migration

animary

Some years ago I had worked hard and gotten to lvl 100 so was getting into fort fights consistently. Then Inno dumped a bunch of players from another server into our midst and suddenly if you weren't at least lvl 120 or a strong dueler you wouldn't even get into a large fort fight. Great way to treat your players, Inno. Now, on a different server, I have worked hard, playing every day, and gotten to rank 64 ....only to log in today and find, through no fault of my own, I am knocked back to rank 85, all because Inno decided to dump a bunch of high level players on this server.

I dare anyone at Inno, in fact I defy the entire staff of Inno, to present me one viable explanation as to why they deem this a fair way to treat their players. Such attitudes are at best inconsiderate, at worst ....well, we won't go there.

NovaStar

In all fairness...W1 did not ask to close down. In fact, they did not want to. If you have ever gone through a migration (or world closing), it is hard to leave where you were most comfortable. W1 fought hard a second time to try to stay open and lost that battle this time. Also, they did not all go to one world, but spread out through several worlds.

Myself, I've chosen to embrace them and welcome them to our world(s), as we have been through a lot and they can bring a new perspective to the game with their long-lived experiences. It is also a chance to refresh and restart in many ways for us.

Just my view fwiw...

Oh yea...and perhaps with all the choices of other worlds they had, we might also feel grateful for those that chose our world over their other choices.

Furthermore...if it had been the other way around (which it very well could be one day)...how would you like to be thought of or treated in the world that you choose to move to?

Last edited:

Poker Alice

I dare anyone at Inno, in fact I defy the entire staff of Inno, to present me one viable explanation as to why they deem this a fair way to treat their players
I'm not answering this question for the moderators but just reasoning it out as a player. I would think it would be a tough decision to make. You are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't allow migration or close down worlds. To try to accommodate players some decision needs to be made. Some players want low populated worlds to exist while other players want their world to increase in population and some players don't wish to leave their characters behind when a world is closed down. Migration can seem good for some players and unfair to others. It is the player preferences any moderation will try to solve along with their own management preferences and you just can't please everyone.
Furthermore...if it had been the other way around (which it very well could be one day)...how would you like to be thought of or treated in the world that you choose to move to?
Well said. This is one thing management can do very little about. Players attitudes do mean a lot in any interactive game. I want to welcome all players who enjoy the game from experience players to brand new players but then you get some players that can seem be just a little annoying? Look at two comments in this thread for example. A member of the community asks a reasonable question and is made fun of and criticized. I've witnessed new players to the game be treated in this fashion and it accomplishes very little except injury.

animary

I said nothing against any of the players involved, this is not their fault, there is no malice; I only questioned the fairness of the "solution" to the situation. I question the overall efficacy of shutting down a server, dumping all its players on other servers, then, a few months later, opening a new server; would it not make more sense to use that time and energy to promote that first server and revive it?

To be analogous, I once worked for a small engineering firm doing specialized work; there were three other similar companies in this country. A large foreign telecom corporation wanted to set up in this country doing the same work; their yearly income was four times that of the four companies here combined. A federal law blocked them because it would be "unfair competition". So, in this game you have 100 players who have worked hard to get where they are, only to be displaced by an influx of higher level players from elsewhere; this is entirely different from being bumped by a fellow player on your server who is doing better than you.

As for derogatory replies, to one I say "What that player has said is unimportant, and we do not hear his words". There is a contingent here who loathe me, because I am outspoken, and are snippy and argumentative to any comments I make.

animary

Well, 85 was bad enough, then 88, now 92. If this poorly thought out "solution" bumps me out of the top 100 I quit that server, regardless of the time I've invested. So, Inno, dump 100 people on a server and 100 others quit, what have you accomplished?

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
We are really sorry if you are unhappy with the migration routes opened from World 1. For next time we are going to evaluate more deeper the servers to which we will open the migration, and we will not open a migration route from a very old server to a newer one.

Thank you for your understanding!

RaiderTr

Next time? :huh:
we will not open a migration route from a very old server to a newer one
This statement is somewhat confusing.

So.. newer might have migration routes to older but not vice versa?

Best solution would be "optional" routes tbh..
Not everyone cares about meaningless Xp ranks and stuff afterall.

We are really sorry if you are unhappy with the migration routes opened from World 1. For next time we are going to evaluate more deeper the servers to which we will open the migration, and we will not open a migration route from a very old server to a newer one.

Thank you for your understanding!

I propose a suggestion, or better 2

arizona, briscoe, dakota, el dorado > fairbanks

or

fairbanks, arizona, briscoe, dakota, el dorado > colorado

#let me out of fairbanks
#i want a world with fort fights

arizona, briscoe, dakota, el dorado > fairbanks
or
fairbanks, arizona, briscoe, dakota, el dorado > colorado

#let me out of fairbanks
#i want a world with fort fights
Instead of migration to established worlds where there are already alliances, fort ownership, towns built (and thousands of ghost towns) start a new world or two and give worlds A,B,D,E,F,G,H,I.J one month to migrate their chars to it/them. Then close the ABDEFGHIJ worlds.

Instead of migration to established worlds where there are already alliances, fort ownership, towns built (and thousands of ghost towns) start a new world or two and give worlds A,B,D,E,F,G,H,I.J one month to migrate their chars to it/them. Then close the ABDEFGHIJ worlds.

They should start 2 completely new worlds (without cities, or forts, founded or alliances), and force all the players from worlds ABCDEF to migrate to those 2 worlds and then eliminate ABCDEF, it is the best possible way of organization so that we do not Let's mix (still) with the GHIJK worlds players)

so they can enjoy their "new worlds"
Anyway, we already know that when new worlds die, their players end up starting in Colorado because it is the most active world no matter what an old world is.