Minor change in Ranking.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Minor change in Ranking.

Details of idea: This is basically pretty simple idea. In current system a general can't demote another general during ranking before a fort battle. For many reasons we need to offer hats to some players who are not welcomed in the fort battles. But many of we have experienced that these types of players sign up. Come to fort with low HP and bad gears. Sometimes they don't even stay online during the battle. But as they have general rank, no one online Generals can demote them. But everybody understands that demoting that player would be good for the battle. So I propose a change in the ranking system where a General can demote a General.

Reasons for submitting:
I have to rank in battles. And I face this problem a lot. I think other rankers also face the same problem sometimes. This is why I think the implementation of this idea will help us to rank more precisely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

+1 to this idea...

I have had this problem on numerous occasions, as a town black hat, especially when duellers and/or questers who have grey hats, come to small attacks, and I can't do anything about them getting in if they aren't online.

Ripwise

+1 to this idea...

I have had this problem on numerous occasions, as a town black hat, especially when duellers and/or questers who have grey hats, come to small attacks, and I can't do anything about them getting in if they aren't online.

if you dug a battle as a town hat you are general and can demote grey hats because they are auto captains. If you didnt dig then general who dug the battle can demote those offline captains but ofcourse if there is general online. Proposal here is for general to derank general which currently aint possible.

I like this idea but since it was already proposed i doubt it will go trough but there is always hope :D

Last edited:

Apelatia

if you dug a battle as a town hat you are general and can demote grey hats because they are auto captains. If you didnt dig then general can demote those offline captains. Proposal here is to for general to derank general which currently aint possible.

In attacks, all town hats are auto-generals, are they not? Only in defences are grey hats auto-captains.

DeletedUser

if you dug a battle as a town hat you are general and can demote grey hats because they are auto captains. If you didnt dig then general who dug the battle can demote those offline captains but ofcourse if there is general online. Proposal here is for general to derank general which currently aint possible.

I like this idea but since it was already proposed i doubt it will go trough but there is always hope :D
Sir, the proposal is about demoting Auto-Generals, not Auto-Captains. :) This problem occurs when we dig a fort and unwanted hats sign up and be Auto-generals :(

DeletedUser

As it should be, because it provides the same workaround which already exists for demoting offline autocaptains, either requiring an online general to do the demotions.

DeletedUser22685

Only thing I have against this is that it gives me one less reason to hate towns with ridiculous amounts of hats.

DeletedUser

Only thing I have against this is that it gives me one less reason to hate towns with ridiculous amounts of hats.
I tried to think why this happens. And I finally came up with the conclusion like: A lot of players think a hat is symbol of status. And this is why they get emotional if they don't have hats.
They will do nothing. No forum participation, no tasks what a hat can do. They just stay satisfied because they've a hat. And town leaders hesitate to demote them because these players are loyal towards the brand and they are not doing big harm with the hat. If a hat can keep them happy so why demoting them.

But the problem occurs when the town digs and when one of these hats with low HP signs up.

DeletedUser22685

I know where the problem comes from, I just strongly dislike whole hat towns. A hat stops becoming a symbol of status when everyone has one.

DeletedUser

This is also useful so that you can make sure people get the correct number of people ranked at fort correct. since there are auto capt people and some are not at fort and shouldn't have that rank, the ability to remove the rank lets rankers see a more accurate number of people at the fort.

DeletedUser

i proposed similiar idea: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=650199#post650199
it was voted with more than 80% (http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=51413) and therefore sent to Dev's. Now it's up to them to decide whether they want this or not.

Deranking generals was a small part of your idea and they don't need to implement lieutenant and sergeant for them to implement the ability of deranking generals, which I proposed and was submitted long before yours.

DeletedUser30224

Unfortunately I can just submit the idea, I don't get any feedback. So no update :(

DeletedUser30224

Update: This idea has been submitted without a vote.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

This is actually abusable, If those hats be angry about you derank them they can easily derank you in next attack at least. All they have to do it to wait and sign in for the battle after all other hats and be fast to derank others.