Submitted Minor Ideas #13

Discussion in 'Development Discussions' started by Good Feather, Apr 30, 2011.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good Feather

Good Feather Well-Known Member

These ideas come from the minor ideas thread. We shall not be voting on these ideas, as that would be to time consuming. However if you have any last minute suggestions or criticisms here is the place to voice them. Please note these are just the ideas as they were submitted. You still have a voice to say yea or na. If no opposition to these ideas after one week then they shall be presented to the developers like any other idea unless there are any comments stating why they shouldn't.

Please note some of the posts were modified to include comments that were posted and I also reformatted/reworded posts to meet posting guidelines.

Ive made a notation in the minor ideas where Minor Ideas #13 stops and Minor Ideas #14 will begin. So keep submitting.

Please state the # of any idea you do or don't like: While you may have made comments when the post was submitted, those comments will need to be voiced now if you still feel the same way about a comment.

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME NOW.

1. - not enough demand apparently after reviewing the comments.
    4.not enough demand apparently after reviewing the comments.
    6. not enough demand apparently after reviewing the comments.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. -Neo-

-Neo- Banned

daily login bonus decline option is best idea in here.
    :)

3. Galen M

Galen M Guest

yes, I'm sure that is every zero motivation dueler's wet dream :p

As for me:

#1 I like, but I'm not sure how that would effect travel time, especially if you have to travel to 2 or 3 places on your queue.
    #2-3 both good ideas
    #4 how is that different than just checking to see who's in alliance chat?
    #5 only if the bonus is automatically applied at 23:59 if not yet accepted
    #6 seems kinda pointless
    #7 love this idea
    #8 don't understand what this is suggesting
    #9 ABSOLUTELY NOT, it's nice to own a left hand item with bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  4. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

1. Simple Changing of queue order: I'd use it, but it wouldn't bother me if it was never implemented.

2. Fort Maneuver Health: absolutely. With a real battle, it's worth using cookies etc, but obviously that's completely wasteful. If you're using it for practice, you need full health to simulate a real battle without wasting usable items. Plus half of maneuvers seem to be immediately after a battle when everyone is busy healing and can't do anything else. I could see possibly making it a maneuver setting as well, with a checkbox to enable Full Health.

3. Route location, planner: something needs to be done with this. The whole market inferface isn't very user friendly. Another option so save clicks would be adding a signpost icon to Offers/Bids.

4. Allies see Member Online Icon: Not interested. Way too many people are online all the time, even if they're afk for hours at a time. I just don't think this would be incredibly helpful.

5. Accept or Decline Daily Login XP Bonus: Awesome

6. Who accepted the fort invitation? I don't really see the point of this one. Sure, why not, add it, it probably wouldn't be much trouble to implement, but it doesn't seem incredibly useful.

7. Quantity Selling: absolutely and ASAP. Squeeze this one into 1.31 when all job products become auctionable.

8. that buttons made to scroll through the players be made: Yeah, this should have been implemented a long time ago, assuming it means what I think it means, i.e. giving more than 15 search results when searching for a player (or town).

9. Switch Rotten eggs and Death's scythe placeholder locations only. This is about the most minor idea in the history of minor ideas, but it seems so logical. Was your edit a typo? Paper doll seems like term you're looking for rather than placeholder.

5. TJ Tuttle

TJ Tuttle Well-Known Member

#4 absolutely NOT.

There are way to many ways this can be abused for dueling purposes and just because you are in an alliance with someone does not mean you will not be dueled by them.

When you factor in the fact that alliances are constantly shifting and ending the possibility for abuse increases.

6. futurama1001

futurama1001 Well-Known Member

I don't blame you Galen, I also had trouble deciphering it. But I think Elmyr is right and if so it should be implemented.

I also think all these minor ideas should be implemented, possibly with the exception of number 4. I don't see the point in it whatsoever.

Galen M likes this.
  7. Good Feather

Alright #4 looks like it needs to be reworked...

I'll strike that one out.

and oh I've offended the almighty Elmyr... whatever shall I do Paper-doll (sounds kinda girly to be honest) text inserted

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  8. John Sibley

John Sibley Well-Known Member

100% Yes.
    1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.Yes
    4.Yes
    5.Yes
    6.YES
    7.Yes
    8.Yes
    9.Yes
    10.Yes

9. JonOfTheWest

JonOfTheWest Well-Known Member

Yes to all.

1,3,5,7 especially..

