Submitted Minor Ideas #10

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

These ideas come from the minor ideas thread. We shall not be voting on these ideas, as that would be to time consuming. However if you have any last minute suggestions or criticisms here is the place to voice them. Otherwise these ideas shall be presented to the developers like any other idea unless there are any comments stating why they shouldn't.

Please note some of the posts were modified to include comments that were posted and I also reformatted/reworded posts to meet posting guidelines.

Ive made a notation in the minor ideas where Minor Ideas #10 stops and Minor Ideas #11 will begin. So keep submitting.

Please state the # of any idea you do or don't like:
COMMENTS ARE WELCOME NOW

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=544679&postcount=298

Proposal: Add Harmonica product to a future quest line or random drop
Suggest: Giving it an a bonus to Appearance of +3

2. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=544816&postcount=299

Proposal: Change the male and female character cass references from Iroquois to each be "Warrior".
Reason: Iroquois were the American Eastern Indians, and were not historically based in the American West. While we do not know which Indians the game is depciting we could generalize it by just using a term that represented the soliders of all Indian tribes such as warrior.

3. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=546385&postcount=300
RESUBMITTING: As users really want it and it seems simply overlooked as it would be a feature that would be heavily used on a daily basis.

Details of idea: To add a button that centers the town on the screen and on the mini-map. The quickest option would be that in the "bids for purchase" tab, when you click on the traveling time that it opens the town in question (does that already), centers the town on screen, and opens on mini map. But if this is too hard then just a "center" button next to the town header in every town screen (this option would be useful in more situations than this market theme). Another option would be to add this feature to the sign-post of every town!
the current workaround is enter town screen, enter residence, click on any residents profile, and then click on center town from the profile.

Visual Aid:
View attachment 1394
http://forum.the-west.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1394&stc=1&d=1294515211

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes
Reasons for submitting: this has been suggested before, but that was a while ago (I don't know if it has been suggested since) and with the market and all it would just be really handy. Just say you find the town using the "bids for purchase" tab in the market. You actually have no idea where this town is until you center it on the mini map right? well try doing that a couple hundred times, when you are collecting the bulk you have bought! There are other instances where it would be useful too, but particularly this is annoying me ATM

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=547083&postcount=301

Proposal: Change minimum market bid increase from $1 to $25 or perhaps 3% of the base bid.
Reason: I'd like the bidding system at the market changed so that $1 bid increases are removed, $25 bid increments will make the bidding more interesting.

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=547498&postcount=302
Idea title: Easier archiving

Details of idea: When archiving your telegrams into categories, you shouldn't get reverted back to page 1 of your telegrams every time you archive a telegram.

Reasons for submitting: While going through my pages of telegrams and sorting them into categories (most people probably don't do that, but I was bored so), every time I sorted one or multiple telegrams into a category, it jumped back to page one and I had to click back to the page I was up to every single time.
Conclusion: If it just stayed on the page you were currently on, it would remove the hassle of an extra click and therefore save my fingers from arthritis and preserve mouse longevity.

6. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=549107&postcount=303

Title: "Bids for Purchase" section ordered by distance

Details of idea: The most effective way to place the bids would be in order of distance. In this way you know exactly which location is closest for your next pick up.

Visual Aid: courtesy of two bars of mars (thanks again mate;))

2801047r.jpg

Reasons for submitting: At present, one has to sift through pages of bought items to check which is the next closest town. If this was to be implemented, it would be of great use to those who are collecting their bought items.

7. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=549704&postcount=305

Idea title: Warning on selling unique items

Details of idea: Before selling unique items like various quest rewards add a window saying "This is unique item. If you sell it there is no possible way you can ever find it again." or something similar along those lines. This can be done in a currently existing window that open when you try to sell something.

Example of unique item this would be very helpful on is the : Advent Calendar

Reasons for submitting:
Every once in awhile here on forums I hear about someone selling something he really shouldn't have and asking for help. Usually, all the answers he can get is "contact support and see if they'll help you". With this people would at least get a fair warning before trying to sell some of those objects.

8. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=550256&postcount=306

Proposal: Make animation in line with actual current activity.

