Passed Minor Ideas #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Lots of different minor ideas. Please post only if you disagree with any of these ideas being put through. This will not be voted upon, it will take too much time.

1. Surely this is minor.
    Put the win percentage beside the "duels won" in the town mortician. It's just a stat I like to calc sometimes.
    attachment.php
  2. IMPLEMENTED
    when i say search master warrior in the players thing. make it so that if i press return that it searches please. :) told you it was minor
  3. IMPLEMENTED
    Yes, I know that but that's not what I said. I'm saying this:
    58662233.jpg
  4. I'd just like to be able to archive messages and reports. If you're looking for limits, maybe 10-20 each. That way you don't have to sift through hundreds of links, or lose any you want to keep for whatever reason.
  5. IMPLEMENTED
    We should have a different colour logo when the forums has new posts. Maybe it's a bug because I see a colourless one below, but all my forums are orange, even those with no recent posts.
    townforum.png
  6. I don't know if this has already been suggested but it would be nice to see your motivation for each job added to the Work tab. It could be fitted in at the end next to the Labour Points heading, with the Difficulty and Labour Points columns reduced in width so it all still fits.
  7. I got something real minor .. just a change to one of the earlier quests. Part of "The Cattle Herd" line from Sheriff John... quest reads..

The cattle herd (The donkey)

Sheriff John Fitzburn: Sadly we could still not find Simmon's herd. Maybe you are more lucky than us. The prairie is very large, I won't let you try without an animal to ride on. You need a donkey at least. Hint: To move around faster you can use a donkey or horse. You can buy them at the general store. The better the animal, the faster you can move around.

... see I'm an idiot and read to much into the text of it and didn't pay attention to the fact that he specifically wants you to have a donkey and bought myself a pony since I had the money .. I mean hey its twice as fast .. why waste cash on a donkey? But of course now I still got to get a donkey to complete the quest. Might consider changing it to be any mount instead or make the text a bit more specific for stupid folk like me. :D
  8. Thinking for those of us who have slower computers can switch back to the unanimated version of The West if we want to.

The animation is unnecessary for those with a computer like mine.
  9. iggyberto said:
    I would like to be able to see who is KO in my town. I can go and look at everybody elses town and see that information, but not in my own town.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hasn't five already been voted on?

Also seven would just clutter my reports page (especially for jobs with long titles such as "Installing a barb wire fence").

Good point, but no harm in reminding the devs.

I think you mean 6:

suggy1969 said:
I don't know if this has already been suggested but it would be nice to see your motivation for each job added to the Work tab. It could be fitted in at the end next to the Labour Points heading, with the Difficulty and Labour Points columns reduced in width so it all still fits.

But I don't get the idea, so it don't matter.

DeletedUser

Good point, but no harm in reminding the devs.

I think you mean 6:But I don't get the idea, so it don't matter.

He is referring to the list in the work tab for players with automation premium. I agree that it would be very handy to see motivation there as well as labor points and job stats, and there is plenty of extra space currently in the difficulty and labor points columns. (after trying all the premium advantages, automation is the only one I'll be sticking with).

DeletedUser

i dont think i need the last idea

But it won't harm anyone, and will help some people, so surely it's good?

He is referring to the list in the work tab for players with automation premium. I agree that it would be very handy to see motivation there as well as labor points and job stats, and there is plenty of extra space currently in the difficulty and labor points columns. (after trying all the premium advantages, automation is the only one I'll be sticking with).

Oh right - I don't really remember what it looked like - I did the quest for free premium so long ago!

Edit:
Gem said:
iggyberto said:
I would like to be able to see who is KO in my town. I can go and look at everybody elses town and see that information, but not in my own town.
I've just realized I did a mockup for that somewhere, so I thought I may as well post it here:

Attachments

• saloonown.jpg
    saloonown.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 90

DeletedUser

A follow-up suggestion on #9. It doesn't need anything complicated. Just change the link on your town's saloon to the same building_saloon as any other town's saloon instead of building_quest. I don't know of anyone who goes through their saloon to get to the quest NPCs instead of the Quests button on the left side of the screen.

Diggo11

Erm just to confirm Gem, these ideas are all getting submitted eventually (except for five which has already been voted on)?

DeletedUser

I'm going to look at everyone's points and adjust accordingly before I submit and you can see my changes when I do. Then, it's going to the devs :)

DeletedUser

There is a Java script I've seen somewhere that allows you to do no 9

DeletedUser

Don't like no. 7 cause in the next quest is the corn for the donkey

DeletedUser

I think that with the introduction of the "equipment sets" to the game there is no need for #7. It is good to have the donkey due to it being part of a set, so I think that the time spent on recoding could be better used somewhere else.

(I also misread this quest the first time around and bought a pony. However, I also admit it is because I wasn't paying attention at the time and didn't read all the way through it. I think the explanation of the quest is pretty clear, AND the desire of having the donkey as a part of an item set puts #7 outdated.)

DeletedUser

I like #6, it would give sites like westinsider and weststats a chance to scan motivation levels as well

DeletedUser

i vote for number 9, i want to see who is ko'ed or who is sleeping in my own town

maybe u can add the feature in town hall

the page where user see how much money contributed

it really weird to not know it's own town's people status, while we can see others

or should i create another account to do so? of course it's illegal isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.