Migration from old worlds.

HelenBack

I met someone today in w12 that did NOT know about the older worlds closing in February... They didn't know about the migration routes either.

I do not remember seeing any server announcement (interstitial) to let us know that those worlds are closing... A lot of people do not come to the forums. If a world is going to close... There should be an announcement within the game so when people log on, they can see it. Also, what about those toons that are in Vacation Mode? Will they be left behind?

Only announcement I found was this:
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/new-migration-routes.57586/

And I know about this:
https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Character_Migration

And, of course, the thread where people are very unhappy about the only classic world (w1) closing. :(

When are w1, w10, w11, w12 finally closing? Beginning of February? Not that I want them to close... Just that we all need to know.

HelenBack

I hope there is an in-game announcement so those who do not know yet will have time to prepare. Since I wrote my original post, I found a couple others who did not know that the worlds were closing. Please make sure they are all given enough time!

Reyne

There is also a lot of confusion for those who do not know HOW to migrate. Most know that you must not login until migration is complete. One person was confused because their choice of world was grayed out, so they wondered if the world was full. Someone else said it takes five days, another said 24 hours. Someone else asked how we'd know migration was complete. On that one, I'm guessing on the login page under "Your worlds" the one you migrated to will show up on that list?

DeletedUser34977

Sure hoping they post something on bout the worlds closing. and Helen, how long does it take to fully transfer a toon? I take you had some experience on this since you transferred some of your toons already. Thanks in advance! :)

Nisa

There is also a lot of confusion for those who do not know HOW to migrate. Most know that you must not login until migration is complete. One person was confused because their choice of world was grayed out, so they wondered if the world was full. Someone else said it takes five days, another said 24 hours. Someone else asked how we'd know migration was complete. On that one, I'm guessing on the login page under "Your worlds" the one you migrated to will show up on that list?

All these questions are covered in both links Helen posted. It is explained on Wiki how to migrate. Da Twista gave heads up in his post with enough time but once the date is set ( and known ) players will know. There is no need to 'guess' anything. If players have questions they can send a support ticket. ( as it was mentioned in OP )

HelenBack

So.. On w1... I sent a telegram out to EVERYONE left on the world... 534 people... I've had multiple replies saying they had no clue that the world was going to close. I will try to do the same on w11 and w12... It takes time to copy/paste everyone's name into the telegram.

If only INNO would post an IN-GAME ANNOUNCEMENT... Maybe more people wouldn't be left out in the cold.

I think at this point (or whenever Inno gets around to doing a proper announcement), they need to give everyone at least a full month to get ready and migrate.

Otherwise... It is NOT fair. You will lose a lot of long time players... You already are... Some aren't happy about being forced to leave the world they've built up. They will stop playing instead.

Please... Inno... They need time to get ready.

Also there are a lot of people on Vacation Mode who may not know at all... They may come back to NO toons... What happens then?
:(

tnx HelenBack, for the TIP
INNO realy took us with our pants now, normally do they have dialongs after login on stuff they care to sell for expensive GOLD and other advertisement, so why couldnt they have a DIALOG that told us we had to move to other servers?
and why again must they lay down a server and world after one and another and open a new one and new one.

DO inno think that the players find it so funny to spend hours and weeks to build up a town and fort.
Or are they more keen on the real money the players put in the game.

Inno say we play here after free weilling they didnt ask us to play here .... that is also an excuse they have.
they say they have to lay down a server since there are so few active players.
No wonder there are few players ..... WE where over 3000 active players in one world once till Inno open a new world, then moved 2000 players to the next world, and since there where so few active in world one did Inno close it, and after awhile did they close world 2 as well since so few played in world 2.

INNO have a real good game goin on, many players have become friends ( even so close friends that some of us have met in real life , even some come from UK others from Germany and so on ) and have daily contact outside the game.
Cant INNO try to KEEP it simple and MAKE the thing they have made, much better instead of spreading PEOLPLE and destroy their and us players dream ) ?

SINCE we now must move .... and one play also in arizon, can he she move this player from egs world one to arizona and meld melt those to players into one, money and equipments vice? or must he she move to dakota or other worlds ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser19367

I am truly pissed I'm losing my World 1 and World 11 characters. They are 2 of my longest tenured characters. I'm active on every world except Houston and Galveston with no option to migrate there. I have made arrangements for what items I can have muled to other worlds. Very pissed as well losing the items I leveled up as well. Sure, selling them gets ya cash, but it sucks when you lose those items. Wish I was able to migrate 1 of the other Worlds to Houston and Galveston so I wouldn't lose these characters. Been complaining about it for quite some time... Just my 2 cents.....
Lapper

Reyne

All these questions are covered in both links Helen posted. It is explained on Wiki how to migrate. Da Twista gave heads up in his post with enough time but once the date is set ( and known ) players will know. There is no need to 'guess' anything. If players have questions they can send a support ticket. ( as it was mentioned in OP )

Thank you, Nissa, for responding. I posted the links in a telegram in game. HelenBack took it farther with a telegram to let EVERYONE know. It was surprising how many people wouldn't know without that telegram. Most don't read these forums, and wouldn't know to send in a ticket until it was too late. I'm relaying what the response has been and some of the questions asked of me and of Helen. That's why an ingame announcement is so important. I am not criticizing you, just requesting a time and an ingame announcement. Please don't be defensive or take my post as such. I did refer them to the links Helen posted.

