Migration from old worlds.

HelenBack

Thanks DT! I hope you had a great holiday. :)

I hope there there will be lots of time. I know it's a big deal... The first announcement just said "in February", so I was concerned people would be scrambling. There are a few of us that are spreading the word, so more people know than when we started. But I'm sure there are many people that still don't know. I hope they can be reached in time.

asdf124

Thanks DT! I hope you had a great holiday. :)

I hope there there will be lots of time. I know it's a big deal... The first announcement just said "in February", so I was concerned people would be scrambling. There are a few of us that are spreading the word, so more people know than when we started. But I'm sure there are many people that still don't know. I hope they can be reached in time.

The first announcement said that you should move before February but the deletion in February.

Which would mean that it would be 1’st. The latest news is a derailment of that to doing it in, or after valentines day(that’s what the impression I got.)

You also forgot that only 10-30% have read the telegram :(

DeletedUser34132

I don't comment here on the forum but felt the need to today.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to Helen and asdf for the hard work they have done on everyone's behalf. You two have gone above and beyond and it is greatly appreciated. Well done!

HelenBack

I don't comment here on the forum but felt the need to today.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to Helen and asdf for the hard work they have done on everyone's behalf. You two have gone above and beyond and it is greatly appreciated. Well done!

Thank you Patz! You've always done so many awesome things for people... I wish more people were like you. :) <3

asdf124

Any information regarding a world closure will be given to you well in advance before anything happens on this server. Closing a world is a big deal and plenty of time will be provided to get your characters sorted out. You need not worry about this.

It is only now that a decision has been made on world closures, yes, after the festive season so everyone is available and will see the announcements and not have a character lost due to not being very active during the festive time of the year.

Announcements will be posted shortly.
How about those who have paid nuggets, those who have to delete in order to save their main worlds...... Will they be compensated for it or will those nuggets be down the drain? Also, lots of time, effort and what not happened which should be compensated for. And no, I am not talking about a medal that is/will be obsolete in a few months.

I know it is the later, however, one can hope a business with a good ethical standard(toons have rights you know...)

Just so you prove *Cough* @deiben *Cough* how wrong he is about 1 world and the rest can get ignored.... And that multiple worlds have more advantages than getting to know new players.

Snr Sarg

I still haven't seen any announcements in game at all, if I didnt visit this forum, as many don't, I'd be clueless about it

DeletedUser26820

Staying on topic, this is another great justification for not playing more that one server.
Play one server, you always have a server to play on or migration route should it be shut down.
Play two, you get screw......

HelenBack

Could we please get an in-game announcement on the worlds that are closing? There still are some that do not know about the world closure that is looming in the near future.

It would be great if we could have both:
- An in-game pop up as you log on that says WORLD CLOSING and a count down... With a link to the announcement here and the migration info on the Wiki.
- A topic in all Saloons to remind people of the closing date and maybe a link to the announcement here as well.

Some people may still run out of time... :(

HelenBack

I still have not seen any in-game announcement to let everyone know that the worlds would be closing... I've had to deal with a family death and funeral, otherwise I would have been announcing it in the Saloons whenever I could... But I haven't been able to be online as much lately. I'll barely get my own toons dealt with, never mind trying to help everyone else that is still confused about what to do.

Going forward... I hope that Inno will make IN-GAME announcements when a world is going to close. With links to information on how to do so... Maybe even send an email to all within the world to let them know. Cover all bases... Make sure that no one gets left behind.
:(

Ravenberry

Since end of migration, it becomes evident any announcement desired can be made via youtube link upon sign in. The Valentine's event pop up announcement is an example.

Thank you for your efforts, Helen. I wonder how many toons were saved though them. Can/will this thread be continued with stories of experiences and perhaps some small acknowledgement to those that might have helped save them from the harsh, burning sands of the dreaded Deleted Desert?

asdf124

Can you please disable referral links into old worlds?

As they don't work anymore(you would be making a new toon in houston which is not what is intended)

PS: I for one have lost at least 1 friend due to the last purge of w11/w12.

RIP.