Discussion Minor Ideas #11

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

These ideas come from the minor ideas thread. We shall not be voting on these ideas, as that would be to time consuming. However if you have any last minute suggestions or criticisms here is the place to voice them. Otherwise these ideas shall be presented to the developers like any other idea unless there are any comments stating why they shouldn't.

Please note some of the posts were modified to include comments that were posted and I also reformatted/reworded posts to meet posting guidelines.

Ive made a notation in the minor ideas where Minor Ideas #11 stops and Minor Ideas #12 will begin. So keep submitting.

Please state the # of any idea you do or don't like: While you may have made comments when the post was submitted, those comments will need to be voiced now if you still feel the same way about a comment.

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME NOW.

Title: ADVANCED MARKETING
Concept: It would be nice to add a DEMAND section in the market. For instance I am looking for fancy leg guards and willing to pay 14000$ for them. A person who has the pants could sell them for that price.
Summary: It would help people know what items are wanted on the market if they have the item in their inventory or town.

2. NOT SUBMITTED DUE TO IT NOT BEING A MINOR IDEA. WHILE IT MAY SEEM IT IS A MINOR IDEA, IT HAS MANY DETAILS THAT NEED TO BE WORKED OUT. IT HAS GOOD MERIT AND I SUGGEST SUBMITTING AS MAJOR IDEA.

Idea title: Cancellation of a battle
Details of idea: There are times when it's necessary to cancel a battle and if there was a game option that allowed ONLY black hats or the digger to cancel the battle then it would save dozens of people much time and frustration.
Visual Aid:
fortbattlecanceled49879.jpg

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reasons for submitting: People waste a lot of time going to battles that have been declared as canceled and this leads to a lot of frustration and hostile chat that is truly unnecessary and unproductive for the game.

Details : For an additional fee of $1500, the attacker (either just the one who declares or a Black Hat in the declaring town) can elect to cancel a battle within 12 hours of declaring it. The cancellation can't happen at the last minute and if there's a justifiable reason for cancellation of a battle then 12 hours or so should be enough time to actually get a hold of someone capable of canceling the battle. The original cost plus the cancellation fee would be forfeited (No, this isn't some scheme to get your money back because things aren't going your way). The clock for the battle would continue to countdown as normal, but on the fort overview screen there would be a big red "BATTLE CANCELED!" displayed prominently. No future arriving individuals could sign up for the battle, but all existing members would still be protected from dueling as long as they were signed up and stayed at the battle site (it wouldn't be fair to cancel a battle just to be able to duel a bunch of people there who not equipped for dueling). At the time of the battle, instead of the battle starting ... it would just end with no battle and no stats to track. A battle report would be sent as normal that said, "Battle canceled" for that fort battle.

3. Rerequesting - probably has been suggested before
Title: Duel KO timer
Concept: When you try to duel another player, and you are on a 48hr KO, you should get a notice that you cant duel for x amount of time. The same way it shows you cant rejoin a town countdown type clock notification
Workaround - Currently every time you get KO'd, assuming you didn't deleted the duel report, you have to look at the time of that report and calculate 2 days ahead of when you can begin dueling again.
Summary: Countdown timer would be nice.

Title: Hotel job button
Concept: When you have a job scheduled to be worked you can click on that job and it will bring up the job window for that job at that location so you can add another job.
When you have a sleep scheduled and you click on that sleep button it just prompts you to reduce the walk if you are still walking to it.
Suggest making this work similar to a normal job as well so we can schedule another sleep behind this sleep as well... so we can have a 16 hour sleep, or increase the sleep to a 5 star sleep if a 4 star was selected.

Summary: If I'm traveling about and pick a random place to sleep when an assignment spot becomes available, I don't always recall where I chose to sleep. I either have to wait until I arrive at that location or spend time trying to figure out which town I selected. Having this feature work for sleeping as it does for other assignments would be handy.

Idea title: Ranking for Builders
Details of idea: Add ranking for Construction points earned, not how many skill points u have on your construction.
Points counted by Town building and Fort building.
Just as duelers have ranking for Exp earned via dueling, builders could have a ranking for how much construction points worth of building they have done.

Reasons for submitting: Right now builders are doing all the work, building towns and forts but when the job is done, builders are forgotten.
I personally don't care how many skill points do you have on you Construction, what i would like to show off with is how much construction i have done.

6. Resubmitting as it seems to be wanted badly:
Idea title: Shopping for Items in other Towns nearby Search
Details of idea: Have the ability to search for a specific item that is for sale in towns on the map.Sometimes you need to buy something and it isn't in the market, and the store in your town does not sell it. Add the ability to see if another town may sell the particular item, then you could go to that town or strike up a conversation with them to let you buy it.
Additional: Coding for this could work similar to the duel search, where an item was found 10, 30, 60 mins away, or filtered to look only in alliance towns.

