Mexican Gold - the decision

Dilligan

Not sure if this helps, but I was struggling to beat Old Man Hackett, so I waited till I had low health and then cancelled the quest, got nude and accepted the quest again. I then put my duelling kit on and got him first go.

DeletedUser

This is one of the NPC duels where they mirror everything of yours I think, so maximise on appearance, take off anything tactics boosting, don't dodge and go for the head.

Red Falcon

I have a similar thread discussing this matter in Quest Discussion if anyone wants to head on over there to learn or discuss strategies on defeating Old Man Hackett/The Mexican Guy.

DeletedUser34016

Thnx Dilligan, worked wonders :

[report=108959422e4f63d0fb]NPC duel: Bloodtrayl vs. Old Man Hackett[/report]

8 duels to get him ( OMHackett ) also applying the no dodging/no tactics advice.

Got my Gentleman's coat from it, :D

DeletedUser25169

I just completed mexican gold, against OM Hackett did hit him couple of times and he bring me down until I was left with only few HP

Finally I won duel against OM Hackett with only one hit. [report=6432431977e5a7bf28]NPC duel: ffan2 vs. Old Man Hackett[/report]

willie2201

My 1st duel against OM Hackett:
[report=28620081e9992d1652]NPC duel: willie2201 vs. Old Man Hackett[/report]

Then I KO'ed him right after that:
[report=28620271d8f853f52d]NPC duel: willie2201 vs. Old Man Hackett[/report]

Red Falcon

To those of you who are trying to post dueling reports in here, sorry but I do not think this feature works anymore on the forums.

DeletedUser

Kill old man hackett

No matter what i do i cant kill him please help me

DeletedUser25958

I could shoot Hackett in 3 battles. His total health points were 2067. I also shot him like others tipped me before. So Aim for the head and put Dodge on the aim stance.
Maybe it is worth trying to put Dodge on duck stance.

DeletedUser

Isn't this one of those NPCs with the same amount of HP you have at the moment of the duel??

DeletedUser36384

Any Idea about how to complete the quest?

Any Idea abt how to complete this quest. I am wearing KF sets and winning the duel against Hakket. Still the quest not completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Simply beating him won't finish the quest, you have to pass him out (get his HP to 0). He has the same amount of HP you have when you initiate the duel, and also aims and dodges the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36417

I just beat Old man Hackett. Every fight I lost no matter what I did. Followed all previous advice, still lost. I was down to 1 hp.Cancel quest ,retook it and voila, I beat him 4 to 0 and he passed out :p:cool:

DeletedUser

Honestly, I never had a problem with this and I'm an Adventurer, not a Dueller. I kept winning, but not knocking him out, but I knew about 'Mirrors' and so I deliberately lowered my OWN Health and voila. KO'd him next fight. :)