Migration

• Thread starter DeletedUser19385
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This is the source of confusion:

Basically once you have migrated into an open world, you will no longer be able to move into another open world on the same or higher premium system.

It makes it sound like you can migrate from an open world if had never migrated before.

DeletedUser23201

can the implementation date be pushed out a week?? The one toon i wish to migrate can't as iv yet to delete the other character and it will take 5 days for him to be deleted which will be beyond the current deadline

Deleted User - 1693871

The announcement is still confusing ... slight adjustments isn't the same as 'migration closed'.

HelenBack

can the implementation date be pushed out a week?? The one toon i wish to migrate can't as iv yet to delete the other character and it will take 5 days for him to be deleted which will be beyond the current deadline

Oh, good point Farmer. This only gives peeps a couple days to get things sorted. Since deleting takes 5 days to complete before the world is clear, then you won't be able to migrate in time.
:unsure:

DeletedUser

how fast is the transfer when you set to transfer to another world? how many hours?
It doesn't work that way. It always used to happen around 3:15 am server time, but I haven't migrated in a while.

DeletedUser

If you are on world 11 and it's after the 8th you will not be able to migrate out of the world as world 11 is an open world regardless if you have or have not migrated that character before. The migration route itself is going to be deleted.

All migrations out of open worlds are going to be disabled.

In other words, you can only migrate out of worlds 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Can you tell me when worlds 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 will be closed?

JBE ;)

DeletedUser8627

Oh, good point Farmer. This only gives peeps a couple days to get things sorted. Since deleting takes 5 days to complete before the world is clear, then you won't be able to migrate in time.
:unsure:

Ample time has already been provided to sort out migrations.

The intended use of migrations was to get players out of closed worlds into open worlds and not to allow players to jump from one open world to another, 2 months later do the same etc...

Once you're now in an open world, that is where the player will stay.

DeletedUser8627

Unfortunately not, ample time has already been provided and we are trying to prevent inventories being sold to another player so that an alternate character migrating into the world can buy it back.

DeletedUser15641

Does that mean that closed worlds have more time than open worlds to migrate?

DeletedUser22685

Well since open worlds' migration is closing tomorrow and closed ones are not, I think the answer to that is yes.

DeletedUser

And why wouldn't it be that way? Migration exists solely to save characters that would be deleted when worlds close.

DeletedUser22685

No one knows when that is, probably when they stop being profitable.

DeletedUser8627

Yup, even I don't even know when these worlds are going to be closed. The last time I queried this it was still fine to keep these running.

At the moment I can say that you are safe until the end of April if you're playing in any of these worlds.

If nothing has hit my ears when the end of April arrives, then you will be good until the end of May. I'm giving sufficient time and notifications before a world is removed from our servers.