Reasons for submitting: I believe it would enhance game play for all.

7. NOT SUBMITTED PLAYERS DID NOT LIKE IT. IF YOU FEEL IT HAS MERIT. THEN LOOK TO DISCUSS IT IN THE MAJOR IDEAS, BUT IT WILL NEED TO BE VOTED ON BEFORE IT WILL BE PASSED AUTOMATICALLY.
Title: Notification of Bounty
Concept: A player should get a report notifying them that they are wanted dead or alive, and for what deed they are wanted for along with how much the law thinks they are worth dead or alive.

Reason: Currently you have no idea if you are wanted unless you go to the sheriff's office daily, or look at yourself in the rankings and mouse over your portrait to see you are wanted.

Summary: Recently I had no idea i had a bounty on me until someone mentioned it in county chat. I believe it would only be fair, especially for those that have never and will never care to check the bounty system, that we get a warning report that we have a bounty on our heads.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

#1: Yes that would be an awesome feature.
#2: I Can't think of why not. I could only hope it would be used. I like it
#3: Would be nice, But its not hard to just figure out as is. Unimportant
#4: I Don't think this is really needed you can press the transit time button in the top left of the sleep icon and it will center the screen where you cued the sleep/job/destination. I think more important things should be in order first.
#5: I really don't care about this one. But I'm sure its important for builders, Go For It.
#6: There is already an external site that does this, but an in-game feature would be appreciated for sure.
#7: This just recently happened to me. It probably looked like a push because I dueled when low on health and died, giving my (unknown to me) bounty away. Please Implement this ASAP.

They all sound good to me, some more important than others though.

DeletedUser

1. Advanced Marketing: Great idea. There's no real precedent for it in any game I've played, except when forums are used for WTB and WTS sell threads, with WTS being the only option I've seen in any sort of market system, but it's still a good idea. One thing I'd add is that there should be a non-refundable fee to reduce clutter, perhaps twice the normal sell fee with no fee to the seller.

2. Cancellation of a battle: another great idea. Currently when multi battles and counters are resolved diplomatically, it still usually really screws up the day. It would be nice to be able to do something concrete to fix it. I disagree with the possibility that the digger must cancel it himself, because it could also be used to fix battles dug by a hat "going rogue". Normally I agree with high prices, but I'd rather see maybe half the price to dig as the fee. The money for the battle itself is already wasted.

3. Duel KO Timer: I'd rather see it in the duel window than in every town's saloon, with the saloon actually showing other people's KOs, but still a good idea.

4. Hotel (and Barracks I assume) Queue Button: Just for consistency. I don't consider it a real issue if you forget where you scheduled sleep because you can use the arrow to center the map on the town/fort if you aren't already asleep or you can center the map on yourself if you are sleeping.

5. Ranking for Builders: Similar to this (which already passed voting), but in game. I could go either way, but I would like to see more stats in rankings. Almost everything in the Achievements/Statistics menu could be included. I'd like to see all current rankings sortable by column too, e.g. town dueling points or average level, with other relevant stats added to the dueling rankings and sortable.

6. Town Item Search: absolutely. I love West Stats' towns tool, but it would be nice if it was complete (esp. pants and belts), had up to date stock and town names, and removed ghost towns.

7: Notification of Bounty: no way! ad hominem! ad hominem! ad hominem! :p I don't think this one is very realistic because you shouldn't necessarily know immediately that you have a bounty, but I guess that shouldn't be a real drawback. I think a better alternative would be to prevent bounties being received unless you're the challenger. It seems like it would help reduce intentional bounty pushing as well.

DeletedUser

i like 1-3 a lot!

4 kinda exists already, doesn't it?

5 what is the point? for bragging rights? no actual function?

6 west stats had that tool and was useful in the pre-market days- but really are you going to pay 4X the price by searching and buying at foreign town?

7 hm...maybe a thing where at login each day you "check the bulletin board" sort of- like when the daily XP bonus time begins- where you see it if a bounty was put on you from the previous day

DeletedUser

1, would like to see it.

2, ok, but who will pay to cancel an attack. they possibly just tell the other leader that it is canceled. also, 12hrs.is long time to think. make it 18hr. left. meaning noone will be able to cancel the attack after 18hr cause if the multi attack just happened then they one side/attacking town should decide with in few hours. 12hr is long time, 6 hr is better.

3, looks like you don't have someone else to give flowers to. give the person a break; let him live in peace for few days. no to this minor.

4, don't care. their is other way to get to the hotel or where ever you are sleeping. but yes. less clicks and saves time.

