Submitted Minor Ideas #12

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

These ideas come from the minor ideas thread. We shall not be voting on these ideas, as that would be to time consuming. However if you have any last minute suggestions or criticisms here is the place to voice them. Otherwise these ideas shall be presented to the developers like any other idea unless there are any comments stating why they shouldn't.

Please note some of the posts were modified to include comments that were posted and I also reformatted/reworded posts to meet posting guidelines.

Ive made a notation in the minor ideas where Minor Ideas #12 stops and Minor Ideas #13 will begin. So keep submitting.

Please state the # of any idea you do or don't like: While you may have made comments when the post was submitted, those comments will need to be voiced now if you still feel the same way about a comment.

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME NOW.

Minor Ideas #12

Idea title: AWOL Generals
Details of idea: Allow generals to demote other generals.
Reasons for submitting: Ranks are precious, depending on the size of the fort and the level of activity in a world. On any remotely active world, an offline level 30 general is a complete waste of space. This wouldn't completely solve the problem, because half the time it's an issue, there are no online generals, but it would help.

Idea title: Colored Text Removal
Details of idea: Allow "COLOR BLIND" players to have the option to make all incoming chat messages black for readability.
Reasons for submitting: Many people are playing with the new color system for chat text. I'd like a button to be able to make them all black. I know I can ignore or just close chat, as that is what I have been doing.

Title: Changing Report Privacy settings
Details of Idea: Simplify the changing of report settings to be a toggle switch setting. Clicking on the lock would change the setting of the lock to cycle through the 4 states of privacy. Each phase could have a mouse over that explains what the setting is instead of a pop-up window to explain what each phase would need to know before setting it each and every time.
Reasons for submitting: When clicking on each report it takes a long time to bring up the pop-up, or to select 5 reports and still wait for that pop-up window to come up and explain info we already know.

Idea title: Organizing the Quest Book
Details of idea: Allow the completed quests in the quest book to be sorted either alphabetically, by level, or by date completed
Reasons for submitting: Currently, it is quite difficult to identify what quests you completed or in what order, as the order of the quests is seemingly random. If you wanted to help a town-mate or re-read an epilogue, it's not easy to do with once you complete many quests. And quests done per character class story line are hard to find when that character leaves the saloon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. AWOL Generals: Greatest idea since sliced bread. Six and a half thumbs up.

2. Colored Text Removal: Yeah, I find colored text annoying as well. I'd prefer that it was for individual chats though, or if it was allowed in fort chat, because it helps a lot to distinguish orders. I was thinking about a GM script to get rid of it myself.

3. Changing Report Privacy settings: I can go either way on this one. I don't find the current system to be much of a hassle.

4. Organizing the Quest Book: Yeah, I can see that, though I never use it. I always use the NPCs for quest history, but this would simplify things. Alternatively (or in addition), the NPCs could have the same sorting options.

There is a workaround for the last part of Reasons.

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('quest_employer', {employer:'mugridge'}, 'mugridge');
javascript:AjaxWindow.show('quest_employer', {employer:'anna'}, 'anna');
javascript:AjaxWindow.show('quest_employer', {employer:'william'}, 'william');
javascript:AjaxWindow.show('quest_employer', {employer:'nathan'}, 'nathan');

DeletedUser20579

1. AWOL Generals: Maybe to expand this, a general can also promote someone to general, so if they can't be online, maybe they can promote an online general. Maybe also add a limit of 5 generals, and any black hat signing in after 5 generals is given captain.

2. Colored Text removal: Greatest idea since sliced bread. Six and a half thumbs up.

3. Report privacy settings. Don't mind the current system. Might be nice if you clicked for the BB Code, it automatically made it public.

4. Organzing quest book: Whatever.

DeletedUser

1. useable 100%, yes, please add this
2. there is already ignoreplayer option, so I don't think this is needed at all
3. not bad to have, but also not needed
4. it will be as bad and as confusing and lousy as it is now. instead of that there should be a separate completed quests section with all solved quest titles (alphabetically sorted). no need to add quest givers to solved quest titles because the list would include all those quest givers that are not in the saloon. this would be compatible to devs' old idea of different travelling questgivers who are not on the same spot on the map but are changing their position every hour/day/week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

4. it will be as bad and as confusing and lousy as it is now. instead of that there should be a separate completed quests section with all solved quest titles (alphabetically sorted). no need to add quest givers to solved quest titles because the list would include all those quest givers that are not in the saloon. this would be compatible to devs' old idea of different travelling questgivers who are not on the same spot on the map but are changing their position every hour/day/week.

Maybe this one needs more discussion and expansion beyond the simple minor idea.

DeletedUser

I hope most of us will agree it needs a discussion, but we should get the blessing of the original idea submitter.

DeletedUser

Which was me.

The idea was simple, allow a sort of your completed quests. Any sort will suffice, but alphabetically or by date completed makes most sense. The original idea never included an option to sort by questgiver.

There already is a separate 'Completed quests' and 'Open Quests'. Sorting by questgiver seems unnecessary if you can sort alphabetically and also probably takes more dev work. I just wanted to keep the idea 'Minor'.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well if thats all you want then will that make it more minor for you all to agree on? it doesn't bother me.

I know we have sent in a lot of quest book modification ideas or at least it seems that way. I tacked on the missing quest givers because I was trying to help someone out and I couldn't see the quest that I had done... but thanks to the above script b y Elmyr that could help us out. Be nice if there was a spot on the table in the Salloon that said Card from Nathan or your respective character class character that was click-able to show past quests from that character..

DeletedUser

1. Best Idea since the formation of west.in.Please put this in.. 8 points..
2.Well,if that much need ed then ok.. 4 points..
3.Well, I don't think its much of a change.. 2 points..
4.Well,its not that much preferred..

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, slight amendment to #1 - how's about allowing like for like promotions/demotions for ranked officers - General can promote and demote anyone (including other generals), captains can promote/demote other captains/privates. Privates can't promote/demote anyone.

Deleted User - 1278415

no I dont think so Supraxus. that might cause some issues. But if it were implemented I can see a lot of people not ranking everyone as captains all the time or being picky about who they trust.

DeletedUser

Fair enough. It did go on the assumption that all your generals/captains were mutually trusting of each other. Not every world/alliance has that kind of relationship amongst its leaders.

DeletedUser26406

1.Yes but I suggest a slight change to go with it,The person that attacks the fort is 5-star general and everybody else is say 4-star.
Then 5-star can demote 4s.
2.yes
3yes
4yes

DeletedUser

The person that attacks the fort is 5-star general and everybody else is say 4-star.

I completely disagree. Digging doesn't make you special. If you're a level 30 hat who can't be online for the battle, you NEED TO BE DEMOTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.