Problem:
As soon as you queue a sleep the animation shows a sleeping figure, even though you might be walking to the hotel at that point. A lot of people at first think they have been duelled while sleeping when they were actually on the way to the hotel.
Solution:
If the walking animation was shown until the actual sleep part of the order begins it would be less confusing.

Additional: Also, with the 45minute duelling cooldown it would be useful to be able to see from the animation if you were actually asleep and protected or waiting for the cooldown to elapse (maybe no 'z.z.z.z's animating or a red boder to show you are still duelable, and no border to show you are fully asleep and protected.

9. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=552221&postcount=307

New Job: Brewing Coffee

Details of idea: This should be a relatively easy job on The West. Of course, they had coffee in the days of the wild west. If you don't believe me, look up Arbuckle Coffee. I imagine its difficulty should be between 25 and 50 labor points. Skills used in this job could include: Vigor, Stamina, Stamina, Fine Motor Skills, and Trading.

Reasons for submitting: I think this job would make the game more interesting and realistic. The product awarded could be a bag of coffee beans. I reckon it would be fairly easy to implement as well.

10. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=552253&postcount=308

Idea title: Dueling Map.

Details of idea: New dueling menu is great and this will only enhance it. By adding a map, you can choose your duels in a way that makes more sense. 2 guys 10 minutes away from your location could be in complete opposite locations. Also duelers won't end up in desolate areas.

Visual Aid:
westduelfinal-1.jpg

Reasons for submitting: Ease of selecting duels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

#4 should not be put forward at all IMO. It had virtually no support when discussed and is based on one individuals RL bidding dislikes. Game Changes, even minor ones should not be based on one individuals likes or dislikes.

Even more important there is nothing wrong with players trying to buy something as cheap as possible with $1 bids. That is part of the way an action works, those bidding try and get items cheap as possible.

Taking that option away from them and replacing it with a 10% minimum bidding increase (which on a $5k item for example is a $500 bid increase every time a new bid is placed) favors the seller and gives him an unfair advantage in the auction.

This idea could not pass a vote, whats more IMO anything that changes the balance of the auction process of the seller trying to get as much as possible for an item ( and the seller already has the option of setting a "buy now" only price for an item) and the buyer trying to buy as cheaply as possible heavily slants the auction process in favor of the seller and this is not a minor game change.

Deleted User - 1278415

TJ this is why we do the discussion here. No minor idea gets past this point until we discuss it in a MINOR IDEAS #x thread.

I go through and I grab the ideas presented and put them in 1 posting. Dont get defensive. You could have just said #4 needs to be a major idea so it can be voted on.

I agree some of these ideas might not be minor and might need to be discussed. And #4 will probably be held back... but as you said we cant base it on just 1 individuals likes or dislike of an idea :p

EDIT oh and my opinion on #4 I think there should be a minimum but Im unsure of what I think the minimum should be I might need to do some math and see what 10% of the base minimum bid is and of the max bid etc. But I dont typically do the bids... I always buy the item at max price since I usually want the item now and dont want to play auction pins and needles.

Id like to get comments and discussion on all the ideas... so I assume you like the rest of the ideas TJ?

DeletedUser22575

TJ this is why we do the discussion here. No minor idea gets past this point until we discuss it in a MINOR IDEAS #x thread.

I go through and I grab the ideas presented and put them in 1 posting. Dont get defensive. You could have just said #4 needs to be a major idea so it can be voted on.

I agree some of these ideas might not be minor and might need to be discussed. And #4 will probably be held back... but as you said we cant base it on just 1 individuals likes or dislike of an idea :p

EDIT oh and my opinion on #4 I think there should be a minimum but Im unsure of what I think the minimum should be I might need to do some math and see what 10% of the base minimum bid is and of the max bid etc. But I dont typically do the bids... I always buy the item at max price since I usually want the item now and dont want to play auction pins and needles.

Id like to get comments and discussion on all the ideas... so I assume you like the rest of the ideas TJ?

Sorry, I actually thought we had discussed this somewhere else already. (#4)

And yes I think that the rest are fine. As far as bidding i usually just find the item with a "buy now" price myself. If I want it I want it now also :)

As far as the base minimum bid is that will vary on the base price for every item.

DeletedUser25632

I like everything and I honestly don't have a problem with #4 sure, it doesn't have to be 10% but it should be raised higher than $1. I love being out bid at the very end up of an auction by $1.

