Market, what's the point so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I was very excited about the new update with the market and all, but when it was finally built in town, that was a totally different story.

Seriously, it does not allow me to sell anything I have in my inventory, which happen to be products from various jobs that just stacked up.

So, really? we cant sell our products that happen to be the only thing that players can obtain by spending most of their gameplay time in, the only objects that cannot be bought from the normal store? And that have lots of uses such as quests and building forts?

Can all the items except products be traded? Or how does it really work?

DeletedUser

As far as I know some products can be sold, like the pieces of notes, parasol or walking stick.

DeletedUser

That is correct, products that are part of sets though (Tequila, song book, parasol and others I dont remember), along with the notes. Which are like 6 out of all the other products?

But really, why did they bar away all the others? I am sure many lazy people would rather buy from other players and pay a lot instead of working on jobs that give little to no exp at all. That would be a nice business.

While buying presise guns and fancy clothing is rather pointless, while you still have to travel to a foreign town to pick the item up. You could be buying the item from the store using the old trading pass system.

DeletedUser

I am not going to try all the products I have to see if I can sell them, but I think is more important to be able to sell/buy a walking stick or a fancy weapon than a planner.

DeletedUser

Maybe it is because I am a manufacturer freak that I see it so necessary. I still cannot understand why not make all items tradable. While fancy and presise are useful, there is an unlimited supply of those in the stores.

I will try to work an idea out of this to post. But still I would like to know the logic behind excluding products, maybe there is a sharp, clear reason as to why it is this way.

DeletedUser

I have noticed that products can be bought with gold nuggets. I personally would love to be able to buy, say, wood using the ingame money instead of having to get the nuggets. I'm one of those people that does not particularly like spending my energy points on trying to get wood when other jobs that are in my range with my equipment give much better experience. I also can't justify my spending money on nuggets to buy a product when I am one that could use that money to fund things pertinent to real life.

In short, being able to get the wood (as example) using ingame money would help me and I would be able to not feel a nagging feeling that "I don't have a quest done..."

Maybe that's just me though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If the nuggets are the reason of that, it means the premium free worlds can trade products freely through the market? Else it would be very unfair.

DeletedUser

there are a HANDFUL of job products that can be sold.
like Note 1 & 2, elixir, tequila, pitchfork, ring & song book
[walking stick, chamber pot, and parasol also can be sold].

however almost all gear, weapons, fort guns CAN be sold.

DeletedUser

;) Glad to see just few products (parts of the sets) are sellable. Hands on folks, great to know you cant buy everything for money.
(btw I'd love to buy this fishing rod...)

DeletedUser

however almost all gear, weapons, fort guns CAN be sold.
Remove the word "almost".

In short:
Everything can be sold on the market except nonset products that can be bought by nuggets and unique quest products (example: note #3).

EDIT:
Noted by bever:
Also you can't sell character class quest items (clothes and weapons) and rotten eggs (possibly no holiday set item can be sold).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Reasons for market :

1.)No more leaving town to join another town on a shopping trip, you can ask towns nicely to list what items you would like, they can even add a extra fee above retail for their time.

2.)Hard items such as sleepy set/tequila/song book can be brought, depending how greedy you our, I sold night cap buy it now for 1200$ to a friend though dont come begging for deals, im rotten after all :laugh: and wont want to sell for bargains to just anyone.

3.)It seems it's possible to sale items of clothing you havefor less than retail price to your low town players.

That's the point Vadise, it's not here to help you on quests, well some quests it does, though not the easy ones.

DeletedUser

1. True, but what if there is no item you need on the market or it has an unreal price, and let's assume NPCtrader didn't offer it in last 15 days? You still have to walk to another town to buy it.

2. For now the prices on the market for such items are skyhigh pumped. I refuse to pay more than 6000$ on a sleepyhead set item, if you want it that badly, you have my blessings to buy it. For god's sake ppl are selling one item for more money that you need for the complete gentleman's set! Songbook+Elixir are also not fairly priced. 300-400$ would be a fair price. But then again, be my guest and buy them for 2K or even more. Yea, I saw such offers too. Etc etc, the market is still at it's beginning so overpriced items will pretty quick cease to exist or will be returned to the owner who wasted money on a fee.

3. Huh? Minimum price can't be lower than item's normal sell price from item's description.

DeletedUser

Glad to have all this feedback before I posted that in the ideas section, would have been shot down like a turkey. Not many manufacturer freaks around in game it seems. Thanks for clearing this up.

DeletedUser

That is correct, products that are part of sets though (Tequila, song book, parasol and others I dont remember), along with the notes. Which are like 6 out of all the other products?

But really, why did they bar away all the others? I am sure many lazy people would rather buy from other players and pay a lot instead of working on jobs that give little to no exp at all. That would be a nice business.

Pretty sure they banned trading all the other products to prevent towns from power leveling their members.

DeletedUser

Well, that would mean that higher levels would waste their time in low experience jobs to supply the items. I just saw this as a chance for workers to have other things to do rather than build, rest, build, rest and so on.

DeletedUser

Well, that would mean that higher levels would waste their time in low experience jobs to supply the items. I just saw this as a chance for workers to have other things to do rather than build, rest, build, rest and so on.

Not really, most people rarely sell job products because of unlimited inventory size. My character is over 50 and still has a full stack of cotton.

Though you can still twink out lower level members by selling old gear internally for low low prices.

Would have been nice to have all products sellable.

DeletedUser21299

the market

hello I play world 4 and I have lookt on the town whit most points and ther markets.

and tell me if I am wrong the markets have all the same item for sell difrence is the price only.

and noting I need in item. need sleeping stuff.

tanks niklas81

Status
Not open for further replies.