Submitted Minor Ideas #4

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

These ideas come from the minor ideas thread. We shall not be voting on these ideas, as that would be to time consuming. However if you have any last minute suggestions or criticisms here is the place to voice them. Otherwise these ideas shall be presented to the developers like any other idea.

Please note some of the posts were modified to include comments that were posted and I also reformated/reworded posts to meet posting guidelines.

These minor ideas come from the first few pages of the thread, so don't give up hope if your idea hasn't made it here! So here's the list:

Idea title: Date of birth
Details of idea: It's not about when you are born. It's about when you started to play the-west. For example: On my profile to be written when I stared to play on world 1. exp.(20.03.2009)
Visual Aid: N/A
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reasons for submitting: I would like to know when I actually start to play this game and how long I'm already playing it. It is also good for town founders to be able to see witch player when start with playing so they would know who is good or bad/slow player and who is fast learning player.

Idea title:Finding quest products
Details of idea: If the quest wants you to find some products. It should show you what job to do
Visual Aids: N/A
Does it meet the guidelines?:yes
Has the idea been posted before?:I don't thinks so
Reasons for submitting: So you do not have to going through the list on the map and to help you find where to get the product.

Idea title: Telegram Formating
Details of idea:
When you send messages to people, we would like to have the same buttons that you use to edit the town profile [player] name [/player] [town ect... this would make it much quicker than typing it in all the time to gt the link.
Visual Aid: Picture: N/A
Does it meet the guidelines?: YES
Has the idea been posted before?: Possibly, but is highly needed and code already exists.

Idea title: Report Notice when Town building completed
Details of idea: Send notice to all town members when a new shop is completed. This way everyone knows where and when to look for new gear etc.
Visual Aid: Picture: N/A
Has the idea been posted before?: no
Reasons for submitting:

Idea title: Change the product "Quarter" to "Silver Dollar" and its buy/sell valves
Details of idea: As we all know, the reward from shining shoes is a "Quarter" product but i'm sure as in real life, if you somehow be able to sell a Quarter, i'm pretty sure they wont give you a doller in return. my suggestion is to rename it to "Silver Dollar" and change its valves to $1 on buy/sell since im sure you wont buy a dollar for 2 dollars.
Reasons for submitting: Since as i've been playing for some time, I seriously doubt that in real times in the west, that a quarter was of equal value to a dollar.

Idea title: Appropriate buttons to give notification of action
Details of idea:When there is NEW FORT BATTLE declared and NEW QUEST appears - make corresponding icons flash with blue (like when you get new telegram or there is something new in town forum)
Visual Aid: Picture N/A
Has the idea been posted before?: NO
Reasons for submitting: When new fort battles are declared this will help people know that they should do look at the battles. As for the New Quest, this would draw attention when there is a new quest or a quest that can be completed.

Idea title: Spencer carbine
Details of Idea: Spencer carbines should be available as a weapon. They may have been a but outdated by the time this game is set, but hey, harquebuses were by far more so.
Does it meet the guidelines: I believe so.
Has it been proposed before: To the best of my knowledge, no.
Reasons for proposal: There are 3 shotgun weapons in the game. 2 of them are fort weapons. It would be nice to rename one of the Shot Gun Fort Weapons.

Idea title: Town Chat noise
Details of idea: An option so that when some one comments on chat a noise is made like chatago chat rooms (and be implemented only if it could be turned off as well.)
Visual Aid: N/A
Reasons for submitting: So you could browse the fourms or do something else while waiting for people reply and know when they reply.

Idea title:
Premium and Motivation

Details of idea:

Its quite simple i think. Just to add a extra bar which will show the motivation from the jobs.

Visual Aid: Picture

Does it meet the guidelines?:
No clue
Has the idea been posted before?: No clue :p

Reasons for submitting: It is just too frustrating to seek a full 100% job, specialy when you have a lot of them :laugh: So, this one would help a lot

Proposal
Idea title: Town Title/Rank
Details of idea: When you invite someone to the town you can also choose to give that person in the invite a councilor / founder hat.
Visual Aid: Picture N/A
Reasons for submitting: Makes it easier for people to reinvite and not have to be around to reapproriate the hat to the person who left. Granted if the invite comes from a town counselor, then they would only be able to grant a town counselor hat.

Idea title: Shopping clothes are shown through your backpack
Details of idea:When in a town store shopping move your current gear you have on to your backpack . Possibly put the clothes you have on into your store /backpack inventory. The clothes that you are wearing could be a gray shading or yellow bordered to show that they can not be sold, because your wearing them.
Has the idea been posted before?:
Reasons for submitting: This would keep you from having to close backpack and open the inventory to make sure you don't double purchase.
EDIT: to note your players clothes would remain on but only when your in a shop would you see the clothes you have on also shown inside your backpack with a ghost effect/or yellow border, but your character would still have the clothes on and they would be unsellable since they were equipped.

Idea Title:Add Friends
Details of Idea:eek:ne person should be able to add Friends to distribution type list. Example - town members or town hats only messages. This would allow for people to create list for fort fighters.
Does it meet the guidelines: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?:No, Used the search did not find any
Reasons for submitting: it will make easier if you want to send a message. now you have to search the name and some have weird name that you can't even remember.