9 I'll agree with if the +1 all attributes isn't taking away from the Scythe and if it is, then it should be added to the eggs.

10. sidp2201

sidp2201 Well-Known Member

#9 is just a pic interchange(along with the name) and everything remains as it is
    all are good ideas now :)

I just had a thought on the 1
    What if you got 2 walks queued up and you switch order after sometime when walk 1 has started
    does both set back to zero( meaning you return back to the starting place and continue even though the walks were like 1)3 hours followed by 2)10 min
    and same about the sleep :(

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  11. msingh

msingh Well-Known Member

#9 i say no. it is a big idea will effect everyone. i suggest you, good feather treat this as major then minor by polls.

#1, 3, 5 7 are the once i like the most. they are great and i support all the way.

rest are all-right but i am not crazy about them.

12. Niklas81

Niklas81 Well-Known Member

okej

okej to all ex 9. Switch Rotten eggs and Death's scythe placeholder locations only. This is about the most minor idea in the history of minor ideas, but it seems so logical. Was your edit a typo? Paper doll seems like term you're looking for rather than placeholder.

death scythe as fire arm or mele ? no to this becuse of ap points on the death scythe.

tanks niklas81

13. JoxerTM

JoxerTM Guest

Without reading others' comments...

1. Similar thing was suggested before and I said no. Why? Because of the halving traveltime premium this would lead to a possible bug or abuse. So again I say - no.

2. Absolutely yes on this one. Currently it's futile to join a maneuver after you die, and it's not fun.

3. I don't see any benefit of this, I'd rather have items sorted by distance. But ok, it won't hurt to add this.

4. Will be reworked, right?

5. No to this. An entropy is a fun element of life. The game shouldn't know when you'll be online and then adapt to you. You of course shouldn't try to adapt to it, RL is more important. But I like it in it's current state, you get the bonus like it or not. And thus you can't stay level 10 for ages. To be forever young is something for a fantasy setting, not for the west. ;)

6. Not needed, really. It won't hurt to add this one too, but... I don't see possible benefits you get from this.

7. No to this. It will confuse players plus there is a certain cap on items you can place on the market, but by adding this feature that cap could be avoided if you're selling items of the same type.

8. I had the same problem, and not just once, so absolutely yes on this one.

9. No because I want to be ranged duelist and spread some more stench around than I usually do. :)

14. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

#9: My mockup should have shown the attribute bonuses on the scythe, which was half my reason for suggesting it, so idiots would quit ruining fort battles by having their scythe equipped.

15. JoxerTM

JoxerTM Guest

Hmmm. Elmyr... You're too optimistic. There will always be idiots.
    But since it really doesn't change the game much... Let's trade. I say yes on your #9 and you as a favor completely remove the help-zeromots-not-to-levelup #5. :)

16. ManFromSnowyRiver

ManFromSnowyRiver Well-Known Member

1. Queue order. Yes. I like it
    2. Maneuver health. Yes. Genius!
    3. Market distance planner. Yes, I guess.
    4. Online allies. No. Doesn't the chat currently show online allies?
    5. Daily login. No. Maybe an accept or delay 5 minutes options.
    6. Fort invitation accept. Yes, I guess.
    7. Multiple market. Yes, good idea.
    8. Player search scroll. Yes. Now, if not sooner. Although searching for more then just 1 letter might help.
    9. Eggs for Scythe. No. People will just show up to fort fight with rotten eggs instead of a scythe, and whats worse is my duels will be done with a scythe.

17. 1.Yeah why not?
    2.Yeah!Maneuvers are always fun.
    3. Yeah sounds good.
    4. I meant to show it on Town>Town Members place so that you don't have to find people names like in a dictionary or phonebook.Yes from me!(duh)
    5. I really don't need it.But if it is need by most of the guys,do it.
    6. Big deal.No.
    7. Yes.It can be really useful in Version 1.31 where Crafting and Item selling comes.
    8. Hmm.. Yes.
    9. I hope the add some of AP to them.Otherwise,makes sense.

More ideas please GF!

18. Rannon

Rannon Well-Known Member

1. sounds good
    4. Nah
    6. yes
    7. Yes, pretty please!
    ^^,

19. Good Feather

all ideas submitted, with exception to 1 4 & 6 were not. After reviewing the comments from about 10 people I was able to get a general consensus of what wasnt liked or liked.

Thanks and keep submitting ideas in the minor ideas section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.