You've assured us there will be an announcement when the date is known, so it's all good. :)

DeletedUser35101

PONY EXPRESS questline has to be changed... and first step in that questline should be called "Invite HelenBack" and to complete quest one has to send RL mail address used for specific world to HelenBack

People on Vacation Mode are biggest issue here...
When we go inactive on a world for few days, we receive "The Wild West Misses you" mail and telling us for how long we didn't log into that world... and than we get a mail again few days later

So why can't a mail be sent to all players on w1, w11 and w12 telling them about world closure?

All those addresses are already in game, somewhere... i do believe some people with right access can also see who are players on Vacation Mode and maybe just send mail to those people and give pop up ingame announcement for ones playing, repeatable one informing them.

DeletedUser38817

When the only in-game announcements you get are Happy new year and new nugget deals instead of real updates...

Nisa

Please don't be defensive or take my post as such. I did refer them to the links Helen posted.

You've assured us there will be an announcement when the date is known, so it's all good. :)

Don't worry. I know you want the best for players, so does Helen. Some don't read forum, some wont read ingame announcement and always been that way. Players spreading a word on town forums, alliances or saloon chats was always the best way to share the info. Maybe we could make Henry to announce it on worlds when the date is known.

HelenBack

Don't worry. I know you want the best for players, so does Helen. Some don't read forum, some wont read ingame announcement and always been that way. Players spreading a word on town forums, alliances or saloon chats was always the best way to share the info. Maybe we could make Henry to announce it on worlds when the date is known.

Yes... I don't want anyone left behind. Or have them try to log on one day and are not able to. I like Lucky's idea of sending them an email to whatever address they used to sign up for The West. If they are on vacation mode, there's no other way to let them know.

The best way to announce is to do all of these:
  • Email their account address - it's external to the game and if they aren't checking it, at least you have done all you (Inno) can to let them know.
  • This forum (of course!).
  • In-game pop up that they have to mark as Read. Maybe even force it to pop every 2 days so there is no doubt? Like a countdown?
  • Henry's bright yellow announcement in chat - Put Henry to work! A countdown would be good here too.
The teles that I sent out in w1 and w12 (asdf sent it out on my behalf for w11... Thanks asdf! :) ) have definitely woken up a few people who had no idea anything was going to happen.

Outcome of the teles:
  • Many are upset that the worlds are closing.
  • Many had no idea it was closing...
  • Some didn't believe it...
  • A lot had no idea how to migrate.
  • A lot didn't know where to migrate.
  • Best outcome - People are helping each other. A lot are answering questions that are being asked. It's really brought together each world... Sad thing is, they're about to go.
I still think the official in-game announcement should give everyone at least a month to prepare for migration. There may be some who don't read their teles... I should know, I'm one that often needs someone to TELL ME they sent me a tele before I read it. lol :p

So, I hope that ample time is given for people to make a decision as to where they will go and how to get there.

I'll try to stay in the old worlds as long as possible to help those who need it.

DeletedUser22685

I still think the official in-game announcement should give everyone at least a month to prepare for migration. There may be some who don't read their teles... I should know, I'm one that often needs someone to TELL ME they sent me a tele before I read it. lol :p
I agree that a month's notice or so would be optimal, but unfortunately there's not too much we can do about it. The decision to close worlds and enable migration routes isn't made by .net staff members, but by the Lead Community Manager and other Inno employees who aren't directly involved in the administration of this server. However, the announcements both in-game and in the forum are the job of the EN Community Manager. This means that the people who know when we can expect the worlds to close aren't the ones in charge of announcing it, but the ones who need to announce it haven't been given the necessary information in order to do so.

I did my best to pass on the need for an exact date to be made public - or at the very least for an in-game notification that the closures would be happening, even if we couldn't find out the dates - a couple of weeks ago when I replied to this thread. But a lack of communication on some level, as is too often the case these days, seems to be responsible for the confusion.

Deleted User - 1693871

Thanks for explaining that, Futu. What a sad situation for all to find themselves in.

DeletedUser26820

From reading the posts above, a lot of this brings justification to NOT playing multiple servers.
I'm glad I've always stood my ground on that. A lot of what has been said here supports that stubbornness.
For servers on this game are like ladies... a gentleman can only truly love one.
Otherwise, he's cheating the other.
Please don't make that sexist. It's just an analogy. Change it around and it's still the same analogy.
If anyone needs assistance migrating in or out of Briscoe, shoot me a tg there.
deiben's Migration, Storage and Banking Locker is open for business.
I'll hold and store all your AUCTIONABLE gear, mats, recipes, buffs and cash of your retiring/deleting Briscoe toon with 100% confidence for your in-bound, migrating toon to pick up once there.
We'll negotiate terms of the 100% confidence service on a case-by-case basis and the extent of gear/mats/cash stored and transferred.

DeletedUser8627

Any information regarding a world closure will be given to you well in advance before anything happens on this server. Closing a world is a big deal and plenty of time will be provided to get your characters sorted out. You need not worry about this.

It is only now that a decision has been made on world closures, yes, after the festive season so everyone is available and will see the announcements and not have a character lost due to not being very active during the festive time of the year.

Announcements will be posted shortly.