Merging Worlds

Tick ALL of the following you agree to:

• I wouldn't mind fort data being lost.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • I would be concerned if fort data was lost.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I want town & alliance data to be kept where possible.

Votes: 58 42.0%
  • I prefer town & alliance data to be reset.

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • I currently play more than seven worlds.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I currently play seven or less worlds.

Votes: 99 71.7%
  • I am happy for my character(s) to be deleted and XP and inventories transferred.

Votes: 53 38.4%
  • I am happy for my character(s) to be deleted to receive a bonus for other worlds.

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • I am not happy for my character to be deleted at all.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I agree the merging of worlds should be a development priority.

Votes: 74 53.6%
  • I agree with or do not mind the notion of merging worlds.

Votes: 76 55.1%
  • I disagree with the notion of merging worlds.

Votes: 19 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser12669

Well the developers are working on the game for 1.32.

And the Community Managers are the ones that have to work on the decisions and issues of how many worlds they need to have open/merge. Thats why Diggo is polling to see what the public wants.

yup im fully aware of who does what, but is it not the job of the devs that will do the merging when and if the time comes. with all the hard work that involves the 1.32 update and w15 possibly coming out at the same time, will the merger be worked on after the update so when the old worlds get to say 2000 players it will be less hassle for them to do

DeletedUser

Presently it's not a matter of lets have a poll to decide if, but finding time in the development schedule for when.

Thought you said there was no point for a poll, everyone wanted the merge you said Diggo, looks like they don't. :razz:

138 voted hardly seems like anything to go on here, it is pointless in my opinion to hold a poll, you were right you shouldn't have bothered. (not even 1% have voted.) Just give a month warning to which worlds if any you will merge / close. Best way merge them however you can, no point saying if we can keep information for this or that. It's what you can actually do, if you mess it up completely at worse you lose alot of old loyal players.
At best you please most but not all, seems you can please all.

DeletedUser22685

There are only 817 "active members" of the forum, 138 is over an eighth of the forum base so I think that's about as good as we could have hoped for. It did give an indication of the general feeling, I'm sure an interstitial notice of some kind will be rolled out onto the worlds once the details have been developed in more detail.

DeletedUser

As I was inactive for 3 months, this is the only thing could bring me back to West. Let me read through it...

OK then DONT merge the worlds. Just add the option, that appears when logging in, to MOVE your character to other world.
- if one already has second character then to choose -> cancel / replace old character
- close some "empty" worlds for moving
- restrict cool off timer for moving to 1 month

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser563

poll is closed . i found out about this yesterday. thanks for the great heads up Innogames :(. Well well having played a game that been closed due to monetary considerations ( ranchstars :) ) I can tell you all the time and effort wasted. There will come zero good from this. And please refund me all the nuggets I wasted on these worlds.

DeletedUser22685

It's not an official poll that came from Inno, just an initiative by the CM to get a general idea of how to best merge worlds.

DeletedUser563

why close it so soon?:(.

Just out of curiosity.
diggo said:
The idea now seems to have unanimous support from the development team, management team and the forum community
Ok I have searched the forum and see only this post. So where was this idea conceived.:dastardly::donkey: :eek: :indian:I cannot see how it could have been from a different language forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21770

i play all worlds,and as long as they transfer all items i dont mind,this game is dying and the more worlds we have the more is gonna die.

DeletedUser9470

i play all worlds,and as long as they transfer all items i dont mind,this game is dying and the more worlds we have the more is gonna die.

ditto, Im not doing all the quests/stats/achievements/respecs again.
Im happy to go to any world. with no loss to my toon.

DeletedUser

ditto, Im not doing all the quests/stats/achievements/respecs again.
Im happy to go to any world. with no loss to my toon.

Yeah, I think players lost because they aren't happy about losing anything would equal any gains by merging worlds.

DeletedUser9470

why cant players toons be transferred? ask all players to delete all but 1 toon on the worlds to be deleted. transfer every players remaining toon to the new world.
this way most would be happy.

DeletedUser

why cant players toons be transferred? ask all players to delete all but 1 toon on the worlds to be deleted. transfer every players remaining toon to the new world.
this way most would be happy.
As in a world that is completely new? No towns or forts built, no alliances, no town forums, no alliances, no alliance forums? You think everyone would be happy with that?

And what of the issue of people who have two toons, one for each world? You think they'll be happy?

Anyway, transferring players poses many problems, not the least of which is that it would need to be handled on a case-by-case basis and require players to cooperate before anything can be brought across to a "new world." The more glaring problems are that of Accounts working like this: Main Account - Character accounts for each world.

Characters are not independent of your main account, they are directly linked. Nor are they modular from the respective world. I.e., they can't just be "moved." They would instead require a developer to "copy" the data, and the corresponding fields, to a different world. If the respective fields are already occupied, the data from those fields would need to be erased before anything could be copied over, to avoid corruption of data. If they do not exist, they would need to be created before the data within those fields could be copied over. At least based on what I was able to tell when I used to work with the tools, which don't provide a clear picture of the database structure, but is sufficient to glean some things (and no, I wasn't going to go snooping, that gets developers nervous).

Merging worlds as a whole is a difficult challenge, particularly since the initial design does not accommodate such a venture. You have the problems of duplicate town names, same x/y coords, dupe characters (one account), town spacing, fort ownership, dupe alliance names, etc and so on. The idea of merging worlds is a surmountable challenge, just not an easy one.

However, making everyone happy is not one of the programming challenges. That hardship falls on the lap of the CMs, who you like blaming for everything.

DeletedUser

erm now the polls result have been voted is this going to happen or are we just going to sit and hope it gets implemented someday i know developers like nuggets and wouldn't want to let it go

DeletedUser22685

It's still on the table, AFAIK they're still discussing possible ways to do it.

DeletedUser

ok am glad its on table maybe players from different worlds should be given a poll which world they would like to merge with