Market, what's the point so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I BOUGHT a pearl choker and had to travel to the town it was being sold in to collect it - fair enough - but i've just SOLD a Figaro's razor and now i have to go to the town where it was bought to collect my cash? What's that about? Surely if the guy who has bought it travelled to my town to collect it he left the cash there? That's a fairly dumb set-up in my opinion.

i agree 100%. i think its just a ploy to try and suck a few extra nuggets out of people. really the player that has to walk to your town or where you put it in market should leave the cash there and not in his own market

Deleted User - 1693871

Well ... I've sold items from the market in my home town and that's where I've collected the money after people have picked the items up. So it's working just as it should - I've only had to travel to other towns to pick items up I'd bought.

DeletedUser

I tried to sell the soldiers hat today but it wouldn't let me .

Class specific items cannot be sold at the market.

I BOUGHT a pearl choker and had to travel to the town it was being sold in to collect it - fair enough - but i've just SOLD a Figaro's razor and now i have to go to the town where it was bought to collect my cash? What's that about? Surely if the guy who has bought it travelled to my town to collect it he left the cash there? That's a fairly dumb set-up in my opinion.

You find the money in the sales offers window of the market. It goes to cash after you click the collect money button.

Err....I made an outright purchase from the market but the product did not show up in my inventory. I'm guessing I have to visit the seller's town to collect it. But, unfortunately I was on my pda while making the purchase and because it was my very first trip to the market I did not notice the seller's name, town, etc. WHAT NOW?

In the bids and purchases window you can find the name of the seller and the distance to travel.

lol.. you are in for some trouble :D.. well.. i had a similar question.. i sold some of the items at the market and am not sure who bought it.. it just displays a message that the auction is closed.
My question is: Are the buyers intentionally hidden from the seller?

I am not sure about this one, but I will check. If it is hidden, then is probably for cases when one intentionally wants to sell an item for cheap to a certain someone and someone else is faster and buys it first.

DeletedUser

You find the money in the sales offers window of the market. It goes to cash after you click the collect money button.

It does if the buyer is a resident of your town but i just had to walk four hours to pick up the cash from another town after selling razor (Arizona Villacourt Village to CRO Beer). When i clicked on the money collect button while in the market in my town it told me i had to be present to collect the money.

Maybe this is a bug and should go in the bugs thread?

DeletedUser25233

please help if you can

I tried offering something for sale. Firstly, I couldn't figure out how to offer it for lower than retail price, and would be glad if some would explain it in small words how this is done. Secondly, it wouldn't let me offer the item at all until I found a 'developed' market to sell it from. Huh? Our market was at level 1. Does this mean I have to build it to level >1 or what? Confused.

I posted this (series of) question(s) previous on this thread and haven't had an answer. Does anyone have any ideas about these things? Please help. Our market is now at level 2 and I STILL can't sell my stuff because I need to sell from a 'developed market'. Huh?? Ans I'm very keen to know how to sell stuff for less than purchase price - I've got spare stuff and I'd like to help out my fellow town members with some discount items. Is this not allowed? If not, how did that guy do it (see earlier in this thread)?

DeletedUser

Confused. I clicked on the bid symbol of someone else bidding on an item in my town's market and changed it by one dollar, thinking it would be my bid. But my name is not in the bid "room". Any answers???

DeletedUser

It does if the buyer is a resident of your town but i just had to walk four hours to pick up the cash from another town after selling razor (Arizona Villacourt Village to CRO Beer). When i clicked on the money collect button while in the market in my town it told me i had to be present to collect the money.

Maybe this is a bug and should go in the bugs thread?

Is no bug. You pick up the money from the market where you put up the item to sell. So you might like to do your sales from town now.

Confused. I clicked on the bid symbol of someone else bidding on an item in my town's market and changed it by one dollar, thinking it would be my bid. But my name is not in the bid "room". Any answers???

Did you really place the bid? Did you get a green message telling you it was successful?

DeletedUser

can i take my money back from market bid while auction still didn't ended?
i bid 60k for a lump of dirt, but found one myself today. it would be a bit expensive piece of dirt which i even do not need now.
i realy doubt that someone crazy enought apears and outbids my offer:hmf:

DeletedUser

When I put something for market, it still appears in my inventory. [EDIT: no it doesn't - my bad - I was selling a duplicate!]

Similarly, when I bid, does the money get taken from my account and put into escrow? Otherwise I could buy stuff on the never-never.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

can i take my money back from market bid while auction still didn't ended?
i bid 60k for a lump of dirt, but found one myself today. it would be a bit expensive piece of dirt which i even do not need now.
i realy doubt that someone crazy enought apears and outbids my offer:hmf:
If someone overbids, then you will get your money back. If you win the bid, just sell it back :)

DeletedUser25233

Okay, I've posted my questions twice and no answer. I'm guessing no-one knows the answers. Never mind.

DeletedUser

Hmm. What do I do when I have sold some items? I sold some stuff on W1. Two items were sold. There´s an option to press "pick up money for broken wine bottle". I sold that one successfully and another item too, all other´s were expired. Those I know to pick up again. But those that were sold. What to do with them??

DeletedUser

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any button for a market, where is it?

DeletedUser

It´s behind the sheriffs building. But your town or another town must have a market built first before being able to use it.

DeletedUser

Cancel Market bid

I bid on an item that I don't want. I was just seeing how the market worked. How do I cancel my bid? Or am I stuck buying the item unless someone out bids me? Or should I get the item and then turn around and sell it for more than I bought it?

DeletedUser

You can´t cancel a bid, sorry. You have to wait til somone outbids you. Then you get your cash back.

DeletedUser

idea

This idea just occurred to me. You can browse the market and buy items for a low price, then resell it, setting the minimum bid higher than what you paid for it. If someone were to just keep doing this, they could make a large sum of money. Is there any rule or something that I am missing that would not allow this?

DeletedUser25233

mm hmm

This idea just occurred to me. You can browse the market and buy items for a low price, then resell it, setting the minimum bid higher than what you paid for it. If someone were to just keep doing this, they could make a large sum of money. Is there any rule or something that I am missing that would not allow this?

Yes, a canny investor could do this, but it would take time, and there's risk involved, because you don't know if people are going to want to buy the item back off you, or what price they're prepared to offer. But in theory, if you make some good purchases, you could do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.