they too will get a flasher when there is an incoming duel. If you were on-line and saw your flasher, you too would likely appreciate the chance to simply go through your inventory to put on your defensive gear I'm sure. Really the only people I foresee hiding as a result would be the pure builders. IMO they have the right to. It would also require them to drop whatever they are doing, which would be laughable anyway.

With the next coming changes in dueling, It sounds like the warning would be less necessary, but I still vote for it.
I consider myself a dueler, and I'm sure there are others out there that do also.

DeletedUser22575

It would effect a fort fighter because they too will get a flasher when there is an incoming duel. If you were on-line and saw your flasher, you too would likely appreciate the chance to simply go through your inventory to put on your defensive gear I'm sure. Really the only people I foresee hiding as a result would be the pure builders. IMO they have the right to. It would also require them to drop whatever they are doing, which would be laughable anyway.

With the next coming changes in dueling, It sounds like the warning would be less necessary, but I still vote for it.
I consider myself a dueler, and I'm sure there are others out there that do also.

When someone starts playing this game they make choices. What class to run, where to put points, etc.

Whats more, they know when they do this that dueling is part of the game and every class is a fair, legitimate, and legal dueling target by the game rules.

When you make choices you as a player are responsible for the repercussions of those choices and no one else. No one else playing this game should be penalized or should have to accept responsibility for your choices.

An attempt has been created by some of the players in this game to create the impression their is something wrong with dueling workers, adventurers, etc.

There has been an on going attempt by some players not only to get the rules changed but to improve the server by trying to force players not to duel workers through "peer pressure".

In other words, since we can't get the company to make the rules changes we want, lets try and force the players in the game to play by our rules instead of the game rules.

This is flat out garbage.

Despite the constant whining from players being "pure builders, pure hiders, pure fort fighters" and they should not be legitimate dueling targets they are in fact nothing but one thing. And that is a "pure dueling target" by the game rules.

There are legitimate reasons to attack workers other than money or exp. For one, I might be in a neighboring town and want to slow down the progress of their town being built. For another I might want to do some pre fort fighting attacks to drop HP's.

Dueling is getting tougher in this game.

Workers and adventurers are consistently and repeatedly ko'ing themselves with quest duels so they have 48 hours uninterrupted work time. This reduces the number of available targets for dueling.

With the new changes in 1.29 all classes, not just workers will have some added protections from dueling making it more difficult still.

Now to top it off players want a "duel warning" so that they can nugget and hide, or change clothing, etc.

I don't think you will see much clothing changes. What you will see is players running and hiding under the bed.

This warning light is nothing but another protection for those about to be dueled. It gives them an advantage and disadvantages those who duels, in fact it penalizes them for their choice of being a dueler.

It is time to stop penalizing those who duel in this game and make everyone else responsible for the choices they made when they started playing this game.

IMO #10 is a major change to the game and would have a major impact on dueling. As such it should not be presented to the game developers in the way it is being presented as a minor idea.

DeletedUser

Trojon, I said how it would affect classes in a negative way. What you gave me as an example is another reason for a character to hide. The fort fighters don't get penalized by this, they simply hide. We come back to my original point, that only dueling characters are hurt.

To be honest you haven't dueled enough to consider yourself a dueler. I have won over a thousand duels literally and have a pretty good understanding of the system.

TJ Turtle made quite a few good points. And the most important one is in the last paragraph. Minor ideas are those that need not to be discussed, they are tiny improvements of the game, not additions that cause an outrage and ruin the current ways of the game.

Deleted User - 1278415

you know I was thinking about it. and I am seeing Books view... only after the next version update.

Dueling on the spot takes place. That would really affect the duelers. As someone would just need to walk 2 mins away and avoid the dueler.

So as the current system. I'd like to see an alert honestly myself as a worker on 3 worlds. I came to build and quest... not duel. Do I self KO yes if I need to. Do I leave town to avoid a camper yes I do.
So having a warning.. might help might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.