Market Wishlist

• Thread starter DeletedUser33797
  • Start date

DeletedUser33797

Idea title: Market whislist
Details of idea: A new tab included in the market screen that allows you to create a list of item/products you want to buy from the market.Let`s say you are looking for Elfego Baca`s Pants .In your own whislist you put those pants.When checking the market you don`t have to go to click buy/pants then scroll down or type in the search bar ,instead you go to your whislist or custom tab (whatever you want to call it :)) and just click on the item you want and the result will come on main page of the market screen.In order to create such a list a new tab can be created in the upper side of the market screen near marketmap tab containing all the items in the game.Clicking on one item will give the possibility to add it to you wishlist
Visual Aid:
attachment.php

Reasons for submitting:It will speed up a little the search process trough the market and you don`t have to search every day if that item that you are looking for it`s there or not :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

subject to abuse since there are so many out there browsing trough market constantly!

DeletedUser

Yeah. Besides I like to count on surprises. With this constant spying there won't be any surprises anymore.

So, No from me.

DeletedUser

N0 from me too. if there was a wishlist anyone could grab their wanted items and you would not find your desired item anymore.

DeletedUser

I don't think anyone who replied understood the suggestion. It's a private list for your own use. I like the idea, except for the notifications part. I'd rather it just be a tab in the market that you have to check manually, just like the watch list.

DeletedUser33797

Thanks Elmyr.
That was the intention and the idea :)

Ripwise

My reply was correct because anyone would make a list of most desirable items which when posted on market would pop up in your notebook!

Chance of profitering with such a tool is tremendous!

DeletedUser

Yep. I agree with... Ripwise. and my statement was somewhat correct too. There would be so many players constantly preying on the popup messages.

DeletedUser

Yep. I agree with... Ripwise. and my statement was somewhat correct too. There would be so many players constantly preying on the popup messages.
Your statement was 100% incorrect. No one can grab what you want just because it's on your wishlist because they can't see it.

DeletedUser30224

Well, all I understood is that the proposal wants to make a custom search list for marke ... well not a searchlist as such but a custom category of your own in the market where you can find all the filters you need. For example: the same way you have the market divided into categories (headgear ... products) you will have another category called "custom" where you will be able to include items of your desire. Therefore if you are constantly searching for a wider range of items, youcan just go there to the ustom category and click on each item the list contains.

I hope I got it right, and to be fair to the rest of the market, I would say that we do not need this. People will ignore any other items that they have no interest at that moment, but that can be very good deals non the less. Other than that, people are already selective in what they buy, and to say that if you implement this will allow people stealing items, does not hold much watter as you can do it now without this implemented.

Like Elmo said, nottification would be something that I'd definitely not agree.

DeletedUser22685

Elmyr's right. The arguments against the idea so far have been invalid IMO, if a player is going to use the wish list to quickly snare every item that appears, they could do that already by doing an empty search and sorting the list of all market items that pops up by finish date in descending order.

I'm neutral, as adding items to a wishlist isn't really that much easier than searching specifically for your item.

DeletedUser33797

Maybe creating and example will help.Let`s say you are looking for Create Modern Armour recipe.In your own whislist you put that recipe.When checking the market you don`t have to go to click buy/recipes or type in the search bar ,instead you go to your whislist or custom tab (whatever you want to call it :)) and just click on the item you want and the result will come on main page of the market screen. Why it`s that going to lead to abuse? And it`s not an auto buy thing :) Maybe i was far off with the notification part but we do have the watch list reminder so i picked up the idea from there
An MJ if you want to be surprised there is always the option not to use it :)

DeletedUser22685

Oh and for the record, on second thought I've changed my mind about how much easier it would be than searching for the items individually. I'd definitely use it.

DeletedUser

Your statement was 100% incorrect. No one can grab what you want just because it's on your wishlist because they can't see it.

You didn't understand me. First, you put an item on the wishlist. after that, someone puts your desired item one the market for sale and you would receive a notification. Then you open the market tab and grab your item.

Imagine 50, even 10 people putting exactly the same item on their own wishlist, that would be quite confusing.

I say no to this idea, even if i "didn't" get the point.

Maybe creating and example will help.Let`s say you are looking for Create Modern Armour recipe.In your own whislist you put that recipe.When checking the market you don`t have to go to click buy/recipes or type in the search bar ,instead you go to your whislist or custom tab (whatever you want to call it :)) and just click on the item you want and the result will come on main page of the market screen. Why it`s that going to lead to abuse? And it`s not an auto buy thing :) Maybe i was far off with the notification part but we do have the watch list reminder so i picked up the idea from there
An MJ if you want to be surprised there is always the option not to use it :)

if that would work like you described here, i can say yes. :) . The item notification would be too much imo.

DeletedUser8627

I'm easy with the idea. Just to give an example of what I've been doing. All items I'm needing are placed in my notepad. I then glance at that and do my searches manually on the market.

But there are going to be some problems motivating this idea. For one, players will need to add to their list. So how does one do this, the items won't be in their inventory to save it only the list. A player would most like choose from a massive drop list (Which won't be placed in the market) or they type in the exact item name or ID. Again, not many know the exact spelling of items plus not everyone is strong at English in this game.

Perhaps speak to the tw.db guys. They already have markers against items you do not have. Perhaps they can somehow place this in a certain category which you can browse. It would be a quicker solution that would work a bit better for now until a well planned designed has been worked out, voted upon and sent to the dev team.

DeletedUser22685

In the light of the new explanation should i edit the idea or just write a new one?

You can just edit the notification part out of the original post if you wish to remove it, you don't need to make a new thread.

DeletedUser

As Ripwise stated, I have no problem with the idea either if we edit teh notifications part.