5, YES big bold underlined red yes. cause it shows who is the real worker(or should i say body builder)

6, YES another big bold underlined red yes. why? i don't think i need to explain this. the-west should not be depended on outer sites and it be up to date like said in previous post(s).

7, NO it is realistic like said before. also,when you get a bounty on your head? when you duel someone. if you cannot stand and fight with a real dueler then you should not pick on weak. go fight the strong if you don;t want the bounty.

Deleted User - 1278415

i like 1-3 a lot!

4 kinda exists already, doesn't it?

5 what is the point? for bragging rights? no actual function?

6 west stats had that tool and was useful in the pre-market days- but really are you going to pay 4X the price by searching and buying at foreign town?

7 hm...maybe a thing where at login each day you "check the bulletin board" sort of- like when the daily XP bonus time begins- where you see it if a bounty was put on you from the previous day

#4 is to allow a person to click on the hotel job and choose a different room or possibly choose to sleep for 16 hours. I had to actually open a game window and click on a job in the work queue and see what window it brought up. Then I clicked on a hotel stay and then clicked on it in the work queue to see how it worked. It is a very minor change. This thread is for minor changes.

#5 yep Bragging rights. As a builder on 4/5 worlds. Im a worker and I see this is a bragging rights that I could honestly care less about. But hopefully as the Developer roadmap suggest workers will have more things to do around town as buildings have more levels.

#6 - yes west stats tool is good but always outdated. Further if you could at least find out where items are at you could then strike up a communication with the other town and they could sell the item on the market. So I agree I wouldn't pay the 4x price. But finding the items is the first step.

#7 might be held off on. not getting a lot of positive feedback here.

1, would like to see it.

2, ok, but who will pay to cancel an attack. they possibly just tell the other leader that it is canceled. also, 12hrs.is long time to think. make it 18hr. left. meaning noone will be able to cancel the attack after 18hr cause if the multi attack just happened then they one side/attacking town should decide with in few hours. 12hr is long time, 6 hr is better.

3, looks like you don't have someone else to give flowers to. give the person a break; let him live in peace for few days. no to this minor.

#2 - your probably right who would actually cancel an attack? but some worlds this does happen that towns talk and agree that the battle will be rejected and that each side will not attack it to make a good battle at another fort.

Now as for multis be declared I do know that it can happen a day prior to plan attack is planned and then a person just comes on at the scheduled plan time and hits the attack without looking at other fort battles (bonehead mistake)

So I like this option but I also wonder if it would be abused. Ie another town would always attack another fort if their fort was attacked forcing the minor town with 1 fort to back down their attack all the time to protect their 1 and only other fort from the enemy who might have 5 forts who might be willing to sacrifice a small fort for a med/large fort.

As for who would pay for it, the original attacking town would have to pay. Again this might not be a minor idea and might need to go through the voting process.

DeletedUser

Battles are frequently (unofficially) canceled on w11 and w12 to try to ensure one real battle instead of several wastes of time with all blue no red. It often takes a long time for diplomacy to resolve the problem so 18 hours is too long. That would just be in the event of mistakes, or n00bs who never should have been given a hat digging on their own. Less than 12 hours and it seems like it would be abusable.

DeletedUser

Battles are frequently (unofficially) canceled on w11 and w12 to try to ensure one real battle instead of several wastes of time with all blue no red. It often takes a long time for diplomacy to resolve the problem so 18 hours is too long. That would just be in the event of mistakes, or n00bs who never should have been given a hat digging on their own. Less than 12 hours and it seems like it would be abusable.

i meant multi as enemy attacks and with in 2mins friendly town attacks.(as you know battle overview takes few mins to be update). they should have 6 hr. to think as weather to cancel it or fight. time left in count down is long time. 18 hr till battle starts is good if this were to be passed. cause i could be traveling and then find out that their is no attack the next day.

@Good Feather- in my point of view it will be an abuse. that is why i am not for it and i think it is not a minor it will change the battle play we should get polls for it.

DeletedUser29831

1. Excellent. Pretty, pretty please to devs?
2. Yes, like it. As for time, I think 12 hours should be it. If a hat go rouge, they have to get another hat to cancel. As for multis, this can be done with or without a cancel button, me thinks.
3. OK
4. Why not?
5. Let the builders brag, they deserve it.
6. Wouldn't this be partially met by implementing #1?
7. Can't really whip up any enthusiasm any which way. But agree with elmyr that bounty should only be received when the bount hunters attack the bounty prey.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well the battle cancel one is an interesting idea but I think it needs to be brought to a full blown idea mode to be discussed and seen from all perspectives.

so I'll hold that one back.

Status
Not open for further replies.