Idea title: Fort Battle: Rally Point
Details of idea: Fort general has ability to set up 3 rally points visible to battle participants that are on general's side. Rally points could be visible as colored flags (red, green, blue etc...) or as numbers.
Reasons for submitting: Point of rally point is simple: to make it easier to fort general to explain where he wants his comrades to go.

Idea title:
Duel Mouseover Popup
Details of idea: What I want is when I hover over a duel, to see more information about the duel itself. Basically what every soldier wants to know except for how much cash he earned is how much he got damaged, and if he scored a KO. Oh and of course, earned experience
Visual Aid:
duelreport.jpg

[/B]
Reasons for submitting: Information is always wanted.

Idea title: Link for hotel sleepenig
Reasons for submitting: There is only the note You are sleeping. If you don't belong to a town, then threre is no quick way to centre your position
Details of idea: Make it in to a link ( You are sleeping /town name) and when you click on it you see the town you have queued to sleep in you work list
Visual Aid: It should look just like link for jobs
Has the idea been posted before?:

#16 a personal favorite of mine
Idea title: Change the image for the Fancy shoes to include a fancy glow around the shoes, so it matches the rest of the Fancy items in the game.
Details of idea: This also brings continuity to the game of keeping with the pattern of having a white glow around the fancy items only and keeps the developers from having to create a new image for the Fancy shoes rather than add the yet missing glow that should have been around them.
Visual Aid:
edeleschoenenplaatje.jpg

Problems this creates: Im unsure how websites link to images if they copy them on to their own servers or if they direct link to the West for the images, but those sites would need to update thier stuff if need be.
Has the idea been posted before?: possibly
Reasons for submitting: It is confusing to know if you are wearing Charlatan shoes or Fancy shoes. Both shoes are popular to have due to them being part of sets and used on many jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For me, that I found good were:

# 16 Change the image for the Fancy fancy shoes to include a glow around the shoes (the best ever in my opinion)

# 4 Report Notice Town When completed building (For people with many members)

# 14 Duel Mouseover Popup (If this is already in the works, why not in games)

# 1 Date of birth (more or less, such as profile data)

DeletedUser

my feedback-

#2- don't really need it can just use http://www.weststats.com/Items/yield/ find the product and which job(s) gives those product and its chance of finding with its sell value.
#4- just have in town log "_____(player) has constructed the building Gunsmith for 2 hours and Gunsmith is up to level __" or something like that.

Deleted User - 1278415

#2 i will clarify what is being asked for. When you read a message from the story it might say bring me rolls of wire... but it doesnt tell you to do the Intalling a Telegraph Pole job to get the roll of wire.

That is what is being asked for. Granted it is not needed for us... but for new player retention it might help new players from asking in the forums all the time how do I get this or that. without having to use a 3rd party site.

DeletedUser

I like most of them, the spencer carbine I don't really care about but I'm not against it either.

Showing motivation in the premium work window is my favorite, would love that.

Totally against taking off clothes when shopping if that's what he's saying. Would make you temporarily vulnerable to attacks plus take away a lot of hitpoints from your max, depending on what gear you wear. If it's implemented in any way it should only show a ghost icon in your inventory indicating you own it, not remove it.

DeletedUser

I think most of them are great ideas especially #1,#3,#4,#6,#13,#14.

I don't really see the need for number two because it a quest. They should be more of a challenge as like was posted before me, the items can be found in west stats. Then again it would help new players.

DeletedUser

I don't really see the need for number two because it a quest. They should be more of a challenge as like was posted before me, the items can be found in west stats. Then again it would help new players.

I agree with you. :)

The # 16 in my opinion I feel that is the best idea and I was surprised that not mentioned. :blink: Since it is good to have difference with the items, as the fancy and charlatan shoes have the same image.

DeletedUser

Now I see. I agree on the difference because of the gent and charlatan shoes

Deleted User - 1278415

I like most of them, the spencer carbine I don't really care about but I'm not against it either.

Showing motivation in the premium work window is my favorite, would love that.

Totally against taking off clothes when shopping if that's what he's saying. Would make you temporarily vulnerable to attacks plus take away a lot of hitpoints from your max, depending on what gear you wear. If it's implemented in any way it should only show a ghost icon in your inventory indicating you own it, not remove it.

I edited #11 to include your comments about that your clothes would of course stay on... as was intended, but to only show them while your in the store shop window and they would be unsellable since your wearing them.

DeletedUser

Now I can go with number eleven too. Thanks for the clarification.

Deleted User - 1278415

Looks like #3 and #12 may have already been passed to the developers in a different context/title. I may leave those out when we lock this thread after comments/final tweaks have been stated.

DeletedUser

Was going to suggest #14 myself. Love the mouseover pop-ups on reports and agree it needs to extend to XP for duels (as I don't duel for money).

It would be nice to extend this idea to fort battle reports as well (i.e. show XP earned, HP lost, items found).

DeletedUser

yep i think it will be helpful also.

and in fort battle report popup add: "attacker:____" it is not important since it will be considered as a detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.