Market, what's the point so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hmm. What do I do when I have sold some items? I sold some stuff on W1. Two items were sold. There´s an option to press "pick up money for broken wine bottle". I sold that one successfully and another item too, all other´s were expired. Those I know to pick up again. But those that were sold. What to do with them??

I don't understand your question.

This idea just occurred to me. You can browse the market and buy items for a low price, then resell it, setting the minimum bid higher than what you paid for it. If someone were to just keep doing this, they could make a large sum of money. Is there any rule or something that I am missing that would not allow this?

If it can be bought, then it means the others can buy them as well and you might not sell them for a fortune, since they can buy them in shops or from the trader.

DeletedUser

If it can be bought, then it means the others can buy them as well and you might not sell them for a fortune, since they can buy them in shops or from the trader.

I am not saying I will make a fortune off buying and selling 1 item. I am talking about buying an item, like a push dagger for 200, then putting the knife back on the market with a minimum bid of maybe 210-225, and setting the immediate purchase at 400-425. If somebody comes along and buys the push dagger for say 350, I just made about 100-125 profit (150 profit minus the fees, puts it about 100-125). Then I take my money and buy something else and just keep doing that. You will make a decent amount of money. Especially once you get into buying weapons and high priced clothes.

DeletedUser

I still think it is not a very profitable method. I only see profit when you find items and then sell them.
Selling your duplicates can be rather profitable. You put it out for less than the buy price and for more than the sale price. People will be happy to buy it for cheaper than in stores and you will be happy to sell it for more than you would sell it in stores.

DeletedUser25632

I have found the market very profitable for me so far just off buying items I have in my town that others would not and putting them up on the market. I have made over 40k profit so far in a few days.

However, buying items that are already on the market to resell for 100-200 profit wont bring you that much of money.

DeletedUser

Is no bug. You pick up the money from the market where you put up the item to sell. So you might like to do your sales from town now.

Duduie, you're quite right, i'm an idiot. I must have put it up for sale when i was picking up an item from another town. Apologies for my slow-wittedness.

:blink:

DeletedUser

Rule Change - Sheriff & Market Please note the adjustment made to Game Rule: §6) Push duels ---> Click Here

The new rule states:
§6) Push duels

A player may not intentionally take part in a prearranged duel to provide or obtain experience points or money. A player may not use the Sheriff and Market to push items or money between players (prearranged).

The previous rule stated:
§6) Push duels

A player may not intentionally take part in a prearranged duel for the sole purpose of providing or receiving from his opponent experience points or money.

I for one would like some additional explanation to this rule so that we don't get an infraction, coz apparently it's a fine line between pushing and making a profit in the market.
I would like some examples to be made.

Like would this be considered as pushing, or other infraction on rule 56:

Just say: me and hellstrom play the same world and are in the same town -I'm lvl 56 and he is level 80 . one day we catch up online in the town/alliance7county chat and I realize that Hellstrom has a spare lump of dirt. we agree to make a transaction where he will put the item for sale for a certain value (that is near the market value (lets say 20000$) and immediately after he puts the item on the market I pay the agreed price and retrieve the item. Is this pushing?

Or what about vice versa, I am the one with the lump, and he pays 20000$ to a lvl56 player from his own town?

These situations are "prearranged", but I see no harm in executing them, as I don't see how either would be considered as a "push"..

Thank you.

DeletedUser

I would also like a clarification on that one. It must be ok to sell a precise pepperbox to a friend for what it cost me. I guess push would be buying my friends gray clothing for 30k? If so it's ok with me.

What about underpriced items though? I set some figaros razorblades up to town members on another server. Some sell them for 10k, where I only set the range between 1k and 1.5k. Since I know it could be worth more since you can't buy it normally it can't really harm me doing that now could it? An uninformed player might set the same price since it's more than what you get for selling it back to store after all.

Should be stated more clearly, ie You can't put up items for sale that are outrageously above their market price since it will be seen as an attempt at pushing money to you. If the item is bought at that price, both the seller and the buyer can be suspended.

All rare items like named weapons, note part 1, lump of dirt etc should be excempt from the rule, since I'm perfectly willing to spend 60k to get the lump on my guy with 350+ AP on transport ammunition.

DeletedUser

Market IS profitable. I was very surprised to realize that actually. I found a second brown waistcoat while chasing bandits, and put up an immediate purchase price of 2500. Then, checking for the price of other brown waistcoats, I saw that some are going as high as 4000 bucks, which is more than 200% of the original price. I have already put up two more waistcoats for sale, hopefully they will sell as high or something close to that. Even if it does not, I am still expecting at LEAST 10% profit on an 1800 dollar material.

The most bizarre one was the precise pepperbox revolver. A 2150 dollar item went upto 5000 bucks, just absolutely crazy!

DeletedUser

§6) Push duels

... A player may not use the Sheriff and Market to push items or money between players (prearranged
)​
If I want to sell my gentleman's stick for it's lowest price to anyone - I will do it.
The only thing I know is that many of my townmembers don't have that item so I prearranged that "town only" can see it on the market.
Shall I be banned for this? I mean... I'm prearranging a sale. Dunno, but there is no logic in banning me for this arrangement - if the game engine already has min. price implemented. I can't go lower than that, because I'd honestly give that stick as a reward for free to a player who built most buildings, or the best fort fighter, etc.

However, let's see this possibility. My townmate got sick and tired of something in this game, I mustn't say what it is just because, and is deleting his acc. He sold everything and now he has thousands of dollars he will put into town treasury... Or maybe not. Why shouldn't I put a price of 200K on red rags, and he instantly buys it and I'm rich!
Now... This is something I bet none of us want to see and that's why I feel this rule is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't get me wrong, I think this rule and control is absolutely needed, I just need more clarification as to what is and what isn't allowed anymore! I don't think the rule is clear enough. That's all.
There are too many different situations that could be construed as borderline pushing, when in fact none of the parties has anything like this in mind. Especially the term "prearranged" is confusing to say the least.
The whole point of the market was so that friends could trade amongst themselves.. How other would you do this if it not by prearranging a barter?

I'd just like some clarification. that's all.

DeletedUser

The rule discussion is in the Saloon where you can all find a decent explanation provided by our community manager. This thread has turned from market question to new rule discussion.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.