DeletedUser22575

I like everything and I honestly don't have a problem with #4 sure, it doesn't have to be 10% but it should be raised higher than $1. I love being out bid at the very end up of an auction by $1.

would being out bid at the very end by $25 make you feel any better? :laugh:

DeletedUser

I like also all ideas, #4 is no problem for me either, I also buy it now and not waiting to be out bid.

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok so speaking of #4... should we change the 10% to be $25 increments?

DeletedUser

i think 10% if good since on $10000 item next bid min $11000 or more.
like if i want to buy a 50K item (it will still be the same on high value items). 10% is good.

DeletedUser

I think it should be around 2%
$100= $2 (when's the last time you bought something for $100? Even cookies are in the 1,000's nowadays! We must take in to view the lowest of levels)
$1,000= $20 (reasonable enough right?)
$5,000= $100
$10,000= $200
$50,000= $1,000 (if you're buying something at this price, and someone outbids you by a mere $25, I don't see much difference if it were $1!)

DeletedUser28116

#1 - (Harmonica) Fun item but they are "relaxing" ... maybe having it in the product slot should reduce the EP cost of doing a job by 1, which slightly decreases regeneration time.

#2 - (Indian tribe name) John has a good point.

#5 - (Archiving) A nice fix but we need even more. We need to be able to hide archived items from the main mailbox to just show unarchived. The "Not archived" folder selection, even followed by a refresh, does not seem to filter out the archived items.

#7 - (Warning notice on item) Would be helpful especially for those who are new.

#9 - (Brewing coffee job) Switch out toughness for vigor. It is caffeinated coffee, right?

Deleted User - 1278415

Alright looks like we have a lot saying $25 increases instead of $1.

Im going to change that #4.

and submit later tonight.

DeletedUser

lets take products for example, $20 value product and the next bid will be $45?

i vote no to #4 idea if that is the case. 100% NO.

DeletedUser

i say no to #4 because many people do this ask for an item and someone puts it on market and with minimum bid $1 so they only have to pay 1 dollar in fees and get their money from the person who is buying it almost right away (if theres a rule for no pre-thought of market sales than nearly everyone in the whole game can be punished) my many friends need the 1 dollar min fee for they love to help their brethren I haven ever done this or gotten anything out of it but my friends have. oh yea and for #2 whats wrong with the Illinois indians I'm proud my state named the state after them

DeletedUser

Yes
2. Absolutely. Iroquouis is completely ignorant of American history and geography and Native American culture.
3. I posted this when the minor ideas thread was first added and it was the reason I suggested the minor ideas thread to Gem in the first place.
4. $25 for all items makes no more sense than $1 for all items. It should be a percentage of the opening bid.
6. Yeah, that wouldn't hurt. Tell TBOM for his future mockups that all text in the game is Arial. :p
8. I almost said no thinking this was something else, but yeah, definitely. Show walking when you're walking and sleeping or working when you're actually sleeping or working.

No
1. Who cares? I can't believe you even included this one.
5. Don't care either way.
7. I really don't think any other warning is necessary. You're given one and I hate multiple warnings. It would be inconvenient, but I'd rather see selling to the trader removed completely. It's too easy to check trader, forget you're there, and sell something you're trying to equip, clicking Yes without thinking. ("Of course I want to equip it! What kind of question is that?" "Oops.") Or at least make the trader window look less like the inventory window.
9. Really don't care about new low difficulty jobs that I MIGHT do on a new world for a day before I outgrow it.
10. No. Filter out allies, KOed people, and sleeping people, but I don't want a map.

Deleted User - 1278415

#2 whats wrong with the Illinois indians I'm proud my state named the state after them

Im from Illinois now myself, while I didnt know much about the Illinois Indians. This game is about The West, and the Mississippi river dictates the Gateway to the US West begins there. I'd have to say the Sioux were more Central Northern Indians of the Dakotas... hence the name comes from the Sioux Indian name.

If you want historically accurate then the desert west was more the area of Texas Arizona, which would be the Indians of the South West.. That would be the Apache Indians. Hopefully someone who knows their Indian history better than I do can double check/correct me. I'm at 1/6th Cherokee now, as my great great great grandfather was an adopted Cherokee Indian.

Status
Not open for further replies.